[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest spikypotato

From what I have read about L so far, I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the Y300/G510 - the hardware requirements seem to be the same as kitkat. We will have to wait and see.

lloyd-300x300.jpg

"......YEAAAAH!"

:P  :D

Edited by spikypotato

Guest markoprogramer

Weekly 6.2 has been tagged and I'm just starting my build now so it should be available in the morning.

Android L....

No release date has been set for Android L yet but will probably be towards the end of year. At the moment there is only the Android L Developer Preview release and Google have this week published a lot of this code to AOSP in the l-preview branch. It is unlikely that there will be any custom roms built on the l-preview code - CM have already announced that they are not starting work on CM12 until the final Android L is released.

From what I have read about L so far, I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the Y300/G510 - the hardware requirements seem to be the same as kitkat. We will have to wait and see.

Glad to hear that.

Guest Ranx91

to install the new update,i just only need to wipe cache and dalvik,and then flash it;Right?

and do i need to reflash gapps?

thanks

Edited by Ranx91

Guest thetonyxx

to install the new update,i just only need to wipe cache and dalvik,and then flash it;Right?

yes

and do i need to reflash gapps?

no

Guest noobSU

Chil360: are you just syncing the new commits from the Slim repo? Did you try to fix these annoying bugs on our device yourself? :(

Guest Ranx91

found a huge bug in this new 6.2 version (to install it i made a full wipe)

when i try to move some apps to SD card (for example games and some other big apps) i receive an error message that say :

"impossible to move the app"

this error come out only when i try to move app with big dimension...if i try to move some app of few mb it work!

Screenshot_2014_07_08_14_21_55.jpg

Can someone please help me??

thanks!!!

Edited by Ranx91

Guest ZolaIII

@Ranx

If you use swap (any kind of it) disable it temporarily & move apps then enable it again.

@Chil you shouldn't just copy past commits & especially not newest ones as bugs will happen.

We are not shore what commit is actually casing this misbehavior Moddingg is looking in to it... :P

Guest Karakura Red

found a huge bug in this new 6.2 version (to install it i made a full wipe)

when i try to move some apps to SD card (for example games and some other big apps) i receive an error message that say :

"impossible to move the app"

this error come out only when i try to move app with big dimension...if i try to move some app of few mb it work!

Screenshot_2014_07_08_14_21_55.jpg

Can someone please help me??

thanks!!!

As a workaround you could try using Link2SD. You have to prepare your micro SD for the "Link to SD" feature, but that is far superior to the built-in "Move to SD" feature in my opinion (though I haven't tried the built-in function since Gingerbread). Otherwise you can also try to "Move to SD" using Link2SD. I don't know if it makes a difference to doing it through the App Settings then though.

Guest Ranx91

As a workaround you could try using Link2SD. You have to prepare your micro SD for the "Link to SD" feature, but that is far superior to the built-in "Move to SD" feature in my opinion (though I haven't tried the built-in function since Gingerbread). Otherwise you can also try to "Move to SD" using Link2SD. I don't know if it makes a difference to doing it through the App Settings then though.

i know i can use other app...but i want to use the built-in function to move my apps...also,with slimkat 6 (the previous version) i could move all the app!!

so this must be a bug of the 6.2 version!

@Ranx

If you use swap (any kind of it) disable it temporarily & move apps then enable it again.

thanks,but i don't use swap and also i don't use zram...i only run fstrim!! Edited by Ranx91

Guest Ranx91

Just flash the previous version of kernel.

For me disabling swap resolved the problem on stock...

thanks,i will try to flash the v0.44 kernel!

YES,IT WORK!!!

so,the problem is in the kernel...please @chil360 ,can you fix it???

thanks

Edited by Ranx91

Guest ZolaIII

Problem is probably in only one commit copied from Moddinggs repository this probably addresses and all repacks Fons did yesterday!

Guest chil360

Problem is probably in only one commit copied from Moddinggs repository this probably addresses and all repacks Fons did yesterday!

Do you know which commit is the problem?

Guest ZolaIII

Not really & as Moddingg mentioned none of newer commits are directly fs related bat we will trace it in day or two. It's a little hard when only me & him are doing checks.

Fell free to join us if you want.

Guest painteramit

Excuse me, did you know how enable heads up notifications?

Thanks

Long press on the notification in notification bar and select "Enable Heads up"

Guest chil360

any news about the bugfix in the new kernel??

anyway...is it safe to enable ART,or is better to remain with dalvik??

I have been trying to work out which commit caused the problem with moving apps but haven't been able to isolate it yet. So, I have removed a number of patches from v0.45 and have just reuploaded it as v0.45R2 available here.