Help! Persistent call connect problem & incomplete file copy/move issue in XT1033

Guest Sujit Mohanty

Guest Sujit Mohanty

I am facing network issues on my dual sim moto g (xt1033) almost since I bought i.e even when my device was on jellybean & now when I am on KitKat.

The issues I face are:

i. People are unable to reach my number/contact me almost 90-95% of the time. They tell me u were unreachable.

ii. Sometimes when they call, my phone rings for 3-4 times(only hearable to me) but the caller didn't hear any sound of the call getting placed/connected and phone ringing.

iii. while browsing data(both 2g/3g), network frequently drops. it doesn't show that it dropped. I get to know when the respective app shows that you have an internet connection failure (for e.g facebook)

Things I have tried to resolve but failed:

i. Flashed revolution g v3 brazilian stock rom and reflashed indian radio/baseband to overwrite it. got both sims working but "call connect" issue did not go.

ii.Swapped sims on both the slots. I use a BSNL 3g sim & an airtel 2g one. I noticed after swapping/may be restarting calls getting connected a bit sooner/proper than they did before. but a day after again same issue & it just doesn't seem to go.

Can anybody please tell what can be done to resolve this? Is this a hardware/software issue ? I get it irrespective of data switched on/off.

If everything fails I have no option but to convert my asian dual sim moto g into a european single sim xt 1032 as explained here http://forum.technofaq.org/discussion/53/moto-g-xt1033-turn-your-xt1033-dual-sim-into-an-xt1032-single-sim/p1 Since it's system version is 174.44.9, I believe it contains the network fix.

My current device stats:

Bootloader unlocked, rooted, stock indian firmware with philz cwm recovery

system version :  171.44.31.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.03

Build number : KXB20.25-1.31

Use 2 sims with both active

Update: Jun 1 2014

Have relocked the bootloader & downgraded to jellybean, still face the network issue

Facing a copy/move issue these days

After selecting all the files in the phone explorer (mtp mode) & trying to copy them to my win8.1 notebook the process automatically terminates/window vanishes midway. There's no error/warning thrown but all files do not get copied. I have tried to do the same thing but failed everytime. I tried to copy 6GB of files/folders. Everytime only 4GB gets copied & remaining (some folders with data) left out. why is this happening ? is this because they are being copied in mtp mode ?

Edited by Sujit Mohanty

Guest major9

I have the same problem. Sometimes calls appear on my screen but when I answer it no sound & same for calls I try to make. Only solution is a reboot.

My Bootloader is locked.

Guest Sujit Mohanty

I have the same problem. Sometimes calls appear on my screen but when I answer it no sound & same for calls I try to make. Only solution is a reboot.

My Bootloader is locked.

If ur device purchase date is >30 days, take it to a service centre asap & get it fixed. If ur device purchase date is <30 days. get it replaced from flipkart