[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest StewieTech

I've got a problem with wifi. When I turn it on it works fine for several minutes. Then I lose the wifi connection even if it seems still connected (wifi icon persists). I try to turn it off but I can't set the wifi button on "off".

To solve it I must turn the device off and the on again. If I reboot it doesen't work.

I got this problem too, since way back with this rom, wtf?

Guest cvele992

Hi guys, I'm using SlimKat 8.8 and I'm not able to have link2sd working on it;

I've read about any incompatibility between kitkat and link2sd, isn't it?

There's a way to have it fully working?

It gave me an error on script installation, but with fusionX (4.1.2) all was wonderfully ok with link2sd

Ciao!

Link2sd is working fine for me on 8.10.

Guest marcogeni

Link2sd is working fine for me on 8.10.

How did you install it? Is there a particular way?

I had the micro SD card already with some app in the ext4 partition, from the stock rom; after this, with Kitkat was impossible for link2sd to see the external partition.

Guest wbrambley

How did you install it? Is there a particular way?

I had the micro SD card already with some app in the ext4 partition, from the stock rom; after this, with Kitkat was impossible for link2sd to see the external partition.

I have no problem with link2sd, 2gig ext4 partition. I have always opted to have the SD card set as internal. Is SU enabled?

Guest marcogeni

I have no problem with link2sd, 2gig ext4 partition. I have always opted to have the SD card set as internal. Is SU enabled?

Ok, thanks.

SU is enabled, and also SD card is set as internal, maybe I've done something else wrong.

I'll format the ext4 partition (3GB).

I'll try again to set link2sd... ;)  ;)

Edited by marcogeni

Guest anotherjib

Btw on my Y300 I've been unable to make link2sd use ext4, only ext2: with ext4 link2sd gave an error "failed to create init script" or something like this (sorry did not write it up).

Is this the common thing or I did something wrong?

Guest StewieTech

I've got a problem with wifi. When I turn it on it works fine for several minutes. Then I lose the wifi connection even if it seems still connected (wifi icon persists). I try to turn it off but I can't set the wifi button on "off".

To solve it I must turn the device off and the on again. If I reboot it doesen't work.

I got this problem too, since way back with this rom, wtf?

Seriously, i have this problem since a few versions back. Could it be a bug or kernel problem with the unnoficial rom? Because i doubt it´s from the slimkat sources. Please help. Thanks.

Edited by StewieTech

Guest juanpablocastillo

Seriously, i have this problem since a few versions back. Could it be a bug or kernel problem with the unnoficial rom? Because i doubt it´s from the slimkat sources. Please help. Thanks.

I don't have any problems with SlimKat 8.16. You done a clean install?

Guest killadroid

this 8.16 build is buggy for me too.3 random reboots out of the blue.just using my phone,then suddenly shows the slim animation.it's kinda annoying plus trouble waking up device sometimes

Edited by killadroid

Guest StewieTech

I don't have any problems with SlimKat 8.16. You done a clean install?

Yes, i always do a clean install. The problem is exactly as kiodo1981 described.

Guest wbrambley

Yes, i always do a clean install. The problem is exactly as kiodo1981 described.

I'm on latest version (built it myself but should still be the same) no random reboots for months. I use big swap partition with zram disabled. I get the odd pause in the launcher (could be the 200+ apps)but other than that it's going great and Link2SD is working as it always has.

Guest StewieTech

I'm on latest version (built it myself but should still be the same) no random reboots for months. I use big swap partition with zram disabled. I get the odd pause in the launcher (could be the 200+ apps)but other than that it's going great and Link2SD is working as it always has.

I was talking about the wifi problem.

Guest wbrambley

I was talking about the wifi problem.

I don't have that issue, has anyone done a logcat for this?

Maybe also what hardware you have, there are a few variations here

Edited by wbrambley

Guest StewieTech

I don't have that issue, has anyone done a logcat for this?

Maybe also what hardware you have, there are a few variations here

I´m a noob, not sure what logcat is or how to do it. Some kind of error registry?

Well i have a y300-0100 and always do a clean install except sd card. One thing i noticed is that the problem also happens on nameless rom by andrea and cm10.1 by fonz, so it have something to do with the kernel...? Also it didn´t use to happen, maybe a bug with recent pa nano gapps? I dunno.

Guest wbrambley

Do you have a PC with ADB installed? If so enable USB debugging in developer options and connect phone to PC. Then open command prompt or terminal and type in adb logcat.

Reproduce the problem and copy log to pastebin.com or somewhere else. Failing that download terminal emulator from play store and su then logcat.

Guest juanpablocastillo

Someone has noticed that the available kernel-space video memory is less on KitKat?
10805719_741193349307150_498317388663651

Originally, on stock an 4.2 ROMs, was (approximately) 40 MBs.

Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest StewieTech

You guys know how can i make certain aplications scale to a lower dpi? Slimkat´s 182 is way small(blury), 240 is fine but i crave a bit more space. I tried 200dpi but a couple of aplicarion don´t scale as they should; their welcome screen appears small with black borders all around, and certain aplications layout seem wrong. Isnt G510 dpi 200? It should all appear fine then...

(I used an app, do i get different results if i manually change dpi in build.prop?)

Guest marcogeni

Ok, thanks.

SU is enabled, and also SD card is set as internal, maybe I've done something else wrong.

I'll format the ext4 partition (3GB).

I'll try again to set link2sd... ;)  ;)

I don't know what is going wrong with me:

I have formatted again the 2nd partition of my sd card as primary 2GB (16GB total)

I set RW permission to anybody

When I try to recreate the mounting script the answer is: (translation from the italian) the installation script could not be created. mount: invalid argument

Someone has some idea about my mistake?

Edited by marcogeni

Guest StewieTech

Btw, is there a way to make the toggle notification transparent? The one with the toggle and notifications. Sorry i cant read over 200 pages so please help me on this one.

Guest LotR656

Btw, is there a way to make the toggle notification transparent? The one with the toggle and notifications. Sorry i cant read over 200 pages so please help me on this one.

It is possible, but I dont use this ROM right now so I forget how to do that. Check in settings I changed toogles in past.