Charging Issues followed by micro USB socket detachment!

Guest Christian Edwards

Guest Christian Edwards

I've been having charging issues with the Hudl for about a month now. The micro USB socket had some play in it and so the charging cable had to be placed just so for it to charge.

After about a month the socket came completely loose and fell out (or in, I never found it but I can't hear it rattling about inside).

I ordered online but collected in store so I took it back to my local store. After being bounced around the customer service desks I was told I would have to talk to the Hudl helpline and although they dialed them for me the phones in store didn't work well enough for them to actually hear me!

I gave up a went home, thankfully once home I phoned the Hudl helpdesk myself who were very helpful, they arranged a new one to be shipped to store and told me I could drop the old one off when I go to collect it in 3 days (on Monday). They also mentioned they were aware of some soldering issues with the socket, so I thought I'd let you all know.

Its seems to me a bit of a design flaw the socket has space to move around inside the Hudl but hopefully the new one will be much better fixed in place.

Guest Christian Edwards

With the Hudl being bust (flat & unchargeable) how to I stop my play account being charged if Tesco repair or refurbish it?

Or my gmail being accessed, I didn't root it or install security apps, I wish I had now....

Guest Michealtbh

With the Hudl being bust (flat & unchargeable) how to I stop my play account being charged if Tesco repair or refurbish it?

Or my gmail being accessed, I didn't root it or install security apps, I wish I had now....

It will almost certainly be wiped and factory reset during refurbishment