[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Synopsis Kernel For Cyanogenmod and SlimKat

Guest fonz93

Guest fonz93

I deleted all updates because they don't work properly, hope moddingg33k will find the problem, for who wants this kernel, he can flash the 28-06 version

Edited by fonz93

I will upload an update soon. Currently I need to track an issue with the WiFi module, because I enabled SELinux and kernel OTG support (don't think it'll work as expected).

I've updated the kernel: http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/18200987/file.html

Changes:

• revert possible problematic commits
  • upgraded kernel to 3.4.98 (seems to cause some minor regressions which I can hopefully fix in upcoming releases rolleyes.gif )
  • updated:
    • KGSL drivers (only partially)
    • MSM video drivers

Don't expect any FPS boost. The most you might get is a more stable UI/GPU experience.

Edited by Guest

Guest fonz93

It was the new kernel .zip uploaded by moddingg33k for cm11 rebased for cm10.1, can some one say if the moddingg33k's version for cm11 works?

Edited by fonz93

All I can say is that it boots fine on stock ROMs mellow.png ... and that I got no clue why it shouldn't boot on CM based versions as well.

Edited by Guest

Guest fonz93

All I can say is that it boots fine on stock ROMs mellow.png ... and that I got no clue why it shouldn't boot on CM based versions as well.

You introduced some CAF changes but all CM ROMs use qcom legacy, maybe for this?

I fear that it's almost impossible to update any Video/GPU related kernel code. All ROMs are based on the old kernel code of 2012 and might need to get updated simultaneously along with the kernel.

Guest spanitzer

I flashed CM11 (12.07) and 11.07 synapsis Kernel and the device doesnt boot!

Moddingg es wird mir nur der Huawei Schriftzug angezeigt. Mehr passiert nicht!

post-1032056-14051684806678_thumb.jpg