[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

on me its not only the status bar, is present also the dim behind expanded panel, that makes the pull down notification very laggy, i'll try to delete persist.sys.force_highendgfx=true

Edited by fonz93

Guest ZolaIII

on me its not only the status bar, is present also the dim behind expanded panel, that makes the pull down notification very laggy, i'll try to delete persist.sys.force_highendgfx=true

Just put a # (rem) before it.

Guest ZolaIII

by the way, I still have the black status bar... the transparent one is present only on the lockscreen... :mellow:

Not a clean install wise guy!

& row is a worst solution!

Bat actually I think that won't change anything as this is only a config line...

Actually for me works... :P

post-1027947-0-85235000-1393011728_thumbpost-1027947-0-90814100-1393011734_thumbpost-1027947-0-93106900-1393011740_thumb 

Edited by Victod

Guest rederik75

Not a clean install wise guy!

& row is a worst solution!

Actually it was a clean install... Wiped system, data, cache, dalvik... And after install wiped again dalvik and cache....

Why row the worst solution? I don't have noticeable lags and music playback is fine....

Guest ZolaIII

In theory row is good as 90% of requests are read bat row have no back seeks no queuing no prediction all this costs performance. SIO is the best for single tasks & operations bat when things become more complicated he falls particularly you can see this in graphics (2D & 3D) as its simple input (in line) output.

CFQ or fair is very good across all tasks & a default in 95% Linux distributions (including all Androids).

BFQ should be advanced version of CFQ & in some cases is better bat generally is not especially with graphics.

Deadline is the best their is all across the bord it don't brake records bat performance is very nice & constant. Problem with it is that some times graphics glitches can happen (with good tuned kernel this will not happen). Favorite of some of the best professional Linux distributions like Red Hat (& my favorite).

Unfortunately, I'm having to leave this thread as my y300 refuses to let the WiFi work property on android 4.3 and 4.4.

I can't run slim kat or its sister release slim bean so I have no right being here.

I'm now running cm10.1 with no issues at all.

I'm just annoyed that I can't run slim and other better ROMs than cm10.1.......

I'll keep watching this thread but if anyone has any advise or can explain why my y300 WiFi won't work on android 4.3 or 4.4 I'd be very grateful and interested in an explanation.

Thanks guys :-)

Unfortunately, I'm having to leave this thread as my y300 refuses to let the WiFi work property on android 4.3 and 4.4.

I have to have a working WiFi to get emails and give important health alerts to/from my Dr.

I can't run slim kat or its sister release slim bean so to be honest I have no right being here.

I'm now running cm10.1 with no issues at all......but its cm10.1.......and its android 4.2 :-(

I'll keep watching this thread but if anyone has any advise or can explain why my y300 WiFi won't work on android 4.3 or 4.4 I'd be very grateful and interested in an explanation.

I can't run slim kat or its sister release slim bean so I have no right being here.

I'm now running cm10.1 with no issues at all.

Easy there captain double post. Well, above 4.2.2 you need the right recovery, like TWPR 2.6.3.3. You have that?
Duuuurrrr at double post........SORRY!!!! Yes I got TWRP 2.6.3.3 I've tried almost every ROM available for y300. Trying to get stability and all functions working...... With 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 ROMs I have some stability, but not much functionality. With 4.2.2 ROMs I have that stability and functionality. But with 4.3.1 or 4.4.2 I don't have any stability and nothing works (such as camera or WiFi) I spent all night last trying trying every possible combination of rom, gapps and twrp or cwm. I can't use WiFi because authication problems or just don't work! It works fine on 4.2.2 based ROMs only.......... Edited by ivan41

Guest torgo26

Duuuurrrr at double post........SORRY!!!! Yes I got TWRP 2.6.3.3 I've tried almost every ROM available for y300. Trying to get stability and all functions working...... With 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 ROMs I have some stability, but not much functionality. With 4.2.2 ROMs I have that stability and functionality. But with 4.3.1 or 4.4.2 I don't have any stability and nothing works (such as camera or WiFi) I spent all night last trying trying every possible combination of rom, gapps and twrp or cwm. I can't use WiFi because authication problems or just don't work! It works fine on 4.2.2 based ROMs only..........

Maybe your wifi password is too strong. You could try it with a simple password without special character. 

Edited by torgo26

Maybe your wifi password is too strong. You could try it with a simple password without special character.

If my WiFi password was so strong, I assume it wouldn't work on cm10.1 neither?????

I use the password on the router sent from talk talk.

I don't change it......

Now I'm replying here, I am able and im using slimkat3, and have been for the last 4 hours.

No issues right now, and the wifi hasn't dropped connection once.

Remember I have 4 other android phones and a couple of android tablets in my house that have no issues with the WiFi

Its only my y300........... :-o

How can one do that?

I thought (possibly wrongly) that it is illegal to change your router's password here in UK???

Guest rederik75

Well, tour router is yours, so you should have the right to change the pwd as you like... It is true that lots of providers that sell or lend their own routers avoid admin access to the user, indeed