Flash a Hybrid Modem to Gain 4G LTE Connectivity

Guest marvinvv

Guest marvinvv

Hi just seen this

Easily Flash a Hybrid Modem to Gain 4G LTE Connectivity on Your Nexus 4 without a PC

link is here >>>>  http://www.xda-developers.com/android/easily-flash-a-hybrid-modem-to-gain-4g-lte-connectivity-on-your-nexus-4-without-a-pc/

Question:

Having given this, does anyone know if you could flash a new modem on the current Moto G to give 4G capability.

Regards M

Guest KonstaT
No, there is no hardware for it. Current variants of Moto G are for GSM (MSM8226) and CDMA (MSM8626) networks. LTE (MSM8926) variant is coming later.

Second number in Qualcomm platform naming scheme is the radio.
MSMx0xx - no integrated radio (can have external modem)
MSMx2xx - GSM
MSMx6xx - CDMA
MSMx9xx - LTE

Guest marvinvv

Thanks, what do you mean, does the actual hardware have to change or when the new Moto G LTE is released could that modem be flashed to the Moto G 3G phone ie do you need new hardware or could you flash a new modem?

Guest KonstaT

Thanks, what do you mean, does the actual hardware have to change or when the new Moto G LTE is released could that modem be flashed to the Moto G 3G phone ie do you need new hardware or could you flash a new modem?

You can't change the hardware, radio is integrated in the main board as part of the chipset. There might be some differences in antenna design between variants as well.

Current Moto G variants don't have LTE hardware, flashing any piece of software doesn't change that. If you want LTE, you're just going to have to purchase the LTE variant that should be available soon enough.

Guest marvinvv

KonstaT thanks, i will get new LTE phone and my son will have mine, which I was hoping I could flash a new 4g modem, thanks that  has cleared that up. Regards M