[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest porozex

on latest stable (19-08) i set in build.prop the strings to enable frandom and ksm. ive chek on performance control and ksm dosent get started i dont know about frandom :(

Check the state of KSM manually under: /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/run -> it should be "1".

If not check if '/data/property/persist.synopsis.ksm' exists and if it's set to "1" as well.

Guest luca020400

Why do you put -p0 option on swapon command in zram script ??

The -p$ option is available only in the busybox paid version applets ..

I uploaded a zram script that is fully working http://luca020400.altervista.org/addon/Zram-enabler.zip

Up

I also updated the script and now work correctly ( in mine rom yours version doesn't work this yes )

Guest porozex

Check the state of KSM manually under: /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/run -> it should be "1".

If not check if '/data/property/persist.synopsis.ksm' exists and if it's set to "1" as well.

On the first directory is set to 0, and in the second one is not present

Guest luca020400

On the first directory is set to 0, and in the second one is not present

If think that the problem is /data/preperty/ for example if I set persist.ksm=1 in build.prop the corresponding file in /data/property/ is null or not present

Guest luca020400

You have to enable root in the file manager

In mine carbonrom 4.2.2 the videocall on Skype work fine but with yours kernel not

Why ??

Probably is a.commit that broke it

Guest rederik75

You have to enable root in the file manager

Ooops... I was so sure to have it already enabled...

Anyway, now I can look into /data, but it's impossible to open persist items... it gives an error while trying to read the text file... anyone, not only synopsis ones...

wich is better to set zram.. trickstermod or performance control??

EDIT: im in essential v4 b209

i flashed 100mb swap but in disc info theres no swap....

Edited by squal

Guest rederik75

The first reports 0, while the second has 1... enabling ksm through Performance Control changes the file in /sys/kernel/.../run from 0 to 1

Guest juanpablocastillo

Sorry for disturb to this hours of the night:

modding: Ultra Kernel SamePage Merging can work fine in our devices? The most part of the devs has removed this excelent feature from the kernels, because has causing random problems.

You are a master so if anyone can make it work properly are you and Zolalll.

Good luck and greetings.

I didn't notice any problems with it myself so far. The code of UKSM is a bit deprecated. I also had to fix some stuff before it did work prpperly.

Going to do some more research.

Guest barnir

Today i had an issue after a call, my touchscreen was not working, had to remove the battery so i could restart the phone, it was recharging using usb port 

Version: Latest Nightly

Edited by barnir

Guest krux3r

Hi guys. I want to report one issue, idk if it already said but ok.

So I was watching video on Youtube then my screen started flickering, but when i touched it it was gone. Not a big deal but I suppose you wanna know that

Guest thetonyxx

Guys, can someone tell me which governor and I/O scheduler combinations are best for performance or battery life?

governator ondemand, I/O cfq or deadline

Guest Romagnolo1973

is for day usage, is the best set for balance use with good performance and good battery life

if you want performance there is a so called Performance cpu governor and SIO as I\O but in this case the cpu stay at max voltage everytime, is only for benchmark or heavy games use

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest krux3r

is for day usage, is the best set for balance use with good performance and good battery life

if you want performance there is a so called Performance cpu governor and SIO as I\O but in this case the cpu stay at max voltage everytime, is only for benchmark or heavy games use

Thanks bro, it is running nice as for now.