[ROM][GB-B895] GBXTREME ROM - ✰29032014✰ (MULTIBASEBAND)

Guest kyan31

Guest Picvajzmen

hey guys, can someone tell me about battery life on this rom? i flashed cm 7 on my girlfriends g300 and its ok but the battery is weaker than it is on stock, so i would like to flash something that is smooth but has diecent battery life.

thanks

Funny - I found CM7 to be comparable to other GB ROMs in terms of battery life.

However this was before GBXTREME which I have not been able to try.

I do find that having 3G enabled really kills the battery so I normally left 2G enabled and toggled 3G on only when necessary.

I was getting 2 days life.

With 3G on probably 1 day.

I don't know what my gf gets from it but she's not complaining anyway... :D

Guest Picvajzmen

yeah, defenetely the 3g kills battery, i got the g510 and i also keep 2g enabled and go to 3g when necessary and it makes great difference in battery life.

so you think that battery life on CM7 is probably about the same as on all GB roms including this one?

my girlfriend is complaining that battery is much worse than it was on stock and i can see that something is draining the battery when i use her phone.

Guest Salamin1

yeah, defenetely the 3g kills battery, i got the g510 and i also keep 2g enabled and go to 3g when necessary and it makes great difference in battery life.

so you think that battery life on CM7 is probably about the same as on all GB roms including this one?

my girlfriend is complaining that battery is much worse than it was on stock and i can see that something is draining the battery when i use her phone.

I usually had a good battery life with CM7, but there was one time that, after flashing it, my battery was draining really fast. For example, half the battery was drained at night when I was asleep.

I don't know why that happened, but it is probably what happens to your gf

It was for me.

After installing I did check how things were running with CPU Spy, Better Battery Stats, Wakelock Detector etc. and tweaked a few things to avoid certain apps (e.g. I found the Outlook.com mail client a battery killer) and wakelocks etc.

In any situation where you think that battery usage is excessive then these (and other) utilities are very useful for identifying battery drains etc.

Guest Picvajzmen

i checked her phone with wakelock detector and i couldnt find nothing..

i guess il just flash this rom on her phone and see about the battery. il tell you what i think.

thanks guys :)

In my experience you may need to use a number of analysis tools/apps to identify battery drains, excessive wakelocks etc.

And you may need to allow them time to discover what's running etc.

I also used RootAppDelete to freeze/remove unnecessary system or user apps but there are lots of tools that do a similar job. 

Unfortunately Greenify will not work on GB but there are other tools that do similar jobs.

And of course don't forget obvious battery drains such as 3G, screen brightness etc.

Guest Picvajzmen

i guess i will check it again with better battery stats and that cpu spy, but i think i will flash her this rom anyway just to check it.

thanks again :)

Guest NeburG300

Well after all Kyan made try another Rom  :huh: wasn't expecting this one LOL

Couldn't resist... after I try it I'll give the feedback.

Thanks Kyan by your hard work  :D

Well after all Kyan made try another Rom :huh: wasn't expecting this one LOL

Couldn't resist... after I try it I'll give the feedback.

Thanks Kyan by your hard work :D

Your welcome

Guest core1024

I found two minor bugs :)

The first one is in the Calendar app. You can clearly see the strange number 79 on top of the app.

The second one I found is while trying to capture this screenshot. As you can see the colors on the notification bar are wrong. There's also very random timing between the press of the screenshot button and the capture. Most of the time the menu itself get captured, rather than the current screen.

I found two minor bugs :)

The first one is in the Calendar app. You can clearly see the strange number 79 on top of the app.

The second one I found is while trying to capture this screenshot. As you can see the colors on the notification bar are wrong. There's also very random timing between the press of the screenshot button and the capture. Most of the time the menu itself get captured, rather than the current screen.

I am aware of both. The calender one is very weird yes, I have no idea why that is happening. It's the battery level btw. I am also aware of the screenshot issue, but I probably can't fix that either. The screenshot is a port from CM so doesn't work properly 100%.

Guest dinamo1975

Glad you like it

It is possible to improve quality of graphics in this ROM? Something like "display driver" (Adreno?)... see the picture for my problem!

post-995199-0-25090500-1393796136_thumb.

Edited by dinamo1975

Guest kyan31

It is possible to improve quality of graphics in this ROM? Something like "display driver" (Adreno?)... see the picture for my problem!

Not sure if that can be improved, it could just be the app as I hardly see these old bitmap images anywhere.