A nice rom for Our g300

Guest laurisss

Guest dalyer

This thread is dumb.

I agree.

It's as bad as those "what's the best ROM" threads in spite of claiming not to be in the first post!

Edited by dalyer

Guest MetalDroid

Prefer kitkat, specifically CM11.

Why? managing RAM is good (in GB and ICS always had trouble), I can control the privacy of my applications, the performance of the camera is perfect, etc..

Why use a theme of kitkat if I can use the kitkat own? I use the PS3 for gaming, and mobile use it for other things.

Guest laurisss

Ok I am different and I like to play games, and MetalDroid GB AND ICS has trouble with ram management ? Don't make me laugh, and WHAT!? KITKAT OR JB has better Ram management ? If you have 150 ram free with apps installed like youtube, gmail, Skype, facebook, and when you have 250 ram free with gb with way more apps installed and you call that better ram management ? It's just me or it isn't like that? Or you mean when it need ram it frees up some ? And gb doesn't do that good? Please explain me what is "better ram management" . Thank you. And this isn't "whats the best rom thread"...Isn't there people that like to play some games on modaco ? Thinking of trying kitkat or jb,  I see that you like these roms , so wich jb or kk rom has good ram ? And is not laggy.

Guest laurisss

Hey guys, can I flash kitkat  over gb? Last time I flashed it (don't remember over what) It worked good but when I rebooted it gave me blue screen , and I had to reinstall everything with dload folder.

And my baseband is the other , not 2030 do I have to change  it?

Edited by laurisss

Guest Razor3000

ROM management in ics and newer is completely different from oldest versions. 4+ only frees RAM when needed, when the apps are kept in RAM they have faster startups

Guest joandrade

If you want GB ROM's (either because of gaming our nostalgic reasons), you're going to have to use cooked ones. No-one is going to go through the trouble of getting everything to work on a android version that's more than 3 years old, with no real perspective of usefulness (aside from learning). Also, getting the msm7x27a to run on GB is a huge pain (building it, that is).

That being said, I don't game on my phone so I'm using KitKat. I agree that it's not the fastest or the most stable, but I like using the latest and greatest so that's what I'm using right now. If you want something with more stability but also innovation, go for CM10.2, which has the new kernel (all this is moot if you have a hynix chip), and a bit lighter. If you want stability over anything else, go for stock-based ROM's or CM9.

Someone should really try to build a 3.4 kernel with OC just for the G300 (I might try it when I find the time), but if you want a smooth experience you should either stay on stock, or buy a faster phone.

Guest laurisss

What is msm? Installed cm 11 now and going through settings, gplay , I get lag, Just TERRIBLE, i cant even use it for normal day use (browsing,sms,etc) Without lag,is this just for me or what ? no pufking smoothnes.

Guest kyan31

What is msm? Installed cm 11 now and going through settings, gplay , I get lag, Just TERRIBLE, i cant even use it for normal day use (browsing,sms,etc) Without lag,is this just for me or what ? no pufking smoothnes.

Can you please just stop, seriously. I mean I agree with you that GB is the better option for the G300 'overall' but you're just going over the line. You don't need to make a whole new thread and go ape s*** over this matter, why can't you just use GB yourself and be happy. Some people like kitkat, that's why they use it. Some people play games, some don't, so RAM management isn't a concern for everyone. Some people just like the newer UI and there is nothing wrong with that.

I don't even understand what you are trying to achieve with this thread, what's your purpose? :mellow:

Guest joandrade

The msm7x27a is the SoC that the G300 contains. It's its processor, GPU, all that.

Guest laurisss

Kyan not asking you anything it's not like you see this thread everywere, good for you to have an s4, and why the hell you look to the g300 development if you can mod your s4 and get extreme performance with it, just don't look at this thread anymore, Thank you if you will do that.

Guest kyan31

Kyan not asking you anything it's not like you see this thread everywere, good for you to have an s4, and why the hell you look to the g300 development if you can mod your s4 and get extreme performance with it, just don't look at this thread anymore, Thank you if you will do that.

I choose to stay here as I have both the S4 and G300, I use both. This thread is stupid, has no purpose, and won't really change anyone's opinion on GB etc. It's just you preaching your opinion which is pointless.

Guest laurisss

Left gb behind, going to change my own opinion and make kitkat faster. Thanks for all the replys .

Edited by laurisss