Battery max input

Guest graurul94

Guest graurul94

Hello everyone.

I have one question. Which is the maximum amperage that the S500 could drain? I know every phone has a circuit and a battery limitation. For example Samsung S2 had a 650mAh limitation due to some safety issues.

Soo the OEM AC charger outputs 1A at 5V.

I have a battery charger that outputs 2.1A at 5V and it charges my phone a little faster.

If I would have a 3A charger, the phone will drain all the 3Amps?

We suppose that the phone is running on AC charging mode, to avoid USB 500mAh limitation.

Any of the Google Play apps that shows battery input amperage doesn't seems to work on the Acer CM.

Guest execpwd

I also have a 2A 5V AC charger , but I have never ever used that to charge my phone. There's a reason they did put only a 1A charger in the package. I will never try to charge my phone ( I am talking about full cycles of charge ) with a more than 1A charger ( talking about S500 )... My nexus 4 has 1.2A and my Nexus 7 has 2A ...

Guest graurul94

I would charge my device at 2A anytime if  I'm in a hurry and  need a fast recharge of my device. I don't care so much about the battery life. I don't keep a phone long enough to feel the shortened life of the battery.

An electronic device determines the power it takes, not the charger. It is possible that the power is limited by the chargers limitation..

The only thing that's important is the voltage.

Guest graurul94

An electronic device determines the power it takes, not the charger. It is possible that the power is limited by the chargers limitation..

Soo,my question is: what is the maximum power that the S500 could determine it wants to drain out of the charger with (hypothetical speaking ) unlimited amperage at 5V ?  

don't know, you could test that with a powermeter. mine is in use atm, should wait for about ten days.

but maybe my S500 is sold within 10 days, don't know yet ...

+1. You could use a 10A charger for that matter. The device takes what it needs.