[ROM][GB-B895] GBXTREME ROM - ✰29032014✰ (MULTIBASEBAND)

Guest kyan31

Guest pOcHa

gonna sell the phone, so I needed a stock based gingerbread rom (comes with a translated manual for it), and saw that this was the last updated version (there is actually B896 in my country, but I guess it's just custom vendor bloat)

I see that you based it on jsevi83's slim v7, but neither of you actually enabled init.d support, you both just added the scripts which are never run ("/data/InitdTest.log" is never created), so i fixed that (and a couple of other things) in a patch below - just flash it over B1 after Patch1 and Patch2, or directly over B2 (which already contains Patch1 and Patch2)

- proper init.d support (if you use Link2SD, you may need to manually edit the "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh" file)

- removed duplicate tweaks (left over from jsevi83)

- removed a script that optimizes the default launcher, as you all probably use much better ones (which would run worse with it)

- optimized gps: for serbia and europe, but will perform better than the original version (spain) wherever you are

- registered "/HWUserData" (internal sdcard) as a SECONDARY_STORAGE, so that apps (newer than gingerbread) can detect and offer to store media files on it

- fixed low ringtone volume

- some more tweaks

UPDATE 3a:

- init.d support no longer depends on the "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh" file (delete or edit it if you used the old version of the patch, or the scripts will run twice), so no more problems with Link2SD

UPDATE 3b:

completely removes all of kyan31's init.d scripts (they were causing invalid sim and airplane mode problems, and who knows what else they break, it's a classic script kiddie mess) as they contain clearly untested tweaks - they were never even running before my patch

- adds instead a couple of my own (tested in previous roms, and safe to use in this one as well)

UPDATE 3c:

- properly deletes problematic scripts  - if you use Link2Int, reflash it again after

DOWNLOAD: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/db3f42d61f/Patch3c.zip

Edited by pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

small update, see post above for the new link

btw, the last version of TWRP that is safe to use with this rom is v2.6.3.0 - do not use any newer (not even the v2.6.3.1)

Edited by pOcHa

Guest Ngiulett

My g300 battery is lightly inflated, i want to change battery and i founded in a store a 3600mAh battery with rear cover (28€), it isn't official battery but is compatible, Someone recommend me to buy it? There are risks?

Guest dalyer

What has that got to do with GBX?!?  :blink:

If you Google "modaco g300 replacement battery" you will find a few existing threads on this topic that might be of use.

Guest cruzy_cruz

Sorry if this is a thicko question but I want to install this rom. Do I need to install B1 then B2 or can I just go straight to B2?

Guest dalyer

Sorry if this is a thicko question but I want to install this rom. Do I need to install B1 then B2 or can I just go straight to B2?

Just install B2 - that's basically B1 with some additional patches/fixes.

Optionally install pOcHa's patch above:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368846-romgb-b895-gbxtreme-rom-%E2%9C%B029032014%E2%9C%B0-multibaseband/page-21#entry2220501

Edited by dalyer

Guest pOcHa

yes, updated my "Patch3a" post to make it clearer - but here it goes again, just in case: flash it over B1 after Patch1 and Patch2, or directly over B2 (which already contains Patch1 and Patch2)

Edited by pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

are you maybe using pin/puk locking? if so, then change this lines "ro.config.hwft_PinPukUnlockscr=false" and "ro.config.hw_lockscreen=false" to true in "/system/build.prop" file (sorry, left over from trying to disable the default gingerbread lockscreen)

if not, then try deleting all files from the "/system/etc/init.d" folder and rebooting

only problem I had was with the airplane mode - after enabling it, the phone must be rebooted to disable it properly

Edited by pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

ok, so it was after all kyan31's init.d scripts that were causing your invalid sim and my airplane mode problems - they contain clearly untested tweaks (who knows what else they break, it's a classic script kiddie mess), as they were never even running before my patch

i updated my patch to remove them all, and add instead a couple of my own (tested in previous roms, and safe to use in this one as well):

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/3fa1343d6c/Patch3b.zip

Guest predragiPredrag

Can I just copy system folder from the patch to the rom.zip before flasnihg, or should I copy also META-INF and boot.imb?

