[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest thetonyxx

Probably are all in holiday here in Italian Riviera, sun beach and disco :-)

lol, i no

i used third last release, works good, no lag and good battery, min freq 122mhz and i use zram

Guest darktall

@moddingg33k  I found an issue with viber i am testing your experimental test kernel build i am not able to connect  to viber network. 

presently i am on  AOSP MOD by H3ROS can you please check this i have to check the rest of the things like gaming stuff streaming etc once i done i will post the results. 

Uff ... I will take a look. But since I don't Viber myself it's going to be a little bit harder. WhatsApp and stuff is working.

Which kernel(s) did you use before? And could you try to switch back to another kernel after finishing testing and let me know if the issue is gone by it?

Anyone else using Viber and can confirm the same issues with the latest build?

Edited by Guest

Guest ehsan_zt

I am using Viber on AOSP MOD with your latest experimental kernel, and it connect to viber network(I have been using it for past 4 hours).

I did a full charge of my phone, and from 100% to 83%, it took 4 hours,wifi was on and screentime was about 40mins ( I am using ondemand+deadline+18% zRam).

so far battery life is good I think. thank you moddingg33k.

Also I wanted to ask, if there is any thing that can force our device to use more of zRam disk size, for example now my used ratio is 0.75, I want it to be more than this. when we use swap, we have the option swappiness, which if we set something like 80, it swaps more. do we have an option like this for zRam ?

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

In my opinion the new auto hotplug works very well. I've noticed that it uses the second core a little more often than MPDecision but battery life and performance still seem to be a bit better (I'm also not playing games).

The only thing I've noticed that annoys me a bit is that there is a slight delay when turning on the screen. Sometimes it takes up to one second to turn on the screen. 

Guest darktall

@moddingg33k yup its fine now i am able to connect to viber after hard resetting my phone every thing else fine but i feel a very little bit lag issues  in gaming   once the lag gone the game runs smooth.  ( tested on subway surfers and heroes of camelot ) battery depleting way fast while playing this heroes of camelot game.

Guest Romagnolo1973

If this can help the auto-hotplug kernel consuption is the double than synopsys previous kernel.

18 hour of my basic usage with only one call of 2 minutes, screen active only 3 minutes, 93% deepsleep but it use 14% of my battery when with others synopsys (or cexstel, or H3ROS) with the same usage I use 6-7% battery

Although I take your report seriously this increased battery drain seems unlikely being caused by the auto-hotplug code in my opinion. Not for idle/deepsleep scenarios at least.

Can you please check your wakelocks? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector

CPU & Kernel-WakeLocks would be interesting. Maybe you can make a screenshot and send them to me via PM.

New AHP (auto hot-plug) Put the second core online too often sad.png

Try to increase:

• /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/delay

to '200' or even '250' and see if it fits your needs. I'm unsure yet whether to increase or decrease this value to be honest. Alternatively you could also decrease it in steps of '10'.

Optionally also increase:

• /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/cycle_up

to '2' or even '3'. This will further delay the plugging of the 2nd core.

Those 2 parameters still needs to be balanced by experimentation. It's a matter of "energy efficiency" VS "performance".

Edited by Guest

Guest Romagnolo1973

Although I take your report seriously this increased battery drain seems unlikely being caused by the auto-hotplug code in my opinion. Not for idle/deepsleep scenarios at least.

Can you please check your wakelocks? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector

CPU & Kernel-WakeLocks would be interesting. Maybe you can make a screenshot and send them to me via PM.

Tomorrow I will test again in the same usage way, then I will post here screenshots, there is nothing secret in my phone so I can publish in public, so NSA will be happy :-)

Guest rederik75

So far, so good...

post-1029145-14074809575757_thumb.jpg

Average use, that means: some calls, a bit of browsing, WiFi, Bluetooth paired while in the car, music playing in the car through the stereo cable, tapatalking on modaco, email. No games.

AOSP rom by H3ROS

Edited by rederik75

Guest krux3r

Hey guys, uhm, one noobish question.

All I have to do is to flash/install this zip through CWM/TWRP recovery and I have kernel installed then? Does it matter which recovery I have?

Guest ZolaIII

Hey guys, uhm, one noobish question.

All I have to do is to flash/install this zip through CWM/TWRP recovery and I have kernel installed then? Does it matter which recovery I have?

Not really.

Guest krux3r

why this useless reply?.

you need a custom recovery like twrp. is in this section pinned to the top

I have TWRP.

Im just asking is everything I have to do is flashing the zip provided on top of the thread?

Guest rederik75

I have TWRP.

Im just asking is everything I have to do is flashing the zip provided on top of the thread?

Yes, it's enough. Personally, after every flash I also do a cache and dalvik wipe, just to be sure...

Guest thetonyxx

So far, so good...

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-08-08-08-52-39.png

Average use, that means: some calls, a bit of browsing, WiFi, Bluetooth paired while in the car, music playing in the car through the stereo cable, tapatalking on modaco, email. No games.

AOSP rom by H3ROS

try deactivate/freeze google play services