Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest dakok

This is unbelieveable. :D

Testing latest Color OS yesterday and everything works fine, looks like a keeper and then

I wanted to make a call - no contacts on SIM card. I mean they are listed but can't be used actually.

Now testing 086 - all looks good and then - bingo! system crashes after I set up APN 

:(

Edited by dakok

Guest borsosg

Hi dakok!

Official 033: http://www.7to.cn/androidrom/romdetail/20132

Download fast from my google drive: https://drive.google.com/?tab=wo&authuser=0#folders/0B36Ay7pVtck6a0tCWHNHaWFnNDA

I'm not sure that it is an official releise, but it works good. Only bug that I find: can't change the notification sound.

I find a "newer" version: http://www.7to.cn/androidrom/romdetail/20155

I download it now and I will try it today :)

Guest dakok

That's right. It came patched and there are rom releases that work for both versions...

Edited by dakok

Guest Robi4ok

Hi dakok!

Official 033: http://www.7to.cn/androidrom/romdetail/20132

Download fast from my google drive: https://drive.google.com/?tab=wo&authuser=0#folders/0B36Ay7pVtck6a0tCWHNHaWFnNDA

I'm not sure that it is an official releise, but it works good. Only bug that I find: can't change the notification sound.

I find a "newer" version: http://www.7to.cn/androidrom/romdetail/20155

I download it now and I will try it today :)

Did you try 034 version? I have some questions concerning that ROM

1) Is it official ROM?

2) Data usage is working or not?

3) OTA update is working or not?

Edited by Robi4ok

Guest borsosg

Hello!

Yes, I'm also trying out. I dont know it is an official version...but so far this has the least bug. But  I see no significant difference with 033. Maybe a little faster. Data usage is working on both versions, there is a chinaise app CoolManager that can't be remove or freeze, because it must to work the data usage. If I choose the OTA update I get this answer:"Your phone software version is the latest one"

Guest bryfly

Did you try 034 version? I have some questions concerning that ROM

1) Is it official ROM?

I re-installed official coolpad rom v15, to check versions, it auto updated to v20, then v21 and finally v29 where it stopped and said I have the latest version, so looks like it might be a fake official ROM.

Guest borsosg

I translated the Chinese description of 033 Rom. It says that this is the latest official beta version... As I have said, I am not sure, but the rom is works good, and that is enough for me :)

I tried many roms: Officials, Color Os, Fun Touch, BaiduCloud, Nibiru, 5-6 kind of AOSP, Lewa, and Miui-s....The most stable are the AOSP roms, but they are boring. My favorite is CoolLife Ui, but unfortunately it has a lot of flaws...

The other favorite for me is Miui, but I have not yet found one that was perfect...

Guest slime00

The most stable are the AOSP roms, but they are boring. My favorite is CoolLife Ui, but unfortunately it has a lot of flaws...

absolutely right... the AOSP is not the most appealing (I am more for customized rom), but every other rom has some sort of bug that (for me) never allows to use the phone the way i want it. AOSP is the one with less flaws and every time I try a rom, i always finish restoring my backup with AOSP at maximum after half a day! Poor Dakok is trying every way to escape from it, flashing every rom that comes out from the chinese forums, but he will finish with aosp too one of these days :D

Guest dakok

:D

Luckily there's only a bug or two per rom

so I'm pretty sure that there will be

several proper releases sooner or later.

One of those Chinese devs should learn

how to do a bugless rom. I hope. :)

Guest slime00

yep, as I told you I never managed to find a chinese rom without at least one major flaw. I hope they really improve in this! :D

Guest borsosg

Baidu is a very good rom. The latest version has an awesome world cup theme :-). But the rom has some bug. The worst is that the phone lost the signal sometimes, and date and time don't refresh... It looks great

Guest bore1989

hello...can someone tell me what is the most stable rom for coolpad f1 and that it has working google mapps...and how can i flash a cpb rom?...can i flash miui rom from internal memory?sry for maybe dumb questions but it's easier to ask

Guest Robi4ok

Hi borsosg

Its a good news for me. Bcoz i always control my apps activity by data usage. I tried some ROMs and all of them have some bugs. In my opinion last official versions are more stable. Now i am on 029 lite version. Very nice ROM with one serious bug for me, data usage is not working. Maybe i should try to install coolmanager.apk manually? Dakok knows more about it maybe he or other enlightened friends will tell me  :)

Edited by Robi4ok

Guest dakok

@bore

Most of the roms are stable, but many of them have a bug or two. Look back at posts, there is a google maps version that works fine.

You don't need to flash CPB rom. Most important is that you do (if you don't have this already):

• driver
  • root
  • CWM
  • system backup through CWM

When you do this, you may flash roms through CWM (recovery) and it's easy to go back to your backuped system in few minutes...

