[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guys what do you think about Sony Xperia E3? http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_e3-6634.php

almost same specs like Moto G 2nd gen. and can someone give me the link for development of this phone, because I can't find it. Thanks.

Sony Xperia E4g seems to be much better. 64 bit MT6732 is better than Snapdragon 400, 8 GB storage, 4.7" qHD, 4G, NFC, BT 4.1. 129€!

Guest andrea2107

Sony Xperia E4g seems to be much better. 64 bit MT6732 is better than Snapdragon 400, 8 GB storage, 4.7" qHD, 4G, NFC, BT 4.1. 129€!

For some users MTK = bad....btw crappy screen...my thl t6 pro doesn't have 4G and NFC(btw i don't need them)..but for 95€ i have a 28k on antutu with HD screen

Maybe MT6732 is actually better than MT6592...but that so much power isn't needed...we need power efficient and good looking device

Edited by andrea2107

For some users MTK = bad....btw crappy screen...my thl t6 pro doesn't have 4G and NFC(btw i don't need them)..but for 95€ i have a 28k on antutu with HD screen

You're right, but the latest MTKs are good SoC... The screen isn't very good but it's better than Xperia E3's screen. Last but not least, Sony is a well-known OEM instead of THL. Amazon.de sells Xperia E4g at 119€ (preorder).

Guest juanpablocastillo

Maybe MT6732 is actually better than MT6592...but that so much power isn't needed...we need power efficient and good looking device

For me MTK devices aren't bad, but the lack of source code is a very great problem for me. But the new MTK Lenovo A7000 looks very good for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this project closed? Will we have any update for this kernel?

Yep, moddingg moved to a Moto G 2014.

Yup, that's true. I'm done with the Y300 and might soon start to work on the MotoG 2014 rolleyes.gif

For me MTK devices aren't bad, but the lack of source code is a very great problem for me. But the new MTK Lenovo A7000 looks very good for me.

MTK chip based phones are still a No-Go for me. In the recent past there were a lot of issues with GPS & Bluetooth components and they also didn't use to roll out any updates, so it wasn't possible to upgrade MTK based SoCs to Android 5.x for quite some time. Nowadays they release updates for their chips much quicker and it's possible to run Lollipop on those devices. Nevertheless they still got a lot of work to do to catch up with Qualcomm. Just my 2 cents.

Enjoy your phone with eternal community support.

Thank you smile.png

Guest luca020400

Enjoy your phone with eternal community support.

MTK chip based phones are still a No-Go for me. In the recent past there were a lot of issues with GPS & Bluetooth components and they also didn't use to roll out any updates, so it wasn't possible to upgrade MTK based SoCs to Android 5.x for quite some time. Nowadays they release updates for their chips much quicker and it's possible to run Lollipop on those devices. Nevertheless they still got a lot of work to do to catch up with Qualcomm. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you smile.png

With official cm12 builds :3 ( not really it start today xd )

Guest juanpablocastillo

Thank you smile.png

You welcome.

• 1 year later...
Guest jigoita

Hi, are there any news about bluetooth headset supported custom kernels for Huawei Ascend Y-300?

The Synopsis Kernel is really great, but I have a Jabra Stealth headset that I use almost every day and I cannot use it with synopsis kernel. When I switch to stock kernel, Jabra Stealth headset is working again. But Stock Kernel is very disappointing since you cannot even use swap, which I think is really important for this telephone. When I used Swap with Synopsis kernel, I could for example open a browser, then switch to a couple more of apps, everything was running smooth and nothing was being closed. My smartphone is already very optimised, I have greenify almost on every thing, etc, etc.

I already wrote a Contact Request to Huawei asking for the real kernel source code with bluetooth headset support. If I get some news, I will post them here.

I tried already with synopsis kernel, cexstel kernel and ultra kernel, all for stock. No luck :( The only kernel till now which is capable of bluetooth headset for me is unfortunately the stock kernel.