[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest evkol

I gets this issue at random times even without rebooting in my huawei y 300 with original ROM (Not even rooted)

at one of those reboots, whatsapp kept failing at restoring the last backup (because of network problems.. it said.. why should it need network connectivity to restore a backup?) so it forced me to stop trying it and start with a fresh history. Since this incident, the problem disappeared. But yeah.. I lost all my chats. I copied the backups the app made in some other folders... maybe one day I will restore them in my pc with software like Whatsapp Exctract.

Guest krux3r

@H3ROS

Im just curious, is there a way to reduce the minimal brightness?

Sometimes at night when I use my phone, the screen is so bright to me, especially in Messenger which has a white background.

Edited by krux3r

Guest krux3r

Have you tried to say that out loud? :D

It is minimal because you can't go lower :P. I think you will get same answer from H.

Idk, H3ROS is smartest guy here xD.

And nice new profile photo :D

Guest H3ROS

Is possibile to have a xperia keyboard for our y300? I have an old version and is very beautiful and light.. :-)

Sure, if you find a compatible apk it'll work. There's normally a bunch of things on XDA.

@H3ROS

Im just curious, is there a way to reduce the minimal brightness?

Sometimes at night when I use my phone, the screen is so bright to me, especially in Messenger which has a white background.

There's the following apps.

http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.tonymanou.screenfilter

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.haxor

I sometimes use the Play Store one as I have the same issue with white apps being too bright at night.

Guest krux3r

Sure, if you find a compatible apk it'll work. There's normally a bunch of things on XDA.

There's the following apps.

http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.tonymanou.screenfilter

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.haxor

I sometimes use the Play Store one as I have the same issue with white apps being too bright at night.

Thank you very much bro! :)

Guest Takamoto

It would be nice to have that included in fluffy rom..ma is jb 4.1.2

Guest Takamoto

ame="Takamoto" post="2253062" timestamp="1425999463"]

JB 4.1.2..4.1.1....its the same

Same api level

Thank you.. I sent a message to @Dani2014 for give me the app extract from his fluffy rom..

Guest H3ROS

It might just be the APK file. I don't know if it'll need a few libs or not though.

Avoid the latest Nova Launcher beta by the way. It's noticeably laggy and from changing it's settings I've got it to force close 6 times now. Twice I had to use ADB to uninstall the beta update because it got caught in an error loop.

Guest krux3r

It might just be the APK file. I don't know if it'll need a few libs or not though.

Avoid the latest Nova Launcher beta by the way. It's noticeably laggy and from changing it's settings I've got it to force close 6 times now. Twice I had to use ADB to uninstall the beta update because it got caught in an error loop.

You saying about this new Material Design Beta?

Man I just wanted to install it, glad I saw your post :D

Guest Flea997

Yep i had crashes on cm10.1 i only saved by changing lock screen shortcuts in play store so i could open it and unistall nova

Guest H3ROS

You saying about this new Material Design Beta?

Man I just wanted to install it, glad I saw your post :D

Yeah, it's laggy (app drawer animations aren't smooth after an update) and very buggy.

If you reset the settings (clear app data) then it's smoother with the lollipop design, but the default settings make the dock icons too small. Text labels are also truncated. I'm really not a fan of Nova in it's current state :unsure:

Edited by H3ROS

Guest krux3r

Yeah, it's laggy (app drawer animations aren't smooth after an update) and very buggy.

If you reset the settings (clear app data) then it's smoother with the lollipop design, but the default settings make the dock icons too small. Text labels are also truncated. I'm really not a fan of Nova in it's current state :unsure:

As I saw on screenshots, I love it. But will see when it rolls out new update. Hope dev will fix some of those lags.

Guest H3ROS

It looks fine in the pictures, but when you install it it doesn't look the same until you clear app data. Once you do that though then you get the other layout bugs.

You can try it yourself, but create a full ROM backup first.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest krux3r

It looks fine in the pictures, but when you install it it doesn't look the same until you clear app data. Once you do that though then you get the other layout bugs.

You can try it yourself, but create a full ROM backup via first.

Nah man. I'll wait for the first stable release. And try out other betas and say your opinion here please. :)

Guest H3ROS

I'll keep trying it as it gets updated.

If they don't fix the legacy appearance slowdowns then I might retire this ROM and work on a LP theme. No promises on that though since it's a lot of work.

Guest krux3r

I'll keep trying it as it gets updated.

If they don't fix the legacy appearance slowdowns then I might retire this ROM and work on a LP theme. No promises on that though since it's a lot of work.

Thanks for that.

What are those slowdowns?

Guest H3ROS

I like the ROM to look like Jelly Bean, since that's what it is. So if the launcher can't be themed to still look like Jelly Bean then I won't update the app anymore. There's nothing for me to fix within the ROM anymore either, so I probably wouldn't publish anymore updates. I mean the ROM as it stands is perfect with no obvious bugs, right?

The only thing that would make the ROM look more modern would be a complete retheme. That's something I can do, but it's something that can take months. I don't know if it's worth putting time into that though because the Y300/G510 fanbass is only getting smaller as newer phones are released.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest ayhan4ik

Hello, I have watching and following the forum for a while, but just registered. I own Y300. Bought my phone year ago with stock rom B187 from UK. As my first smartphone, in the beginning was just awesome. But after about 1-2 months, many bugs and too much lag has appeared. As usual I have started deleting apps, factory reset once, but the same situation was remaining. Then I have readed about rooting. After easy root with KingoRoot and unlocking the bootloader with DC nlocker, I was able to delete system apps that I have never used, install Titanium backup and Rom Toolbox and update to B189. My phone was OK again. Used it like this about 7-8 months, and the lags started again. This time tried everything + custom rom of KitKat 4.4.4. Was Ok for couple of days but this time, my battery was draining for just hours witouth actually using my phone. Then I have surrender. Purchased new phone with 2GB of RAM and etc. Now waiting for it...

In the meantime, I was looking for solution for my Y300. Then I have found this "oasis". Wiped again everything and installed AOSP MOD by H3ROS...

No way... My phone was NEVER fast, NEVER smooth like this. Even the first time that I have bought the phone. It's like a magic.

Really fast with no bugs. If was found this wonderful rom two weeks ago, I wouldn't purchase a new phone. Anyhow. 

Please everyone, who has some problems with his phone to give a try to AOSP MOD B209.

It's unfortunate that H3ROS leaving this ROM development now, but he is right that there are new phones coming out everyday and he must concentrate to another projects.

Thanks a lot...

Edited by ayhan4ik

Guest krux3r

I like the ROM to look like Jelly Bean, since that's what it is. So if the launcher can't be themed to still look like Jelly Bean then I won't update the app anymore. There's nothing for me to fix within the ROM anymore either, so I probably wouldn't publish anymore updates. I mean the ROM as it stands is perfect with no obvious bugs, right?

The only thing that would make the ROM look more modern would be a complete retheme. That's something I can do, but it's something that can take months. I don't know if it's worth putting time into that though because the Y300/G510 fanbass is only getting smaller as newer phones are released.

You're totally right man, the rom is just perfect. About the theme, I dont want it, for me this looks great, and as you said, Y300 is gonna be old in a few years so why so much work on it.

Guest Flea997

You're totally right man, the rom is just perfect. About the theme, I dont want it, for me this looks great, and as you said, Y300 is gonna be old in a few years so why so much work on it.

*few months

Guest lomax84

Me also i don't like theme. Better to keep it simple and clean.

Better to concentrate in new ideas and new features, if the developer has time.