[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

what is the size of update? zip file? download manager downloads till 4 mb and then says download completed

The update itself is not that big, I think its correct what download manager shows.

Guest LotR656

Thanks for good news about Facebook Lite. Like Luca said I can't believe there is a lite version. You should put announcement on your blog. I mean, great news for people who use budget phones.

Guest wbrambley

can someone tell me which rom is best for HD gaming? Ive tried AOSP mod, slimkat 9, and cm11. I cant tell the difference.

Try your games with GLTools, is on the market or there is an XDA version.

Guest komichal

This is by far the fastest ROM I have ever tried - faster than all these CM10 or CM11 despite the "old" Android. Nice!

One thing I was not able to figure out though - how can I edit the lock screen, especially the links on it? I have installed Opera browser and it automatically occupied the upper slot which I used to use for normal unlocking and it drives me crazy...

I tried to install the Holo launcher, it kind of fixed the problem at first sight but and it actually made my pain even worse - from time to time the original lock screen sneaks in (I do not know why) and this is extremely annoying as my phone lock screen became unpredictable.

Any help please?

Guest fartfire

This is by far the fastest ROM I have ever tried - faster than all these CM10 or CM11 despite the "old" Android. Nice!

One thing I was not able to figure out though - how can I edit the lock screen, especially the links on it? I have installed Opera browser and it automatically occupied the upper slot which I used to use for normal unlocking and it drives me crazy...

I tried to install the Holo launcher, it kind of fixed the problem at first sight but and it actually made my pain even worse - from time to time the original lock screen sneaks in (I do not know why) and this is extremely annoying as my phone lock screen became unpredictable.

Any help please?

I don't think its possible with the android version with this ROM. Ability to change lockscreen was a new feature introduced in KitKat AFAIK.

Guest komichal

@fartfire @krux3r Thanks guys. Is there at least a chance of killing this default lock screen once and for all? I have no problem in using the Holo Locker for example but whenever I press the power button twice for example then the old locker pops out...

@fartfire @krux3r Thanks guys. Is there at least a chance of killing this default lock screen once and for all? I have no problem in using the Holo Locker for example but whenever I press the power button twice for example then the old locker pops out...

Disable the original lockscreen from setting > security

That used to happen to me when I was using that Holo Locker, but because of low ram. About killing the original lockscreen, I really dont know what to say, I'll try to find the solution soon. :)

Guest mitchde

Great ROM!

Q: I had other CM11 ROM before and there was a feature that when i tripple tipp on the screen the screen is zoomed - great for reading some smaller text.

Setting text to bigger didnt help much and has negative effect by big text always.

How can i add this feature top this ROM? I habe xposed installed. Is there any xposed tool which do that?

Guest pesartom

3G usage will be no different than any other stock Huawei ROM. I've not adjusted anything that would cause battery issues.

3G always drains the battery faster than 2G. That's why battery saving tip guides for Android always suggest using 2G if you want to save battery. It's also why a 4G version of a phone will receive a larger battery than a 3G version.

If you have a poor 3G signal then it will drain faster as it's having to work harder to maintain it.

Stock based (AOSP MOD) will be better for gaming. HD gaming though? None of the ROM's will be good for HD gaming because the Y300/G510 is crap for gaming in general.

i've played a couple of hd games with y300: dungeon hunter 4, modern combat 4, nfs most wanted, ... (without or with a little amount of lag) i even tried real racing 3, it runs but sometimes has bad lags.

Guest fartfire

what zip i need to flash for swap?

synopsis kernel is installed.

zRam is bad on this rom,

Bad? What do you mean bad. I'm using Zram and the phone just seems to performing better like no longer does the launcher completely load from scratch.

Bad? What do you mean bad. I'm using Zram and the phone just seems to performing better like no longer does the launcher completely load from scratch.

I mean absence of perfomance in ram

Apps don't remain in ram.

What zip do you flash?