[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest fonz93

It has an g510 (1209 mhz frequency), it is more or less as 7500 on our Y300.. not so much

When your scores dropped from 1000 to 700 ... did you use during those runs? If not try to "enable" it and see if something changes.

The only thing disabled was frandom in today's build, the rest was the same (overcommit, min_free etc..)

Edited by fonz93

moddingg, You can compress the kernel with LZ4 and enable unaligned memory access for faster boot?

I've found the issue why the kernel refused to boot being compressed with LZ4: we had no support for unaligned access in the decompressor module --> ARM: 7583/1: decompressor: Enable unaligned memory access for v6 and …

Here is an TEST-BUILD with an LZ4 compressed kernel (both: zImage + ramdisk): http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/80789091/file.html

Changes:

• switched from GCC's -O2 to -Os (optimized for size)
  • temporary removed all custom GCC flags (to further shrink kernel's size)
  • patched ARM's dma.c kernel module (seems to increase random read/write a little)
  • add/removed some kernel commits

But as previously said and like expected: the boot-time didn't really decrease noticeable, because our memory bandwidth is too low.

Edited by Guest

Guest Vule991

Zram + KSM is far more efficient, swap decreases performance and creates lag. Your kernel and CM 10.1 is the best match so far. I hope that soon a new test version.

Thanks

Ole, great! Hehehe  :ph34r:

Edited by Vule991

Guest Domino2115

With lastest version my phone fly, with enabled zram multitasking improved a lot, phone runs smoothly, no problems so far, it just laggs abit when you pull down notificatons you know, thanks

Edited by Domino2115

You know that it's only supposed to be a test build so far? I've only uploaded it for anyone who wants to test the booting of an LZ4 compressed kernel image.

Yet another TEST-BUILD: http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/10826854/file.html ( Update -> http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/41036313/file.html )

• switched to linux's  OnDemand  (imported from kernel 3.7)
  • applied some frequency calculation commits for  OnDemand  taken from higher kernel levels (including the brand new changes from 3.17 -> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTc0NzA)
  • tryed to further restore performance by cleaning up some commits

OnDemand is from now on supposed to be more battery friendly. It also scales better through all available frequency ranges. Following commits have been applied:

Unless I'm fully satisfied with the build it will stay an "test-build" only, sry rolleyes.gif

I'd still appreciate about feedback meanwhile.

Edited by Guest

Due of the changed frequency algorithm it might be possible that benchmark scores dropped a little, because OnDemand doesn't fire @ full power all the time anymore. If it helps to extend battery life and if everything else is still working fluid and without any issues this shouldn't be a big deal imho.

For pure benchmarking you might wanna consider using another governor like Interactive.

Edited by Guest

Guest Romagnolo1973

Testing, but at the moment I can only confirm is booting and working, because I'm charging the phone. 

Tomorrow I can give a better feedback

Thanks

Guest Romagnolo1973

Ok, test report after somo hour of heavy use:

Boot is faster and is not a placebo effect, well is not flash gordon, but for our poor hardware now it boot noticeable faster

My set is OnDemand and Sio and for me your ondemand revisited is really perfect, seems battery friend and everithing working with no lag

I have set 122 mhz as minimal and mp3 works perfectly, i can even play with other backgroud apps and the suond is perfect, no glitch or others problems ( i use gonemad player but i think is the same with others players)

61mhz is not used in any app i have tested today 

For me is perfect, awesome kernel !!!

Just a curiosity: now if my Y300 if is power off, it wakeup 1 minute before alarm will ring, as was in original huawei rom.

I'm not used to stay with device off but i'm sure with old fusionx+cexstel kernel this was not happening, my device still stay power off

I don't know if is a kernel feature you add or is a AOSP rom addiction.

Thanks for all your great work

Imho you can pass this version from beta to stable download because is really a great kernel for our device

Edited by Romagnolo1973

This wakeup feature needs kernel (and ROM) support. I think Cexstel's kernel might support is as well, but I'd have to look it up to be sure.

The latest build is using GZIP kernel compression again :D :P

Thx for your detailed report.

The new refined OnDemand is not perfect, yet.

Maybe I will implement a modified CodeAurora-Version as well in the next build for comparison.

Guest Romagnolo1973

To tell the true I power off my device 1 time a week so could be a placebo effect :-) but compared with 17/07 kernel seems really better in boot, or could be avax instead of nova as default laucher, that the only modification I made (and i suggest to made because reduce ram usage).

Another curiosity compared to cexstel, using performance control there is a fast battery charger option that you r sinopsys don't have.

I don't know what is exactly and i never activate it because I think is another placebo feature or can damage the battery, what it is if you know?

Thanks

Guest thetonyxx

Test it again with some other governor like: Interactive

now is 600/510

but whit kernel of AOSP old version (juny 2014) is 610/600 and total score is around 7900 points, now 7500

Guest Domino2115

now is 600/510

but whit kernel of AOSP old version (juny 2014) is 610/600 and total score is around 7900 points, now 7500

Its not everything about antutu score

The truth is: if you compile the provided source code by Huawei without touching anything, the kernel will most likely always score worse on benchmarks than any stock kernel. That's an observation I made long time ago.

Stock kernels from Huawei are compiled with some different source code, which is being kept company internal an never got released to public.

Guest Vule991

Its not everything about antutu score

Antutu score is lowered to the latest versions aplication on our devices about 400-500.

Especially in the sections: multitask, runtime, 2D and 3D.

Kernel is perfect.

Edited by Vule991