Which rom would you recommend?

Guest Franconian

Guest laciegy

Which rom is the most stable / fastest for our Blade 3 device?

Cm 11 the best rom for this phone and the cm10.1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alboo89

For me it's the CM 11 too. After a few months of changes, I can say that CM11 is the most stable, complete, lag free for blade 3. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest RexReiter

I bought a Blade III few weeks ago, with CM 10.1 (10.1-20130720-KonstaKANG-atlas40), sometimes freezes eg. if I switch on/off wifi in the notification area...anyway great ROM, thanks a lot KonstaT! :)

What do you think, CM 11 it would be better?

Edited by RexReiter

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I bought a Blade III few weeks ago, with CM 10.1 (10.1-20130720-KonstaKANG-atlas40), sometimes freezes eg. if I switch on/off wifi in the notification area...anyway great ROM, thanks a lot KonstaT! :)

What do you think, CM 11 it would be better?

CM 10.1 was quite stable, and the version you have was good, but 10.2 (and 10.3) had more features. On the other hand, there are a lot of bug fixes since CM10, and so that would be best dealt with by installing CM11, which seems to be the fastest of the lot, and the most up to date in terms of bugfixes (10.1 still has Heartbleed (exploit) vulnerabilities IIRC). However, a few select apps might not work on CM11, so test the apps out that you'd like to use with it, and hopefully they work...

Guest RexReiter

Thanks for the answer, I read this that some apps isn't work, problematic on CM11....but most up to date it's true, so I'll try and then testing a few weeks.  If there are more problems with it, restore 10.1 I know Backup always!

Sorry my english, Google Translate "my friend" :)

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Thanks for the answer, I read this that some apps isn't work, problematic on CM11....but most up to date it's true, so I'll try and then testing a few weeks.  If there are more problems with it, restore 10.1 I know Backup always!

Sorry my english, Google Translate "my friend" :)

It's true. Some apps do behave funny (if at all, sometimes) on CM11. The ROM backups can also behave strange sometimes, but I couldn't be sure why (I think I had a bad SDCard backing it up). But the problem with some apps have usually been with VoIP (voice over IP) apps like Viber. Normally you'd go to the developer of the app itself first, but sometimes it's to do with our hardware, which is quite aged now. But if you don't use those apps, then that shouldn't be a problem.

Have fun with the testing - and don't worry about Google translate. There are a lot of hard to read messages from there, I know - but yours isn't one of them.

Guest RexReiter

One more question, batery life better or same on CM11? Now 1.5-2 days, normal use a few hours wifi, minimal gps, some music, without games

Guest MJonMoDaCo

One more question, batery life better or same on CM11? Now 1.5-2 days, normal use a few hours wifi, minimal gps, some music, without games

Compared to 10.2 or 10.3 it's probably better, but pass on 10.1, as I haven't used it for a long time. All I can say is there hasn't been any major battery issues arising out of CM11 that I'm aware of. Like usual, the most likely killer of your battery is the use of Camera (especially the camcorder), and extended use of WiFi or to a lesser extent, Bluetooth. Using it as a server (like FTP or Internet Hotspot) punishes it the most. Using the phone in this manner may make it deplete rapidly to maybe 2 or 3 hours, but yes, using it in the manner you describe should be okay for 1.5 - 2 days.

Guest RexReiter

Compared to 10.2 or 10.3 it's probably better, but pass on 10.1, as I haven't used it for a long time. All I can say is there hasn't been any major battery issues arising out of CM11 that I'm aware of. Like usual, the most likely killer of your battery is the use of Camera (especially the camcorder), and extended use of WiFi or to a lesser extent, Bluetooth. Using it as a server (like FTP or Internet Hotspot) punishes it the most. Using the phone in this manner may make it deplete rapidly to maybe 2 or 3 hours, but yes, using it in the manner you describe should be okay for 1.5 - 2 days.

At the weekend I will install,I think it's worth a try!

Now after a test week recommend CM11 me too :) Stable, fast, very good battery life so great ROM!Trebuchet isn' my favorite, but Apex launcher solved this "problem" :D

Edited by RexReiter

• 5 weeks later...