[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest H3ROS

I've extracted it and taken a look. I may update my ROM to it soon, but I'll first test some things since there's some interesting changes.

Some new build.prop settings:

ro.enable.smart_trim=true
ro.st.upperlimit=140
ro.config.NW_rescan_after_rej=true
ro.config.AC_optimize_plmn_srch=true
ro.product.rtspplayparse=true

I've compared B199 to B209. The main changes are in:

• /system/app (single APK's are updated)
  • /system/bin (some binaries got updated)
  • /system/framework (completely recompiled)
  • /system/lib (some lib files are updated ... some lib files are new)

Guest H3ROS

The good news for me is that I should just be able to repatch the B209 framework and I won't have to touch any of the apps since the core apps are the same as B200.

The framework will all say that it's different, but if you extract the jar's and compare the classes.dex then you'll see that most of them are the same.

Gute und nützliche Änderungen oder auch nur Müll?

On Android-Hilfe.de it got reported that the RAM utilization seems to be improved and there might also be less micro-stutters. It's not possible to say whether these "improvements" result from the changed ROM code or the updated stock kernel.

Guest fonz93

Ramdisk seems to be pretty the same, they've only modified the init.rc from B199 to B209 and removed those lines:

# DTS2012050704209 yangqinghua&&zhudengkui 20120507 begin 
service hwdevctl /system/bin/hwdevctlservice
    class main
    user system
    group graphics
# DTS2012050704209 yangqinghua&&zhudengkui 20120507 end

There aren't other changes (in the ramdisk)
Edited by fonz93

Updated kernel build 15/07: http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/84321162/file.html

• restored default value of "overcommit_memory" to '1'
  • disbabled GPU OC (no noticeable performance gains due of it)
  • imported changes to ramdisk of B209 (disabled service 'hwdevctlservice')

If you prefer to keep the 320 MHz GPU clock, use this build instead: http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/62444042/file.html

Edited by Guest

Guest Romagnolo1973

works with new AOSP B209

Can you readd minimum cpu voltage?

My music app works great at 96mhz and 245mhz min is a waste of energy when I only use my Y300 hearing music

Thanks

I highly doubt that there's much difference in terms of energy consumption, since both 98 MHz and 245 MHz are operating on the same PLL.

After fixing the acputable bug this kernel doesn't offer 98 MHz anyway any longer. It was never supposed to be availble for the MSM8225 CPU.

The next lower available frequency is around something like 120 MHz.

Guest ZolaIII

Actually fixed 245MHz frequency is saving some energy simply by preventing frequency jumps on small CPU loads. I don't know what are you using for music playback bat for me 96MHz whose not enough for anything, even on 196 sometimes idle OS noise did rise CPU clock... Generally almost anything else spends more power than A5 cortexes on our SoC.

Guest Romagnolo1973

ahh ok, understood

If ZolaIII want try I use Gonemad music player (is trial 7 days on playstore) with is own eq, I have uninstalled Viper4Android because it drain battery and for me is not so great. Gonemad works perfectly on Y300

Guest ZolaIII

If you want you can try "Noozy":

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dogsbark.noozy

It comes with Eizos noozxoide sound engine & it's free.

As a player it's noting special, EIZOs sound engine is nice bat not even close to Viper still it uses a lot less CPU cycles. With out effects Nozzy sounds nice as Poweramp & paired with Viper it's almost perfect at least for this grade of devices (hobby equipment not a audiophile grade).

Hopefully VLC will get full DSP support soon & it's own Linux audio driver so that we can switch to it & have real lo power audio with good sound quality.

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest Romagnolo1973

yes I have used Noozy but for me is not so great. Gonemad has a great 10 band eq that make the difference and sound a little better than poweramp. I use only EQ and not all other thing as bassboost, crystalyze .. made only for user that like bass and not the music.

For me is the best music app even if is not free, I have tried almost all music app on the market.

Also I hope VLC for android can give us a good music and video app for free soon.

Returning in topic I'm trying this new kernel seen how sound is performing with new audio driver, seems everything working great.

Guest ZolaIII

Even in viper I edited 10 band's EQ by hand in (config file) like I used it on PC for long time.

<string name="viper4android.headphonefx.fireq.custom">0.7;-0.1;0.1;0.5;0.9;0.9;0.5;0.1;-0.1;0.7;</string>

Guest lolletto

Is it a good idea use "ondemand governor" when screen is on and "powersave governor" when screen is off in order to increase the battery longevity?