[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest Victod

Thx for testing & reporting, Victod. Could you maybe do another test please, after you have updated your attached script?

I exchanged random with frandom, but forgot to do the same with urandom <-> erandom.

The previous script got just updated (fixed) smile.png

Sure!  :)

I got the same results that fonz93

F-Random ENABLER v1.1.zip

I have a question, but I don't now, that is kernel related or not.

On wifi I have 6 hours screec on time, but when I'm on 3G, it drains my battery extremely high.. If I'm on 3G with good signal, my screen on time about an hour.. :/

Anyone have the same issues?

Hey!

It would be a long story talking about Huawei and their way to let the modem interact with the linux kernel, but I don't wanna go into too many details. In short: the implementation is not optimal, so it's "normal" that 3G drains battery a lot.

However it should be MUCH !!! more than 1 hour. Dunno where to find the reason for your issue and how to solve it. But I highly doubt it's the kernel. You can try to revert to any stock ROM/KERNEL and take a look if your problem persists.

And the last one, could you build a base kernel for cm10.1 with zram and updated bases, as we talked from it before?

This will still take a while, because I didn't have enough time yet to modify the ramdisk.

Guest kannasbor0

This will still take a while, because I didn't have enough time yet to modify the ramdisk.

Sure. But good to know that you didn't forget it. :)

Thanks for answers!

I made a few optimizations. No new functions, I'm sorry.

However i consider this build the 1st STABLE stock kernel build smile.png

It's worth upgrading to it. The device's responsiveness and overall performance is slightly increased compared to previous builds wink.png

Things which will come in future, depending on how much time I got to spend:

• ROW scheduler
  • probably CM 10.1 compatibility
  • maybe some moderate OC
  • patch android's LowMemoryKiller (to account swap usage as well for example)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pv23zoyt35kwiji/stock_y300_20140525_stable.zip

Bench Scores (with deadline scheduler)

AndroBench

Sequential Read: 34.24 MB/s
Sequential Write: 5.45 MB/s

Random Read: 6.17 MB/s
Random Write: 0.22 MB/s

AnTuTu

Score: 7611

Multitask: 1569
Runtime: 746

CPU integer: 695
CPU float-point: 434

RAM Operation: 403

2D graphics: 616
3D graphics: 1464

Storage I/O: 589
Database I/O: 550
Edited by Guest

Guest mitchde

Thanks, using your kernel now since 2 weeks without any prob.

Q: The newest kernel "stable" is zip size 10 MB vs older ones around 6 MB. Why bigger sized?

EDIT: i looked in, seams by bigger modules - esp. cfg80211.ko went from 0,2 MB to 2,2 MB size. Others only 2-4 times bigger.

Edited by mitchde

One of the (unused) module's size seemed to have grown to 2 MB somehow huh.png

Nothing to worry about though. The kernel image's size itself didn't increase and there are no problems to expect.

It's only an optional kernel module which doesn't get load by any kernel/ROM routine wink.png

I'll investigate this issue another time, since it doesn't have much priority for now.

No row scheduler in this kernel

Yup, but that's just what I wrote before rolleyes.gif. Deadline should fit your needs meanwhile cool.png

Edited by Guest

Guest Chefo93

No. It's also not planed to be integrated, sorry.

Oh, well, there goes that. Will you at least update the adreno blobs with kgsl and ion (I know it's a lot of work) so the kernel would support KitKat, cuz this phone could run KK really well... Plus I don't wanna smash it agaisnt the wall! xD I am ready to donate money if you fix the adreno drivers. Nobody is expecting miracles I think, just something better than huawei's nuisance of a kernel. :) Other people might donate too!

Ugh, another kinda long post from me, gotta stop doing 'em like that...

Our kernels adreno drivers really need some updates. But like you said it's a lot of work, so stay patient ;)

There is no guarantee that newer drivers will work at all.

Freedreno didn't get updated and doesn't seem to get maintained. That's why I won't waste time on them.

ADB insecure isn't necessary. If your phone is rooted, you can get SU access on adb shell.

If I might be wrong or misunderstood sth. then let me know.

Guest luca020400

I know but to get the permission in /system I have to write mount -o rw,remount -t auto /system in adb shell instead I can do adb root and adb remount 

Guest Chefo93

Our kernels adreno drivers really need some updates. But like you said it's a lot of work, so stay patient ;)

There is no guarantee that newer drivers will work at all.

Freedreno didn't get updated and doesn't seem to get maintained. That's why I won't waste time on them.

In another thread about drivers I read that freedreno drivers have reached final version thus the reason there are no updates in Github. I'll arm myself with patience, no haste from me! xD 

Anyway, I have a strange issue (don't know if it is kernel-related). I had a call some 15 minutes ago and the touch screen didn't work, so I couldn't answer the call. The ROM is Slimstock 1.8.2 and the kernel is the latest Stable version. The problem seems to be gone for now. I'll write in the other thread too! ^^

Sounds weird. Whenever I need the screen it turns on immediately. Let me know wether this issue occurs more often.

Edited by Guest

Guest fonz93

In another thread about drivers I read that freedreno drivers have reached final version thus the reason there are no updates in Github. I'll arm myself with patience, no haste from me! xD 

Anyway, I have a strange issue (don't know if it is kernel-related). I had a call some 15 minutes ago and the touch screen didn't work, so I couldn't answer the call. The ROM is Slimstock 1.8.2 and the kernel is the latest Stable version. The problem seems to be gone for now. I'll write in the other thread too! ^^

When it occurs, the screen turns on?

Guest ZolaIII

Freedreno is the only open driver that is mainlined & part of the mesa (not counting Nv, ATI & Intel). It have a complete Adreno 2xx support for more than a year. Current work is based on full OGL2.2 support. Its stable and reliable but it's not performance optimized! If you expect to get a performance boost from it just forget it, it's meant for safe secure booting & basic work.

If you expect gains from newer Qualicomm binary blobs well don't expect much!

Possible gains that's you may expect are from patching ION, optimizing scheduler not to miss & for true output & from CPU governor patching & other IO related settings. All of this can benefit around 10%. Naturally I didn't count in OC.

Edited by ZolaIII