Guest kyan31

ok, so it was after all kyan31's init.d scripts that were causing your invalid sim and my airplane mode problems - they contain clearly untested tweaks (who knows what else they break, it's a classic script kiddie mess), as they were never even running before my patch

i updated my patch to remove them all, and add instead a couple of my own (tested in previous roms, and safe to use in this one as well):

I appreciate you helping out, but you don't need to diss my work man. Just go elsewhere if you're going to act like that.

Guest cruzy_cruz

ok, so it was after all kyan31's init.d scripts that were causing your invalid sim and my airplane mode problems - they contain clearly untested tweaks (who knows what else they break, it's a classic script kiddie mess), as they were never even running before my patch

No idea why your getting upitty. All i know is I install b2 and it works. Install patch 3 and it doesn't.

Guest pOcHa

I appreciate you helping out, but you don't need to diss my work man. Just go elsewhere if you're going to act like that.

I'm sorry if it came out a bit harsh - but hey, you are a kid after all, and those scripts were a real mess, so no need to take it so personally... I merely offered a constructive criticism (not just dismissively pointing out, but actually helping to fix the problem), but if you can't take it - sorry again and don't worry, I won't hijack your thread any more, I just wanted to share with others what I did for myself

No idea why your getting upitty. All i know is I install b2 and it works. Install patch 3 and it doesn't.

I overreacted, but it was a beginners mistake (something I didn't expect from kyan31) - and it's clearly explained why, so did you try it at all with the last version of my patch (3b), or are you just ungratefully trolling now (after I tried to help you even)?

Can I just copy system folder from the patch to the rom.zip before flasnihg, or should I copy also META-INF and boot.imb?

no, you can't do that - you need both the system folder and the boot.img, but if you just copy them the files will be left without proper permissions (they won't run at all), and if you even have to ask me about META-INF, then don't mess with it at all, or you're likely end up bootlooping or even softbricking - simply flash the patch right after the rom as instructed

Edited by pOcHa

Guest cruzy_cruz

Trolling? Why the unprovoked tantrum? It was a statement of fact based on version a. No I have not tried your patch b yet as the phone is fine for me as is. Maybe I will in the future.

Thanks for everyone's efforts minus the drama.

Guest TiMi79

Unfortunately your second pach didn't fix the problem with the airplane mode, at least not for me. I didn't flash anything beside your first pach. But thank you anyway.

Guest kyan31

I'm sorry if it came out a bit harsh - but hey, you are a kid after all, and those scripts were a real mess, so no need to take it so personally... I merely offered a constructive criticism (not just dismissively pointing out, but actually helping to fix the problem), but if you can't take it - sorry again and don't worry, I won't hijack your thread any more, I just wanted to share with others what I did for myself

I overreacted, but it was a beginners mistake (something I didn't expect from kyan31) - and it's clearly explained why, so did you try it at all with the last version of my patch (3b), or are you just ungratefully trolling now (after I tried to help you even)?

no, you can't do that - you need both the system folder and the boot.img, but if you just copy them the files will be left without proper permissions (they won't run at all), and if you even have to ask me about META-INF, then don't mess with it at all, or you're likely end up bootlooping or even softbricking - simply flash the patch right after the rom as instructed

You are trying to fix nothing, so your work isn't welcome here. I understand the init.d scripts may not function, but overall the rom functions completely fine and it has no performance/feature/stability issues whatsoever so I still don't understand what you are doing. Just stop.

