[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest chil360

Yes, there is no weekly release this week. They are preparing the final SlimKat stable (9.0?) release. As soon as the stable is announced I will build and release it for our devices.

Guest chil360

@farfix I have seen this issue with some other apps that use webview. The reason it crashes is because of the 'classic' webview - it's missing some API's that are expected in kitkat usually provided by the chromium webview. It should work in SlimKat display-caf and SlimLP & CM12 as we can now use chromium.

@farfix I have seen this issue with some other apps that use webview. The reason it crashes is because of the 'classic' webview - it's missing some API's that are expected in kitkat usually provided by the chromium webview. It should work in SlimKat display-caf and SlimLP & CM12 as we can now use chromium.

Oh, it's good to read that :)

Aggreed. If you want to use voip on KitKat buy another device but don't spam every kk-rom thread with repeating the same question - you'll get the same answer every time. Thanks in advance,

Shadowghost

Guest killadroid

please , please , please , you manage VOIP calls , please : ' (

you're so annoying :angry: either you downgrade to jb 4.1 or buy a note 4 or something

this rom is better with the default chil kernel or synopsis?

Don't change the kernel... I use the default one and it's perfect. :)

But I use Slimkat 8.18 because 8.20 runs laggy on my phone o.O (I'm not using any special script like swap or crossbreeder)

@chil360 Now Bible app runs... I uninstalled it, cleared its data, and then I installed it again from Play Store. But it only works in "normal mode", because if I select "the Real Dark Slim" it doesn't work :O

Guest Charrua155

Neobis, I don't know what is your problem with VOIP calls, but I'm on Slimkat 8.8 and Skype calls (voice and video) work without problem. Try setting your governor to interactive, it helped me.

@chil360

I think i fixed Facebook Messenger calls with one of these commits (on CM10.1), not sure 100%, atleast now is working for me, no muted mic.

https://github.com/fonz93/android_device_huawei_u8833/commit/043214b934f46e9beec3e10d8d318b5b18b506cc

https://github.com/fonz93/android_device_huawei_u8833/commit/2135b14b1f231b581a3765dd2f97ae9347bc6064

Edited by fonz93

Guest chil360

Thanks fonz93.

I don't use Facebook so can't test these changes. As they are all build.prop changes, it is easy enough for someone that does use Facebook Messenger to try them and work out which ones are required. If someone has the time to do this, I can add the changes in time for SlimKat 9 stable.