Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest StratosGK

OK i found the problem.
As borsog says it its important to presss OK on the assistant manager after the phone boots into ROM. The first time i pressed ok when the F1 logo showed up but it was wrong. This time i pressed ok a couple of minutes after the phone asked for my PIN number. It solved the problem.

Edit:

Is there a way to remove the left home screen with the news? It's pretty annoying...

Edited by StratosGK

Guest dakok

Ehm...

If this is not too much to ask, could both of you make some kind of first revision of this guide,

just to make it absolutely clear for not-so-skilled user to understand.

Even I am confused a little bit :D

(for example - I guess that custom recovery (twrp or cwm) should have nothing to do with

OTA - isn't that stock recovery business?)

Guest dalyer

Just to clarify - there's no way to do OTA updates on a rooted stock?

You have to revert to non rooted stock (e.g. 029)?

I restored my stock (but rooted) 015 but it showed no sign of detecting any updates.

There was also no app for updating - should there be?

BTW - I had no SIM installed - does that matter?

dakok - I was also confused by all that talk of TWRP/CWM in the context of an OTA stock update! :o

Guest borsosg

This update is a zip file what automatically install the system from recovery. In my phone was a Chinese clockworkmod recovery basically what I change to TWRP. When I did the CPB flashing the recovery not changed. And when I updated from 029 to 036 TWRP asked me: want to fix root? I choose yes, so my phone is rooted with 036 official build.

Guest corvettec3

hi, as it's available new 036 rom version, I think that would be helpful (also for me :) ) if someone makes a guide about upgrade coolpad f1 from 015 (with factory settings no root) to 036. I haven't undestood if it's possible to upgrade to 036 version with OTA or in another way? thanks

Guest dalyer

My understanding is that with stock 015 and no root you should just see 036 as an over the air update.

Do you not?

My plan is to revert to unrooted stock later and see if I then see the update.

Guest bryfly

My understanding is that with stock 015 and no root you should just see 036 as an over the air update.

Do you not?

My plan is to revert to unrooted stock later and see if I then see the update.

Just went back to v15 and have had to go through 20,21,29 then 36, on my phone....

Guest corvettec3

Just went back to v15 and have had to go through 20,21,29 then 36, on my phone....

I bought my smartphone without root. Rom version is 4.2.015.PO.140321.8297W (custom build version 62). If I go to "system update settings", I read "unfortunately, settings has stopped" and I can't open menu. I tried to upgrade my smartphone with "system update" in menu ("about phone"): I push "check now" but I always read "your system is up to date" and everytime I try, smartphone upgrade only time and not rom version.

So, how can I make upgrade from 015 to 036 ? I have to make root or can I make it by OTA? thanks 

Guest dakok

I had the same thing. My way was to skip official OTAs (upgrades).

I installed CWM recovery (my phone had multilanguage rom and root) and flashed several interesting roms.

You have 2-3 options.

1) Leave 015 rom as it is. Install coolpad drivers, install china vroot 1.7.7 or higher on PC then 

CWM or twrp recovery thru mobileuncle tool. Make CWM backup, flash google apps and have fun with roms.

2) Flash Soda's factory rom 015 (but use boot.img out of rom folder) through Flash Tool (more risky, some knowledge needed)

3) Flash 029 factory rom we discussed today

4) Flash root.zip through recovery (find it on XDA) - not clear to me how to flash this one on a non-rooted phone 

(flash thru chinese recovery, stock recovery or thru flash tool?)

Edited by dakok

Guest Robi4ok

What's new in 036 version? What's the difference with 034 version? If there is no changes that you feel in usage i think no need to change my 034 version because i like it and there is no bug everything is working nice.

Just tired with trying several ROMs :)

P.S: I'll update to 036 if there is a list view animation :D

Edited by Robi4ok

Guest dalyer

Ha ha! :D Same here... I think...

I used this thread (which I mentioned earlier):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2785891

to revert to stock Chinese/English 020.

