*THE CLEAREST, SIMPLEST* (up to date) rooting tutorial I've found so far (works on 4.4.2)

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

So so many confusing, poorly written & rushed "tutorials" online, many of which incorporate a HUGE level of assumption; always a recipe for sheer frustration, seem to be "the norm". I don't know why, but 80% of hackers and geeks seem to be incapable of putting instructions across clearly and without assumption of the reader's knowledge level. It just seems that most geeks are good at the technical side, but poor (or maybe are unable to imagine their guides from a newcomer's standpoint) at translating unambiguously and into layman's terms.

Anyway, that's my rantette out of the way, so here's a REALLY clear (and UP TO DATE; 4.4.2) tutorial which is clear, thorough AND WHICH WORKS (Modaco's own one doesn't work and hasn't been updated for ages, and is not explained thoroughly for the newcomer):

http://www.swedroid.se/forum/showthread.php?t=106595

It's in Swedish, so may I kindly suggest using Google Chrome browser to translate it for you :)

All the best, Matt.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest markhuges

So so many confusing, poorly written & rushed "tutorials" online, many of which incorporate a HUGE level of assumption; always a recipe for sheer frustration, seem to be "the norm". I don't know why, but 80% of hackers and geeks seem to be incapable of putting instructions across clearly and without assumption of the reader's knowledge level. It just seems that most geeks are good at the technical side, but poor (or maybe are unable to imagine their guides from a newcomer's standpoint) at translating unambiguously and into layman's terms.

Anyway, that's my rantette out of the way, so here's a REALLY clear (and UP TO DATE; 4.4.2) tutorial which is clear, thorough AND WHICH WORKS (Modaco's own one doesn't work and hasn't been updated for ages, and is not explained thoroughly for the newcomer):

http://www.swedroid.se/forum/showthread.php?t=106595

It's in Swedish, so may I kindly suggest using Google Chrome browser to translate it for you :)

All the best, Matt.

Hi! Remember me :P  :) Thanks for your time and finding that! Very helpfull for new comers like myself !  

Guest glossywhite

Hi! Remember me :P   :) Thanks for your time and finding that! Very helpfull for new comers like myself !  

Hello Mark :) - yes, I remember your username very well; you are most welcome indeed, thank you for the thanks :)

• 1 month later...
Guest codroid

Thank you, this was nice and easy. Within 30min of owning my moto G, I was running cm11. Very happy with my new budget droid, surely moto g has took the budget tittle.

Guest Maximus9

I have a Dual SIM 16GB xt1033, do you think the tutorial will work?

Oh, and does it matter I switched to ART before unlocking/rooting?

Guest Maximus9

I followed the tutorial on my Dual SIM XT1033, and it worked. Thank you, glossywhite!

I do feel the tutorial could be improved, especially the part about rooting, the steps are a bit off. Maybe we should post it here and work on it.