[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

I don't can go on my homescreen, bugged nova launcher

it occured after last update

what can i do?

Try to clear data of Nova Launcher, latest update didn't touch Nova

A friend of mine that got an Y300-0100 said that during last weeks, when he tries to install an xposed module (downloaded on the xposed installer) from the download app, it crashes. So i decided to do a full wipe and give it a test and i discovered that it happens to me too (in the past was not happening, i am 100% sure), it can be caused by some Google Play Services updates or what?, honestly, he doesn't care about this, he just wanted to report an issue, but if there isn't a way to fix that, doesn't matter.

Downloaded .apk's from any browser can be installed without a problem. Only xposed modules seems to be affected by that bug.

Using the version of Xposed that comes with the ROM? It should work. During my tests the other night I installed YouTube AdAway directly from Xposed's downloader and it worked.

and my poweramp also give an error :(

why this update crash so many apps?

Did you modify the ROM and any apps? The launcher shouldn't crash and PowerAMP might until a new media scan has been completed. There's no changes that should cause a permanent issue.

Edited by H3ROS

V4A driver wont install, every time after resetting phone it tells me to install it again....

Did you perform a fresh install? If you did then TWRP screwed it up and you need to reinstall the ROM. Odds are you're missing the soundfx folder from system/lib/soundfx due a bad install.

If you didn't do a fresh install then check to see if the soundfx folder exists. If it doesn't then that's probably why it's not working.

Edited by H3ROS

@H3ROS, i don't mean installing with the xposed downloader, but installing a module downloaded using the xposed downloader with normal download app

That's what I meant. It works fine for me 100% of the time and that's after a fresh install.

What I was asking you is if you installed the beta version of Xposed or used the preinstalled version.

That's what I meant. It works fine for me 100% of the time and that's after a fresh install.

What I was asking you is if you installed the beta version of Xposed or used the preinstalled version.

Preinstalled version of Xposed, the log says this: 

W/dalvikvm(29033): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x41e34438)

when Android asked us to choose between normal install and "verify and install using google service", we choosed and set to always use normal install.

Edited by fonz93

Preinstalled version of Xposed, the log says this: 

W/dalvikvm(29033): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x41e34438)

when Android asked us to choose between normal install and "verify and install using google service", we choosed and set to always use normal install.

I'm not sure what would cause it other then a bad install. TWRP seems to mess up the ROM often now and I don't know why. Like how for EdgeSRB the soundfx folder wasn't extracted, but it is in the ROM and if you format everything for a second time then it'll work.

I'm not sure what would cause it other then a bad install. TWRP seems to mess up the ROM often now and I don't know why. Like how for EdgeSRB the soundfx folder wasn't extracted, but it is in the ROM and if you format everything for a second time then it'll work.

Which version of TWRP do you use? i may need to try yours, i use 2.7.1.0

Which version of TWRP do you use? i may need to try yours, i use 2.7.1.0

2.7.0.2 is what I normally use but that randomly has the problem too. The other day I tried the latest version and that's even worse.

Guest juanpablocastillo

Is true. TWRP is messing things some times. The first time than I installed your ROM, it booted but, on first start configuration, when I touched the "Next" button, after 5 seconds, my phone suddenly rebooted. After that, all in the ROM crashed, rebooted on recovery, wiped data and restarted again. Result: Even worse, MORE things crashed (SystemUI, Google Services, and more) but Nova Launcher. Rebooted again, wiped all and installed again. Thanks to God, all was working fine. I was suspecting than I screwed the NAND. :O

Guest juanpablocastillo

I forgot say than I use TWRP 2.8.1.0 (or the "Last Know Good Build" :P ) on my Y300.

Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest H3ROS

Yeah, I honestly don't know the cause. I can only guess that maybe TWRP doesn't like the latest 7zip BETA with the compression level set to ultra? That or it's got a serious bug. It makes no sense to me either way since the files, folders and permissions are all correct.

Guest juanpablocastillo

Tomorrow I maybe will try latest CM 10.1 by fonz93 for test TWRP. If I do that, I will report it ASAP.

Guest farfix

Can I uninstall GMail app to use another email client as default?

It's a heavy app for me, and it fails sometimes showing me unread mails (I tested the app in several ROMS)

Great update, btw :)

PS: I don't have problems with the soundfx folder or Viper... (Installed using TWRP 2.7.1.0)

Edited by farfix

Guest H3ROS

Can I uninstall GMail app to use another email client as default?

It's a heavy app for me, and it fails sometimes showing me unread mails (I tested the app in several ROMS)

Great update, btw :)

PS: I don't have problems with the soundfx folder or Viper... (Installed using TWRP 2.7.1.0)

If you uninstall Gmail you might as well also uninstall exchange services too. But yes, with a root uninstaller you can uninstall the apps.

FYI if you're not getting notifications for some emails it's probably due to email categories and the settings for each.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest killadroid

i have no problem with twrp 2.8.4.0 only bug is the settings sometimes reset to default.anyway ROM is working really well thanx h3ros :)

Edited by killadroid

Guest juanpablocastillo

H3ROS, you tried to add HAVEGED number generator as an alternative to F-Random on the ROM? Is supposed to create better numbers than /dev/random - urandom, and, if I understand well, works on user-space instead of kernel-space, so it can work without change the kernel. I can't find a standalone binary of HAVEGED for Android, so I can't test it.

Guest evkol

I want to talk about something that has happened only with this rom (which is the only rom I've ever used and I find it awesome). What I mean to say is that the problem I'm going to describe has never happened on the Huawei original rom (B197 if I remember correctly).

Sometimes I reboot the phone and when I launch Whatsapp, it says the history is corrupted and that I have the possibility to restore the last (automatic) backup. It has happened after many reboots. To avoid it, I've tried closing Whatsapp app and wait some minutes and then reboot.. but that doesn't always solve the problem (kinda happens randomly). Sometimes, when I feel patience, I do a manual whatsapp backup before rebooting. What could be the problem? I've got the last version of this rom (15th Jan) and synopsis kernel. If you need more info, just tell me what :) thanks for your time.