I was a bit nervous along the way what with all the Chinese stuff in the installers/GUIs, some pauses while installing and then a long delay while it rebooted - but it worked... :)

When it rebooted and I connected to wifi it presents me with the 021 update. 

I guess I also have to go through all of the updates in sequence.

One thing that bothers me is that if/when I root then I'll always have to revert to unrooted stock to get any further OTA updates?

Edit: yeah - using the thread above I was able to go from stock 020 to 021 to 029 to 036.

But I'm thinking of just trying the ATX "slim" 029 instead now.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dakok

@robi4ok

You might wish to try MyUI. Pletko and Borsosg say it's great. 

EDIT: List view animation is on custom factory roms released by ATX Team.

You won't find that on coolpad official rom :D

Edited by dakok

Guest corvettec3

I had the same thing. My way was to skip official OTAs (upgrades).

I installed CWM recovery (my phone had multilanguage rom and root) and flashed several interesting roms.

You have 2-3 options.

1) Leave 015 rom as it is. Install coolpad drivers, install china vroot 1.7.7 or higher on PC then 

CWM or twrp recovery thru mobileuncle tool. Make CWM backup, flash google apps and have fun with roms.

2) Flash Soda's factory rom 015 (but use boot.img out of rom folder) through Flash Tool (more risky, some knowledge needed)

3) Flash 029 factory rom we discussed today

4) Flash root.zip through recovery (find it on XDA) - not clear to me how to flash this one on a non-rooted phone 

(flash thru chinese recovery, stock recovery or thru flash tool?)

where can I download coolpad drivers , Coolpad Download Assistant  and official rom version (which version?) ? 

can I install directly 036 (is there link of full 036 version) or have I to make upgrade to 036(from which rom?) ?

what are differences between 1) way and 3) way that you wrote?

Guest StratosGK

I am 100% sure that i was able to detect and download the update through OTA while the phone was rooted. But i wasn't able to detect the update with 034 FIRE team ROM. Maybe their modifications remove the OTA. The next time they release an update i will try it and keep you informed.

@dakok
The guide to install official 029 is as simple as borsog posted. If you follow his steps its pretty simple.
I understand that when you are flashing with Coolpad Assistant and you are not in a bootloop, it's successful everytime. But if you have soft brick problems then it's not the way to go.

Guest dalyer

where can I download coolpad drivers , Coolpad Download Assistant  and official rom version (which version?) ? 

can I install directly 036 (is there link of full 036 version) or have I to make upgrade to 036(from which rom?) ?

what are differences between 1) way and 3) way that you wrote?

You can also use the xda-developers thread that I linked to above.

Guest dalyer

This update is a zip file what automatically install the system from recovery. In my phone was a Chinese clockworkmod recovery basically what I change to TWRP. When I did the CPB flashing the recovery not changed. And when I updated from 029 to 036 TWRP asked me: want to fix root? I choose yes, so my phone is rooted with 036 official build.

I had CWM installed, flashed the 020 CPB using Coolpad Assistant 1.82 and it reverted to the stock 3e recovery.

You say that doing this (albeit with Assistant 1.80 and 029) left your custom recovery intact?

Guest corvettec3

here I have found guide on official forum:

http://bbs.coolpad.com/thread-2777219-1-1.html

here is the link to download official rom 029(also posted on official forum):

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ntv7nGt    password 4s2f

on pan.baidu I tried to make download but it's too slow(8 hours). I tried to create an account but they haven't sent me sms on my phone to complete it.

So I don't know if I make login the download will be faster or I have to install baidu accelerator?

I wait for a guide to upgrade to 036 rom version. Please write all informations step by step. thanks

Edited by corvettec3

Guest corvettec3

when I install coolpad driver language is chinese. there are 3 options : II(M) , II(E), II® . what option I must choose? I tried to go to next step with 1st option and when install driver there is an other option to choose to install coolpad driver.msi (maybe ask connection) , I don't know. Please write me what I have to do. Thanks