[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest spikypotato

Right now I'm testing ART on this SlimKat.

ART on CM11 was bad. Hopefully I see some improvements in this ROM.

Guest Taiji2078

My battery lasted 5-6 days with 5.4. With 5.6 it dropped 19% in 7 hours - I'm always using the same apps, same style and always performing a clean install (since this isn't my main phone).

Testing Paranoid until your next SlimKat release. TY

Guest anotherjib

As with all previous versions, there are serious problems with hola. Well, I can live without it.

ARM works well with 5.6 and seems to be a trifle faster. Everything else seems to be OK so far.

Guest harrymcqueen

Hi all,

just updated to latest Version, at first boot system stuck at slimkat bootlogo.

- No access to TWRP (Power+Vol up button)

- No access via ADB

- No access via Fastboot

any idea how i could get access again?

Guest herrdeh

Upped to 5.6. No troubles up to now - exept ggl maps requested for a new version of ggl play services from the play store.

BTHW: Can we expect JustArchi's optimazations on the y300 as well? - Sounds pretty good...

Folks already seem to have done builds with these optimazations:

http://www.usoftphone.com/t216235.html

(Dont know whether this is comparable to the y300 work)

herrdeh

Guest jimwormold

I know this has been asked before, but I haven't seen an answer. 

Can I update SlimKat versions OTA, or should I re-flash from the update on the first page each time there's a new version?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Sream

Very good ROM, one of the most stable and fastest ROMs I've tested and used for this phone. I'm going to use it for the future. Only had one reboot while working with notifications. Had a problem after installing gapps, after the boot some apps crashed, but that could be do to the Google Play services, probably not updated enough. Beside that I don't understand how to close all running apps at once.

EDIT:

One last thing that's weird is why did SlimKAT decide on Google Music app instead of Apollo or something similar. You can't even set the ringtone from it.

Edited by Sream

Guest chil360

I have looked at the JustArchi optimizations and tried some test builds with mixed results.

These optimizations can be broken down to 3 areas...

1. Compiling the rom (not just kernel) with GCC 4.8 - I gained a pretty good speed increase using Linaro 4.8 but the rom became unstable with frequent random reboots. Sambermod 4.8 was also unstable, less so than linaro, but it didn't benchmark any quicker than 4.7.

2. Compile with O3 (rather than Os) - again it affects stability. To quote one of the devs in the Slim forum: 'problem with using O3 is it will break things.'

3. GCC Optimization flags - I haven't tried these on their own but probably won't have much of an effect without building with O2 or O3

I'll keep experimenting!

Guest spikypotato

I just realized that video recording doesn't work. When I tap the 'record' button, the timer is counting but the camera jammed up.

Any solutions for these problems are highly-super-ultra appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Reverted to Dalvik.

EDIT II: ...and after the camera jammed up. THE SCREEN STARTS TO FLICKER. :o

EDIT III: I can use USB Mass Storage now.

Edited by spikypotato

Guest B3rtm3n

I am still having random reboots, but this only happens after installing some apps when their services start to run the bloody thing becomes much slower and start to reboot after hanging.

Before installing the apps this 4.4.2 runs like a rocket.

I searched and found many other phone users had similar problems with this on their stockfirmware.

I hope this will be solved in 4.4.3 as some of them also hoped for.

Guest chil360

I think that you didn't read this,so i quoted it to make it more visible

That thread is a year old so the source won't be kitkat compatible. The thread is posted in a section for Galaxy S Advance which has completely different hardware.

Guest spikypotato

Okay. I'm testing ART, again. Yesterday's testing was aborted.

So far it works (no bootloops) but,

Usual ART's side effects: App size gets larger (1.1GB used 7.6MB remaining :o ) , boot time gets longer, some apps don't work.
Before you want to test ART, make sure to move some of your apps/games to SD/external storage first or it'll eat up your precious internal storage....aaaaaand make a Nandroid backup. 

Alright, I'm switching back to Dalvik.

Edited by spikypotato