Guest pOcHa

Unfortunately your second pach didn't fix the problem with the airplane mode, at least not for me. I didn't flash anything beside your first pach. But thank you anyway.

reposted here from PM, so it might help others:

pOcHa:

hey there, don't want to provoke anybody else at that thread - but you had the same airplane mode problem as me, right?

well mine is fixed, and just to be clear - you either flashed B1 + Patch1 + Patch2 + (my)Patch3b, or just B2 + (my)Patch3b?

and this is actually my third version of the patch - there was 3, then 3a, and now 3b... if you ever flashed the first one, you need to manually delete the "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh" file

and tell me what files you have now in "/system/etc/init.d" folder (or you can try deleting them all and rebooting to make sure it's not something else - but remember to set the permissions if you copy them back afterwards)

TiMi79:

Yes I had the same problem, and restart is needed for network to appear. I've installed this rom long ago, and it was B2, and when you made Pach3a i flashed him, and deleted "istall-recovery.sh", and when I saw that you make patch 3b I also flashed him (that was few hours ago). I only have some "install-recovery.sh.ori" in system/etc (plus bunch of others).

In system/etc/init.d folder I have: 00initdcheck, 00test, 01banner, 08setperm, 09uncapfps, 10tweaks, 11link2sd, 90userinit, S70darky_zipalign, S98system_tweak, sqlite_optimize, and all of them are "rwxrwxrwx" "owner 0:root" "group 2000:shell"

Is it safe to delete them all? But also I've flashed "Link2Int-v1.1-CWM.zip" from cyda after I've flashed yours pach3a, and I have bunch of apps in 2gb internal sd.

And also I have change the baseband from ICS to GB for overclock.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it  :)

pOcHa:

my bad, the Patch3b didn't actually delete those problematic scripts (forgot to use recursive delete), so they are still there mixed with my own - sorry, here's a proper one:

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/db3f42d61f/Patch3c.zip

another thing, I see that you deleted "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh" after flashing Link2Int (it creates a new one, or modifies the existing one and backups it as "install-recovery.sh.ori") - you need to flash it again after my Patch3c above, or it won't work any longer (and don't mess with "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh" anymore)

now all your problems will be fixed

EDIT:

not all versions of Link2Int use "install-recovery.sh", but reflash it again after my patch just the same, as it deletes another needed file ("/system/etc/init.d/90userinit"), and Link2SD needs "/system/etc/init.d/11link2sd"

Edited by pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

You are trying to fix nothing, so your work isn't welcome here. I understand the init.d scripts may not function, but overall the rom functions completely fine and it has no performance/feature/stability issues whatsoever so I still don't understand what you are doing. Just stop.

Guys, just use the ROM as is. Don't worry about all this nonsense from Pocha. The ROM works completely fine so enjoy.

yes, the rom functions completely fine and it has no performance/feature/stability issues whatsoever, just use it as is - you are perfectly right about that

but it's like that just because none of your scripts are actually running as it is missing proper init.d support - so people who want to use Link2Int for example, tweaks of their own, or anything else that depends on it CAN'T

is it clear enough now? the catch is that when your scripts are actually running, there are problems - that is what I am fixing (among other less important things)

are we cool?

Edited by pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

furthermore, just to clear up some other things - this is actually based on jsevi83's slim-v7 rom, which already had:

Built on Gingerbread B895 Stock

Deodexed, Busyboxed, rooted

Ouch Kernel v1.0

to which you added (crossed over things that do not actually work without init.d):

sqllite_optimize

zipaligned as standard

Completely overhauled UI, Minimal CyanBread
SpringSteel font

Screenshot & Reboot to Recovery in power menu

Latest Google apps built in, stripped other apps that'll be available in flashable form

Stock AOSP apps such as:

• Mms
  • Launcher
  • Browser
  • Calender
  • Calculator
  • Camera
  • Music & Video
  • Few others

Many performance fixes and enhancements such as:

• Fixed laggy loading spinners
  • Scrolling smoothness improved a lot
  • RAM use is more efficient
  • Less background battery drain
  • Better screen clarity - Bravia Engine™
  • Modified DSP Manager - newer and better audio libs
  • Adblocking hosts file - Use adaway to keep it p to date
  • Latest superuser binaries and SuperSU application
  • More technical background stuff you probably dont care about

Lots of fun stuff too such as:

