Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

All of three (I guess) KK releases were originally for TDSCDMA phone.

The first official KK for our WCDMA phones will be out during September.

Edited by dakok

Guest Maringer

I'd imagine that the one benefit of having a WCDMA phone, is that the first beta ought to be much more stable than the early betas for the TD-SCDMA phones.

After all, if we can hack a TD-SCDMA ROM by simply replacing some files, it shouldn't be much more difficult for Coolpad to recompile these files for the WCDMA versions. You'd expect that bugs fixed in the earlier TD-SCDMA betas should also be fixed in the first WCDMA beta.

For now, I'm quite happy with the MIUI ROM I'm using, which I haven't updated for a couple of months!

Edited by Maringer

That's what I was thinking of, too.

One of the advantages from having a mature release (both hw and sw) :D

Could you please provide the link to that MIUI (if you can still trace it :))?

[ROM][4.4.2] Coolpad F1 WCDMA CoolUI KitKat (017_TD) Lite v4 by ATX

Download

• Transplant mobile version of the latest official version is 017 4.42 
  • Upgrade to the latest official end of the package bottom 017 package, the official updated content on their own web view Quguan 
  • Still a lot of useful features added to the third edition, hope you like 
  • Authorization to use super elite, perfect ROOT 
  • (For the first time into the authorization management may be prompted to update su file, click continue, choose the conventional manner, about ten seconds the installation is complete, follow-up will not appear) 
  • Add busybox instruction set, 
  • Cool to remove the boot sound, etc. 
  • USB debugging features enabled by default 
  • Default shake off button, open the Settings / Sound 
  • Keyboard lights turned off by default in the settings / display / keyboard light duration, open 
  • Revising the status bar, support single card single display, dual card dual display 
  • The status bar has been an eyesore to remove profile icon 
  • The status bar add speed display, support two kinds of style switch to support the switch (Advanced Settings) 
  • Add ZTE screen assistant, support switch (Advanced Settings) 
  • Add goggles, support switch (Advanced Settings) 
  • Icon on the desktop into the re-arrangement, and remove unwanted icons 
  • Battery percentage display support, under Settings / battery switch 
  • Streamlining the most useless programs, system fairly pure 
  • Zipalign ROM has been optimized to reduce memory footprint 
  • 3G network optimization optimize the effect of the global touch response 
  • Optimization of the underlying framework to optimize power consumption, more power 
  • Details of the adjustment, self-experience,,,, 

Guest Maringer

Could you please provide the link to that MIUI (if you can still trace it :))?

Oh, I'm just using emjot's last release from Needrom. Dates back to late June, I think, but has been perfectly stable and everything seems to work properly (I've had to install the older Google Maps apk and refuse to accept updates, however).

Guest Raymond Castro

anyone else using the keziwu glass case, how are you finding it?

Looks very smart imo, makes the phone look like a big iphone but the case itself seems to offer little protection (not tested it yet ie. dropped it....)

I did :( My wife dropped my phone from 1.6 meters, it hit the floor with one corner, the cage broke a little but phone was intact. She dropped it one more time, angry, with exactly the same result.

Very happy with the level of protection, quite sure a soft silicone case would have done the same without breaking but this case is so awesome I ordered two more to replace this one.

One question though, I have been looking at removing the case and I can not figure it out. Any ideas?

Edited by Raymond Castro

One question though, I have been looking at removing the case and I can not figure it out. Any ideas?

Ha ha! I have the same trouble having installed it without inserting my SIM/sdcard first!  :blush:

I think you need a plastic (not metal!) spudger or guitar pick/plectrum or something like that to prise it off from the bottom. 

At least I hope so!  :wacko:

P.S. Why was your wife so angry... :D

Edited by dalyer

We are expecting something from you today!

Sorry, Baidu repack release is prolonged for today :D

How to install CWM recovery via Mobile Uncle ?

Any tutorial whic I can see ?

You have everything on the first page or use this very simple app here

Guest Raymond Castro

Ha ha! I have the same trouble having installed it without inserting my SIM/sdcard first!  :blush:

I think you need a plastic (not metal!) spudger or guitar pick/plectrum or something like that to prise it off from the bottom. 

At least I hope so!  :wacko:

P.S. Why was your wife so angry... :D

No, I was mad at her for dropping my phone for the second time. I think I have it easy, I can just brake the case whenever I receive the new ones.

Ok, I finally managed to make the Baidu repack with Google apps.

[ROM][4.2.2] COOLPAD_8297w_Baidu_R_2.3.54.62 - En_Repack + Gapps

UI is in English and I removed 10-15 chinese apps.

Everything works fine, couldn't find any bugs (to be true, I didn't tested it thoroughly)

HAVE A CWM BACKUP before flashing roms!

Installation instructions:
- Download zip file (rom) and transfer that to SDcard
- Turn on debugging on your phone, turn off quick boot, turn off phone (some folks remove battery now:))
- Press vol. up and power button together for at least 10 seconds.
- You are in CWM now (probably)
- Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition
- Mounts and storage: Format System, Cache, Data (Don't format Data in TWRP recovery !!!). Go back
- Advanced: Wipe Dalvik cache, Reboot recovery
- Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> your rom (zip)
- Reboot to system
Leave your phone now for 5 minutes, let it take a breath.

There is something with baidu and gapps that makes the gapps registration stuck when you want to start wifi.

• Don't connect to wifi yet, just skip google registration.
  • Pull down notification from screen top and connect to wifi by holding finger at wifi icon.
  • Now click at settings icon (gear symbol) on top
  • When in settings, go to accounts and activate your google account.

That is it...

Download

P.S.

No web browser inside.

I recommend CM Browser from Google Play and Kii keyboard

P.P.S.

Home screen -> Menu button, Home Settings: Show All-App-List Icon

Home screen -> Home Settings 

Switch off News widget

Check Double Click to Lock screen (my favorite :))

Settings -> Security -> Screen Lock -> Water

Edited by dakok

Guest jakethedooggg

GravityBox[KK] got updated and now fully supports MTK6592 phones! Now working perfectly with all it's features on my Coolpad :)

Edited by jakethedooggg

Guest jay0ind

I've done everything as explained and I dont understand which one was cwm which I placed in root folder of Coolpad internal memory ?

Here are screenshots.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-09-02-09-08-46.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-09-02-09-09-05.png

Copy recovery.img in Internal Storage...do not put it inside any folder...now start mobileuncletools and select change recovery & select file name "recovery.img"...flash it...

Guest matejsolid

Yeah I managed,everyting underwent fine,thanks to both.
Now I'm going to install Baidu :)

For some reason it stuck at boot logo and wont load past boot logo so I'm going to install newest stock ROM.

Edited by matejsolid

Guest trashbat

I did :( My wife dropped my phone from 1.6 meters, it hit the floor with one corner, the cage broke a little but phone was intact. She dropped it one more time, angry, with exactly the same result.

Very happy with the level of protection, quite sure a soft silicone case would have done the same without breaking but this case is so awesome I ordered two more to replace this one.

i put my fingernail in between where the metal ends and the plastic bezel meets it and prize it off at the corners - seems to work ok.

Did the case protect your screen ok?