G300 CM9 constantly freezing, unusable except when charging?

Guest CrystalLettuce

Guest CrystalLettuce

Basically I've been having all sorts of problems with my G300. I was having similar issues with the Stock ROM, then the Lightning ROM(or whatever the newer version of that is) so I tried CM9 which seemed to work for the most part. Except now it's also freezing up - except when USB is connected. Then it works perfectly smooth and fine. 

What could be causing this? It can freeze for minutes on end. I am thinking that maybe it could be some bizarre battery issue, I might try it with another battery.

Guest CrystalLettuce

Tried the Matrix ROM as heard it might help with speed issues. Same problem. Constant siezing up, phone effectively useless. 

I suspect this could be a bootloader issue.

Guest dalyer

The hacked/unofficially unlocked ICS bootloader can cause 3G reboots and maybe some signal loss (?).

But I've never heard of it causing this sort of freezing.

If it happens consistently on all ROMs then it sounds like a hardware problem.

If it works OK while on USB but not on battery then it may be a power/battery problem as you originally suspected.

Difficult to tell for sure. Unless another battery rectifies the problem.

Is it under warranty?

Guest CrystalLettuce

I tried the Matrix ROM - it worked very well for a hours, then it started locking up again.

Back on stock ROM, which seems to have found itself to being stable atm. I'm just hoping to get the phone in serviceable condition to last me until my birthday next month.

Guest dalyer

Just to clarify - with any ROM so far...

(1) It freezes/acts up when on (well charged?) battery only 

(2) It works fine while USB connected (with or without battery installed?)

In that case it certainly suggests the possibility of something odd with the battery.

At the very least I'd take the battery out, clean the contact gently and make sure that the phone battery contacts are not damaged.

If it still acts up then I might try another battery. Can you borrow one anywhere?

If it still acts up with a new battery then it may be a hardware issue with the phone itself?

As usual - process of elimination...

Guest kyan31

if my rom didnt work it's a hardware problem

Your rom is based on Dazzozos work, it has all the same issues as the base so it probably isn't.

• 3 weeks later...