• Built in overclocking tool, header to access it is in settings similar to CM.
  • CyanogenMod 11 ringtones, notification tones and alarms
  • KitKat UI tones such as camera shutter etc.
  • New easteregg, probably the best feature (bein' sarcastic here)
  • CM statistics, mainly for me. I'd just like to know how many people use my ROMs   :P

for which we all thank you, appreciate it, and respect your work - but don't get all defensive when someone points out a problem, everybody makes mistakes (and i am first one to admit it when that happens to me)

Edited by pOcHa

Guest TiMi79

reposted here from PM, so it might help others:

pOcHa:

hey there, don't want to provoke anybody else at that thread - but you had the same airplane mode problem as me, right?

well mine is fixed, and just to be clear - you either flashed B1 + Patch1 + Patch2 + (my)Patch3b, or just B2 + (my)Patch3b?

and this is actually my third version of the patch - there was 3, then 3a, and now 3b... if you ever flashed the first one, you need to manually delete the "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh" file

and tell me what files you have now in "/system/etc/init.d" folder (or you can try deleting them all and rebooting to make sure it's not something else - but remember to set the permissions if you copy them back afterwards)

TiMi79:

Yes I had the same problem, and restart is needed for network to appear. I've installed this rom long ago, and it was B2, and when you made Pach3a i flashed him, and deleted "istall-recovery.sh", and when I saw that you make patch 3b I also flashed him (that was few hours ago). I only have some "install-recovery.sh.ori" in system/etc (plus bunch of others).

In system/etc/init.d folder I have: 00initdcheck, 00test, 01banner, 08setperm, 09uncapfps, 10tweaks, 11link2sd, 90userinit, S70darky_zipalign, S98system_tweak, sqlite_optimize, and all of them are "rwxrwxrwx" "owner 0:root" "group 2000:shell"

Is it safe to delete them all? But also I've flashed "Link2Int-v1.1-CWM.zip" from cyda after I've flashed yours pach3a, and I have bunch of apps in 2gb internal sd.

And also I have change the baseband from ICS to GB for overclock.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it  :)

pOcHa:

my bad, the Patch3b didn't actually delete those problematic scripts (forgot to use recursive delete), so they are still there mixed with my own - sorry, here's a proper one:

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/db3f42d61f/Patch3c.zip

another thing, I see that you deleted "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh" after flashing Link2Int (it creates a new one, or modifies the existing one and backups it as "install-recovery.sh.ori") - you need to flash it again after my Patch3c above, or it won't work any longer (and don't mess with "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh" anymore)

now all your problems will be fixed

EDIT:

not all versions of Link2Int use "install-recovery.sh", but reflash it again after my patch just the same, as it deletes another needed file ("/system/etc/init.d/90userinit")

I can confirm this. I have deleted manually all scripts from init.d except from pach3b and 90userinit (because I was flash link2int). Actually scripts "00test" and "00initdcheck" are the same and also "01tweaks" and "10tweaks", so probably that was the problem...and maybe not?

Once again thank you kyan for this great rom, and thank you pocha for making init.d working.

AND STOP FIGHTING! :)

Edited by TiMi79

Guest pOcHa

no, those were just duplicates (they ran twice, but are otherwise harmless) left there as Patch3b didn't actually delete any files (Patch3c does), but the problematic ones were: S70darky_zipalign, S98system_tweak, sqlite_optimize

and if you are using Link2SD (not Link2Int) you may probably also need this one as well: "11link2sd"

Edited by pOcHa

Guest TiMi79

I am using this rom so I think it is ok to post my questio here :ph34r: ?
Sometimes I am using my phone as a router, and everything works great, except when someone is calling me while I'm surfing with the computer, then the data mobile is cut off and, off course, my comp is not anymore attach to the network.

I have tried numeros apps and they are working ok, but they can't prevent immediate hang-up, so the first few second my data is off. Is there any way to prevent this and block all calls with some tweaks or with some app that I don't know?

Edited by TiMi79