[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest SH3H1

@moddingg33k

I think your kernal zip file is variety :huh:

If i flash it i can't flash anything until i reboot recovery !

If i use 98Mhz as minimum , when coming from deepsleep phone becomes laggy for sometime (3-5s)

PS. I always wonder why you did put the Synopsis Beta2 down :wacko:

Is it because the lack of wifi driver source?

Just curiosity :D , You now.... ;)

Edit:-

You can't flash anithing because the zip install the new busybox binary

Thanks now i understand :)

Edited by SH3H1

Guest luca020400

You can't flash anithing because the zip install the new busybox binary 

EDIT : zram module ( /system/lib/modules/zram.ko ) doesn't exist

Edited by luca020400

EDIT : zram module ( /system/lib/modules/zram.ko ) doesn't exist

It's not build as module, but fully integrated into the kernel just like the touchscreen driver for example ;)

If i use 98Mhz as minimum , when coming from deepsleep phone becomes laggy for sometime (3-5s)

I don't know which APPs you got running and whether you changed any kernel parameter from it's default, neither if you are using SWAP/ZRAM.

It's possible, that 98 Mhz is too less for waking up your device and that the governor doesn't scale up quickly enough.

Guest luca020400

It's not build as module, but fully integrated into the kernel just like the touchscreen driver for example ;)

And then how can I create a zram init.d script with 2 zram devices

Edited by luca020400

Guest thetonyxx

It's possible, that 98 Mhz is too less for waking up your device and that the governor doesn't scale up quickly enough.

i never have this problem

And then how can I create a zram init.d script with 2 zram devices

In general it's recommended to enable 1 zram device per CPU core. But since we got hotplugging and our 2nd core is offline most of the time you won't benefit from having more than 1 device enabled at the same time.

Guest luca020400

In general it's recommended to enable 1 zram device per CPU core. But since we got hotplugging and our 2nd core is offline most of the time you won't benefit from having more than 1 device enabled at the same time.

Ok thanks

Guest fonz93

@moddingg33k Hi, if i want to port your kernel changing ramdisk, i have to use also your modules on new rom (for example cm11 or other kitkat rom)?

edit: i changed ramdisk, repacked boot.img and flashed, when it ends boot animation, phone reboots, i'll try to do an adb log

edit 2: i flashed stock kernel to enable adb on cm11 settings, flashed again ramdisk modified kernel and now works  :huh: , that strange, also on kernel version in settings it says "Unavailable"

edit3: ok, the problem is wi-fi :), when i enable it, phone reboots, logcat: http://pastebin.com/5P8isaNT,... but there is no trace of wi-fi error at the end

Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

If you want to make it work on KitKat try using chil360's wifi modules (and ramdisk?)

mmm, if i use your wi-fi modules from your ramdisk folder? (ar6000.ko and cfg80211.ko), i'll also try chil360's modules, i am only curious :)

edit: chil360's ramdisk works only on slimkat

Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

If you got an working kernel for CM11 you only need to extract it, replace the boot.img (or zImage) and repack it. That might work.

With this way, what wi-fi modules will use? yours or cm11 modules?

Edit: used old way: replaced in ramdisk folder all wi-fi modules with yours, seems to work

Do you know why kernel version shows "Unavailable"?

Edited by fonz93

No idea, sry happy.png

Without my ramdisk you might miss the init.d feature and some minor kernel optimizations i made in "init.synopsis.rc"

Edited by Guest

Guest fonz93

No idea, sry happy.png

Without my ramdisk you might miss the init.d feature and some minor kernel optimizations i made in "init.synopsis.rc"

Can i edit cm11's ramdisk to add your features or they need some other things?

And i have to use your lib/modules?

Edited by fonz93

Guest Romagnolo1973

It would be a long story talking about Huawei and their way to let the modem interact with the linux kernel, but I don't wanna go into too many details. In short: the implementation is not optimal, so it's "normal" that 3G drains battery a lot.

Yes the implementation made by huawei is terrible, I never saw a smartphone that reach 22 days in 2g as our Y300 (tested by me) and only 2 days in 3g with the same usage (ratio 2g\3g is 10 time ). Others verdors use a worst battery but with a better ratio 2g\3g that is 5 or 8 time

Guest kannasbor0

Yes the implementation made by huawei is terrible, I never saw a smartphone that reach 22 days in 2g as our Y300 (tested by me) and only 2 days in 3g with the same usage (ratio 2g\3g is 10 time ). Others verdors use a worst battery but with a better ratio 2g\3g that is 5 or 8 time

Someone linked a B199 baseband to this forum (can't remember which topic), I flashed it, and it seems to solve my problem. Before flashing I have no signal percentage about 20% in my workplace, but yesterday evening it was 0%. :) I played a vid from youtube to test, about 1%/minute. Before flashing it was 50%/4minutes. So if anyone have huge 3G battery drain, I recommend to flash B199 baseband! :)

But as I tested, I noticed that our GPU is sucking battery too.. I played video from SD card with min brightness, 1%/2minutes. It's quiet big imo.

Edited by kannasbor0

Guest sgspluss

This looks pretty nice, but nothing for CM10.1 badly :(
But i've read some pages ago you will MAYBE made it also for CM10.1 which would be perfect...

Also few things to make this kernel a bit batteryfriendlier...
- Set the default Swappiness from 60 to 45
- Also you can lower the WiFi voltage

- Add InteractiveX Governor, its basicly same as Interactiv but contains profiels which are good for long batterylife with good performance.

HERE you have a good github from Christopher83, use his kernel in CM10.1 for SGS Plus. Maybe you can pick some good and usefull features ;)

Think with this 3 changes you can get a bit more batteryfriendlier kernel :)

Guest fonz93

Also few things to make this kernel a bit batteryfriendlier...

- Set the default Swappiness from 60 to 45

Swappiness is 50

Guest sgspluss

Androids default swappiness value is 60 ;)
This means if he doesnt change this value it will be 60 or he change it then it could be 50 or what ever he wants.

Guest fonz93

Androids default swappiness value is 60 ;)

This means if he doesnt change this value it will be 60 or he change it then it could be 50 or what ever he wants.

He changed this value, with is own script included in the kernel, check for init.synopsis.rc or simply go in /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

Edited by fonz93