[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest B3rtm3n

Thanks a lot Chil for all the work.

I just saw your post you could flash without re-installing everything. Did not knew this was possible. Does it mean I will not loose all my apps and their settings or do I have to re-install all the apps?

Just saw the following message at slimroms: Due to some technical problems weekly is on hold

Does this affect this rom too?

Edited by B3rtm3n

Guest chil360

I just saw your post you could flash without re-installing everything. Did not knew this was possible. Does it mean I will not loose all my apps and their settings or do I have to re-install all the apps?

Just saw the following message at slimroms: Due to some technical problems weekly is on hold

I would advise to always do a full wipe but a dirty flash is possible - just install the new rom zip, reinstall the gapps zip, wipe dalvik cache and reboot. The first boot will take longer but all your apps and settings will still be there.

I don't know what the 'technical problems' are but it doesn't affect my rom. At a guess, they are having hardware problems with their build server.

Guest Swedoxi

Yes nothing in ur phone will be deleted or change! but it can get some problems sometimes. I always just flash over the old one. And if I getting problems, I clean flash to see if it fixes it!

Guest markoprogramer

Downloading and testing.

EDIT:

Everything is ok. Great job. Keep it up.

Edited by markoprogramer

Guest Sream

Tested 5.8. Working and looking better. One thing that still doesn't work are facebook calls. Viber calls work just fine. Facebook calls didn't work with 5.4 or 5.6.

Edited by Sream

Guest anotherjib

Go to batch actions(green icon top right)

Go to move/insert

Click on go next to integrate updates from system apps into rom.

!!!! Chose only one app at a time and BACKUP before and after every success !!!

Note big updates take some time dont touch your phone..

But never longer than 10min. Else something went wrong.

Tried to integrate Google play services several times - Titanium got stuck and damaged it each time :(

Guest SaurabhRCk

Tried to integrate Google play services several times - Titanium got stuck and damaged it each time :(

Hey chil, I saw daz changed some stuff in his kernel 2 days ago. is your latest kernel have those changes?? 

Regards.

Guest herrdeh

@ chil360

BT keyboard works fine with 5.6 - exept I occasionally get the sticky-character bug - but its way better than with the stock rom.

Edited by herrdeh

Guest chil360

@SaurabhRCk

Daz's latest kernel changes were to add UHID support which I added in kernel v0.38

@Kama86

For 5.8 use a 4.4.3 Gapps. The links in the first post point to the latest Slim Gapps and Banks Gapps which are both now 4.4.3.

@herrdeh

Thanks for testing the BT keyboard I am glad to hear it's working.

Edited by chil360

Guest JobSup

I have a slight problem getting VPN connection to work using VPNCilla with the latest SlimKat 5.8 on my Y300. Here the logcat output. Maybe the module is not updated with the new kernel?

I/ip6tables(  134): ip6tables v1.4.11.1: can't initialize ip6tables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
I/ip6tables(  134): Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
I/ip6tables(  134): ip6tables terminated by exit(3)
E/Netd    (  134): exec() res=0, status=768 for /system/bin/ip6tables -t nat -D st_nat_POSTROUTING -o tun0 -m mark --mark 61 -j MASQUERADE

I will try the Android VPN, maybe that works. Anybody else having problems with 5.8 and VPN?

Guest chil360

I have a slight problem getting VPN connection to work using VPNCilla with the latest SlimKat 5.8 on my Y300. Here the logcat output. Maybe the module is not updated with the new kernel?

I/ip6tables(  134): ip6tables v1.4.11.1: can't initialize ip6tables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
I/ip6tables(  134): Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
I/ip6tables(  134): ip6tables terminated by exit(3)
E/Netd    (  134): exec() res=0, status=768 for /system/bin/ip6tables -t nat -D st_nat_POSTROUTING -o tun0 -m mark --mark 61 -j MASQUERADE

I will try the Android VPN, maybe that works. Anybody else having problems with 5.8 and VPN?

From what I can tell, VPN on kitkat requires IPv6 NAT kernel module which was added to the linux kernel in 3.7. As my kernel is based on 3.4 it doesn't have this module so it would have to be backported. I'll hunt for the patches and see if I can do it.

Guest JobSup

From what I can tell, VPN on kitkat requires IPv6 NAT kernel module which was added to the linux kernel in 3.7. As my kernel is based on 3.4 it doesn't have this module so it would have to be backported. I'll hunt for the patches and see if I can do it.

Thanks for the effort chill360! It looks like the module is only required for VPNCilla. It is working with the Android internal VPN. To get VPNCilla to work (was working with 5.6 btw.) would be nice though. VPN connections are much easier to handle with an extra app.

But don't put too much into it...

Guest chil360

Thanks for the effort chill360! It looks like the module is only required for VPNCilla. It is working with the Android internal VPN. To get VPNCilla to work (was working with 5.6 btw.) would be nice though. VPN connections are much easier to handle with an extra app.

But don't put too much into it...

If it was working in 5.6 then it must be a change in android 4.4.3. My kernel changes since 5.6 don't really touch ipv6/netfilter but you could try flashing my previous kernel (v0.40 - included in 5.6) and see if it makes any difference.

It looks like quite a lot of work to backport there have been a lot of changes since kernel 3.4 which I would need to add before adding the patches you need.

Guest SaurabhRCk

@SaurabhRCk

Daz's latest kernel changes were to add UHID support which I added in kernel v0.38

thnx for confirming man! 

Guest domenico76

Hi Guys I am going to try slimkat....

IN your opinion which is the stablestbuild so far for a daily usage?

Thank YOU ;-)

Edited by domenico76