Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest thehobit

Extracting files from Nandroid backup:

When upgrading ROm's, there is always a possibly that something will go wrong with backup/restore, even with mighty Titanium.

To be in the safe side, Nandroid is always the best backup.

Just in case, here is a way to extract any specific file or library from the Nandroid backup on a PC:

(Some applications can do it on the device (even Titanium), but I found that they tend to crash too often).

Change the ".Win" file extension to ".tar.gz", then most reliable way is to extract with Winrar, which can rebuild split files as well).

Guest korekore1

would you say this is better than xtreme vanilla?

you can't compare it i think,miui is a whole different game.Miui will never be as fast as an optimized aosp,and aosp will never be as pretty as a miui.

If you are talking about bugs,well miui is still beta.

Can someone please tell me is there original CoolUI keyboard to be find and downloaded (and of course installed easily)?

Or is there a way to extract it from ROM? Hope I am not talking rubbish.

Guest 77chedu

Hi,

I've uploaded a new version of my Lollipop alike. It's been almost redone from scratch with maucat's Infocus as base. More like a port actually, using his rom as stock

Much better camera (*), built-in apps on its settings. You can check the screenshots on the spanish forum thread

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/android-l-mod-material_reloaded.94174/

Download link

Depending on your locale some of the tweaked entries on setting won't get fully translated

Cheers

(*) The app itself is not the most feature rich, but you can use FV5, A better camera, or whatever

Guest thehobit

Just installed the Micromax ROM. Fast and smooth, overall recommended.

Yet, the main drawback of this phone in my view, remains the low performance of the speaker (pool clarity and volume, especially during voice calls).

I have tried Viper and several other tools yet no luck. Any hint?

Guest dakok

My new rom coming soon stay tuned

check post and follow my page : https://www.facebook.com/MicromaxnitroA311

@dakok cheers

Great news m@nish!

ColorOS was one of my favorite roms. I checked the old topic now and here are the main problems from older releases:

• SIM shows no contacts (but you can export them from SIM to phone memory) in contacts app
  • SIM PIN lock should be turned off before turning the phone on
  • Whatsapp FC (SIM related I guess) 
  • Use rebooter to turn the phone off (else it doesn't boot properly, you should boot from CWM then) - fixed
  • Some have problems with proximity sensor (me not  :))
  • email app
Edited by dakok

Guest m@nish123

Great news m@nish!

ColorOS was one of my favorite roms. I check the old topic now and here are the main problems from older releases:

• SIM shows no contacts (but you can export them from SIM to phone memory) in contacts app
  • SIM PIN lock should be turned off before turning the phone on
  • Whatsapp FC (SIM related I guess) 
  • Use rebooter to turn the phone off (else it doesn't boot properly, you should boot from CWM then) - fixed
  • Some have problems with proximity sensor (me not  :))
  • email app

hehe cooldown dude :P  color os is also my fav rom..dats why bring rom...these r the features of new color os 2

*****************Features*******************************

1. Based On kitkat 4.4.2 (real)

2. Sensor r working

3. gesture and sensor function working

4. Xposed fully supported (no need to disable hook )

5. double tap to blur wallpaper in launcher

6. fully same feature of find 7 except hardware limitation

7. dolby sound,dirac sound

8. security center ,working guest mode etc ;) ;)

9. deodexed

10. smooth ,fluid

11. Here is Big news ( First Time Ported Pure Find 7 camera with working most of addons fully )

12. and many more :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;)

Note ; 1. need to do system partition upto 1.5Gb (i will post with rom guide soon) :ph34r:

2. Above mentioned none of bug is der ;) :D

Going to be hit and mother of all rom ;) ;) :P

Guest m@nish123

Wow! for everything and wow! wow! wow! for the camera :D

Shall enlarged CoolUI partition make a problem with succeeding flashing?

i'll post two method ...one bye cwm or twrp nd one sp tool .......it will not effect for current rom flashing and future rom flashing...only u will loss 500mb from userdata partition to system storage...1.5gb.........check ss on fb page :D ;)

Guest slime00

hope battery life will be better than EMUIs and the likes, with 4.4.4 I've been experiencing great battery life, way better than Huawei's rom. ColorOS was a great rom back when I tried it, but was still very young and with a lot of bugs (not good for daily usage). It had a problem with whatsapp if I remember right, among the others. Is your release multilanguage?

Edited by slime00

Guest m@nish123

hope battery life will be better than EMUIs and the likes, with 4.4.4 I've been experiencing great battery life, way better than Huawei's rom. ColorOS was a great rom back when I tried it, but was still very young and with a lot of bugs (not good for daily usage). It had a problem with whatsapp if I remember right, among the others. Is your release multilanguage?

yes and currently it's kk based so no bugs ...may be minor issue

Guest Jpower73

i'll post two method ...one bye cwm or twrp nd one sp tool .......it will not effect for current rom flashing and future rom flashing...only u will loss 500mb from userdata partition to system storage...1.5gb.........check ss on fb page :D ;)

Manish,

Could you port, in color os, S5's rom photo libs?

I get great photos at 21,6mp (interpolated)

Guest korekore1

Just installed the Micromax ROM. Fast and smooth, overall recommended.

Yet, the main drawback of this phone in my view, remains the low performance of the speaker (pool clarity and volume, especially during voice calls).

I have tried Viper and several other tools yet no luck. Any hint?

you can improve the sound a lot with viper,this won't change your speaker though..!