@Robi4ok

Few suggestions: 

• apkextractor (probably won't work but it's a good app for saving apps installed from google play and other non-system apps)
  • simple installation - probably won't work
  • copy to system folder with root file manager/explorer and set same permissions as other apk's in system folder
  • try to find coolmanager.apk at china websites (hint - add china word for smartphone to coolmanager.apk in google search)

If you want to use coolmanager.apk from another rom, take a look at system folder and see if there are odex files with same

names as apk files - if they are - you can't use that apk

@borosg

Thanks mate :)

Edited by dakok

Guest Robi4ok

@Robi4ok

Few suggestions: 

• apkextractor (probably won't work but it's a good app for saving apps installed from google play and other non-system apps)
  • simple installation - probably won't work
  • copy to system folder with root file manager/explorer and set same permissions as other apk's in system folder
  • try to find coolmanager.apk at china websites (hint - add china word for smartphone to coolmanager.apk in google search)

If you want to use coolmanager.apk from another rom, take a look at system folder and see if there are odex files with same

names as apk files - if they are - you can't use that apk

I'm not sure that the app which is responsible for data usage named coolmanager.apk. I've search everywhere even in official ROMs but cant find. There is similar apps like DataUsageLockScreenClient.apk, CP_CButton.apk and etc.   :(

Does anybody knows exact name of app which is responsible for data usage?

BDW Dakok i remember that you was interesting with making multilanguage Coollife UI, is there any news?

Edited by Robi4ok

Guest borsosg

I'm not sure that the app which is responsible for data usage named coolmanager.apk. I've search everywhere even in official ROMs but cant find. There is similar apps like DataUsageLockScreenClient.apk, CP_CButton.apk and etc.   :(

Does anybody knows exact name of app which is responsible for data usage?

Hi!

I removed from my rom some apk-s, witch I think the part of CoolManager. Coolmanager is a program group that included the data usage app. Here is my shared Drive link: 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B36Ay7pVtck6WlNWYnJvUHRsdDg&usp=sharing I think the app that you need is: CP_NetUserMgr.apk and odex

Guest dakok

A list of Coolpad apps that can be removed.

Have a nandroid / CWM backup before trying this.

Use some root manager.

Delete apk files and the same files with the ODEX file extension:

AppStoreWidget ------------------ Cool Software Store plugin 
BackupRestoreConfirmation ------- backup and recovery (Google mailbox backups can be deleted) 
BaiduNetworkLocation ------------ Baidu network positioning 
BatteryWarning ------------------ low battery warning 
BY_3RD_coolmart ------------------ Cool Software Store 
CP_Calculator -------------------- calculator 
CP_CalendarProvider -------------- calendar storage 
CP_CalendarUI -------------------- Calendar 
CP_CoolMap ----------------------- Cool Map 
CP_CustomerService --------------- Cool Customer 
CP_Email ------------------------- Email 
CP_FlashLight -------------------- flashlight 
CP_GameCenter --------------------- Games Store 
CP_Memo ---------------------------- Notepad 
CP_MemoWidget ---------------------- notepad plugin 
CP_Mirror -------------------------- mirror 
CP_OTA ----------------------------- OTA upgrade 
CP_PictureWidget ------------------- image plugin 
CP_QuickDial ----------------------- Cool Speed ​​Dial 
CP_QuickSearchBox ------------------ Quick Search 
CP_SDBackup ------------------------ Cool backup 
CP_SnsService ---------------------- micro * Service 
CP_SnsService ---------------------- recorder 
CP_WeatherWidget ------------------- weather plugin 
CP_WhereAmI ------------------------ where I am 
Exchange --------------------------- mail service 
Galaxy4 --------------------------- wallpapers [black Hole] 
LiveWallpapers -------------------- Live Wallpaper 
MagicSmokeWallpapers -------------- wallpapers [smoke] 
MTKAndroidSuiteDaemon ------------- mtk Kit 
MTKLogger ------------------------- mtk record 
MtkVideoLiveWallpaper ------------- mtk wallpapers 
NoiseField ------------------------ wallpapers [bubble] 
Omacp ----------------------------- phone's internal configuration information 
PhaseBeam ------------------------- Light Live Wallpaper [rhythm] 
PicoTts ---------------------------- Text-to-Speech Services 
Protips ---------------------------- Desktop plug-little green men 
QuickSearchBox --------------------- Quick Search 
VisualizationWallpapers ------------ music visualization wallpaper 
XY_CP_CoolcloudSync ---------------- Cool Cloud 
XY_CP_IcmUpgrade ------------------- Cool cloud upgrade 
XY_CP_IcmWeather ------------------- Cool Weather 

Source

P.S. You don't have to remove everything - this is just a list of what CAN be removed

Edited by dakok

Guest Robi4ok

borsosg

Thank you for link. I download both CP_NetUserMgr.apk and CP_NetUserMgr.odex. Now where should i copy them and how to install? 

Edited by Robi4ok

Guest borsosg

I think you must copy to root/system/app with root explorer and add permissions. Then restart phone. Maybe you can install from there... but I'm not sure. When I installed this rom, I freezed these apps, and data usage doesn't work. But when I unfreeze them data usage work again.