[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest wbrambley

Just installed 6.2 a few days ago and updated 6.4 today but I lost my 2nd partition EXT4 for Link2SD, it is not mounted and I can't remount it. I have to reformat the SDcard, this time with EXT2 for the 2nd partition and reinstall all apps.

I am wondering is there a way to update the system but keep the apps with link2sd?

By the way this is how I update the system from 6.2 to 6.4

Downloaded 6.4 to sdcard,

reboot to TWRP recovery

install 6.4

wipe cache and D Cache

Reboot.

Was it something wrong I did, please help...TIA

PS, by the way, very stable and wonderful rom, much better than stock.

Try flashing this before dirty flashing update. I can't remember who made it but credit to them.

https://mega.co.nz/#!uERmBD6a!SfYJvD7ltNTJ5ukinoVFFQ4ao3ioDHwp-BZh62KlWIc

Guest yapmeo

[Q1] How can I reduce even more of the minimum lcd backlight setting? (screen brightness)

I set "/sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness" > 1 = lowest brightness, but still very bright.

[Q2] How can I increase even more of the maximum speaker volume?
I removed DSP equalizer to save some RAM, AudioFilter.csv won't work.

Thanks.

Guest wbrambley

[Q1] How can I reduce even more of the minimum lcd backlight setting? (screen brightness)

I set "/sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness" > 1 = lowest brightness, but still very bright.

[Q2] How can I increase even more of the maximum speaker volume?

I removed DSP equalizer to save some RAM, AudioFilter.csv won't work.

Thanks.

1 screen filter from app store

2 Viper4Android.

Screen filter may effect some bank apps.

Last time I tried V4A didn't have any effect on the FM radio audio. Maybe it uses a different output? Works well otherwise.

Edited by wbrambley

Guest mhackoy

i think this rom is much smoother than cm11. i flash 6.20 and kernel chill360 0.45r2 evrything seems stable. thank you for this awesome rom . i love the way that u can customise the notifacation Bg. lock handle, and the transfarent status bar.

Guest Sream

Has the wireless issue been fixed on the new version, becasue on Slimkat 6 wireless sometimes doesn't want to connect until next reboot and the parameters for Static IP and DNS get lost?

Guest markoprogramer

Has the wireless issue been fixed on the new version, becasue on Slimkat 6 wireless sometimes doesn't want to connect until next reboot and the parameters for Static IP and DNS get lost?

I never experienced that kind of problems...

Guest markoprogramer

can anyone tell how to ota update , i downloaded the update but the install doesnt start

You need to flash it though recovery.

Guest yapmeo

1 screen filter from app store

2 Viper4Android.

Screen filter may effect some bank apps.

Last time I tried V4A didn't have any effect on the FM radio audio. Maybe it uses a different output? Works well otherwise.

Thank you so much.

Actually screen filter does post-process to lower the "picture" contrast, but it doesn't lower the LED's brightness.

Viper4Android did good job in equalizing, but the output volume doesn't affected much.

Both consume extra ram and processing power.

I had once installed cyanogenmod custom rom by Dazzozo and the speaker volume was extremely loud, but too loud.

Perhaps it has to be done in the kernel?

How can I make it?

Thanks.

Guest wbrambley

Thank you so much.

Actually screen filter does post-process to lower the "picture" contrast, but it doesn't lower the LED's brightness.

Viper4Android did good job in equalizing, but the output volume doesn't affected much.

Both consume extra ram and processing power.

I had once installed cyanogenmod custom rom by Dazzozo and the speaker volume was extremely loud, but too loud.

Perhaps it has to be done in the kernel?

How can I make it?

Thanks.

From memory that was a change in available output format dictated in audio_policy.conf

For g300?

Guest SIMONPRO

i dont know what is the problem. sometime the phone wake up from sleep with no problem but some time it end up in black screen nothing display and hardware navigation light is on

need help 

Guest hgoldy300

i dont know what is the problem. sometime the phone wake up from sleep with no problem but some time it end up in black screen nothing display and hardware navigation light is on

need help 

I get this problem sometimes too. I haven't touched MPdicision and min freq is 196 MHz

Guest yapmeo

From memory that was a change in available output format dictated in audio_policy.conf

For g300?

y300, but I can't find any option to adjust/modify in audio_policy.conf to make the speaker volume louder. 

Guest oe3675

I have a problem on slimkat all version.

It uses the CDMA(EVDO) network.

It can make calls and send text messages,But no 3G and 2G network.(data connection).

There is no problem in CM.

I found the difference is telephony-msim.jar(I think).

=======

This is a part of logcat about it(I think).

-------

[ 07-16 21:51:15.450 604: 604 D/MobileDataStateTracker ]default: Broadcast received: android.intent.action.ANY_DATA_STATE apnType=default

[ 07-16 21:51:15.490 604: 604 D/MobileDataStateTracker ]default: Received state=DISCONNECTED, old=DISCONNECTED, reason=dataDetached

=======

Can you solve the problem or what can I do?

Edited by oe3675

Guest SIMONPRO

I get this problem sometimes too. I haven't touched MPdicision and min freq is 196 MHz

i didnt change anything in processor setting and i dont know much about changing processor settings, and frequency to me is 300+ the default one

Guest juanpablocastillo

Hey chil360: There's a old change in CM11 that allow the device to use lockscreen wigdets, even with low RAM is set in true. You can add it?

P.D: Isn't for me, is for the people here and in HTCMania.

Guest Karakura Red

I have a problem when updating apps through Aptoide.

Normally with root, Aptoide installs the update automatically after downloading it.

However, with some updates it opens the standard App Installer after downloading and then I get a message that I don't have enough free space, although I have more than enough (~350mb). Other updates on the other hand are normally installed through Aptoide without any problems.

Installing new apps, either through Aptoide or using the Apk, doesn't give me any error message.

I actually don't know if it's a problem with the ROM or Aptoide itself, but I never had that before. So if anyone has an idea what causes it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Guest chil360

Hi CHIL360

thanks a lot for this wonderful rom.

by the way, any plan for correcting the frequency table as

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372980-kernel-bug-report-acpuclock-7627-frequency-table-selection/

Yes, I have seen this fix, just need to test it out with the other freq table changes already in the kernel - y300 overclock and under volt.

Hey chil360: There's a old change in CM11 that allow the device to use lockscreen wigdets, even with low RAM is set in true. You can add it?

P.D: Isn't for me, is for the people here and in HTCMania.

Is the change you are referring to - patch1 - patch2 ?  I'll port the patches and try it.

Guest moochermick

@Chil360

I've just restored a backup of slimkat 4 (31/03/2014) and the browser displays images perfectly, no white boxes. Zooming in and out is also fine.

What's changed with the browser since then?

Guest chil360

@Chil360

I've just restored a backup of slimkat 4 (31/03/2014) and the browser displays images perfectly, no white boxes. Zooming in and out is also fine.

What's changed with the browser since then?

When SlimKat moved to Android 4.4.3 there was a patch to android_external_webkit to allow it to build against updated libraries. I think this is where the problem was introduced.

Guest domenico76

Hi Guy,

Thanks for th valuable effort.

Slim Kat porting is really a step ahead with respect to any stock modding

The comparison does not hold.

The only annoying problem is that I don't have the number of the incoming call (and the picture) as soon as the phaone rings.

Yes... I have already reduced the call_ring_delay from 3k to 0, but I still observe 1-2s of delay in getting the name....and this is to me a not negiglible drawback.

Any clue on that?

Ciao,

D.