[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest juanpablocastillo

And Brazil? I think that the lose of Neymar affected very much to the poor team. I don't mean that the team depends on Neymar, but their loss in the World Cup should have affected much. (In a moral way)

Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest andrea2107

And Brazil? I think that the lose of Neymar affected very much to the poor team. I don't mean that the team depends on Neymar, but their loss in the World Cup should have affected much. (In a moral way)

Brasil-netherland do you watched their face? XD

Guest fonz93

I have freezes while waking up the phone, it wakes up but after that it freezes, i use kgsl + lcd patches and gpu oc (but i didn't oc)

Edited by fonz93

Guest gregySK

I have freezes while waking up the phone, it wakes up but after that it freezes, i use kgsl + lcd patches and gpu oc (but i didn't oc)

+1

Guest Domino2115

its just happend to me, kgsl-lcd patches and gpu oc.

Guest ZolaIII

Funny thing is after two fallouts first day one kernel panic & one freeze on wake up it worked normally second day. The kgls & LCD version that is.

It's 95% LCD power management related...

By the way Adreno drives have more holes than Swiss cheese! :D

For those interested in experimenting their is a another tunable & setting it to "0" should help with memory hungry and big apps. It's "overcommit_memory".

Command is: echo 0 > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory

It can be used with terminal as a script or with sysctl editor.

It whose set to 1 by default in our ROMs that's equal to no overcommit.

Explanation:

0 — The default setting. The kernel performs heuristic memory overcommit handling by estimating the amount of memory available and failing requests that are blatantly invalid. Unfortunately, since memory is allocated using a heuristic rather than a precise algorithm, this setting can sometimes allow available memory on the system to be overloaded.

1 — The kernel performs no memory overcommit handling. Under this setting, the potential for memory overload is increased, but so is performance for memory-intensive tasks.

Warning: don't even try to set it to two "2" as something Google added as Android specific is not compatible with more strict memory overcoming & will case freezing of OS!!!

The value of "0" for this tunable will be included as a default in future builds (as it is a default value in Linux).

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest fonz93

I flashed the OC Version with KGSL and LCD Patches. I see only the Huawei splash screen.

If you are talking about the CM11 version, is normal, it shouldn't work due to KGSL patches, because someone said that with Carbon 4.4.4 the KGSL update was working i updated this version too, but for CM11 you should use the LCD patches version without KGSL

Edited by fonz93

Guest spanitzer

If you are talking about the CM11 version, is normal, it shouldn't work due to KGSL patches, because someone said that with Carbon 4.4.4 the KGSL update was working i updated this version too, but for CM11 you should use the LCD patches version without KGSL

No i use B198 Stock Rom.

I make a factory reset withTWRP but no changes.

Guest fonz93

Flashed the LCD Patch and GPU OC Version in Carbon Rom and it works!

If it works on Carbon, i don't know why it didn't work on stock B198

One question: how does the version with KGSL/LCD patches work like while it's not freezing? Any noticeable improvements? If there's no difference compared to the default version it might not be worth to attempt updating those drivers at all.