[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

How van i set the mtp by default ??

Add persist.sys.usb.conafig=mtp,adb in build.proprio doesn't work

Add the following line to the end of the 01extra init.d script

setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb

@ xxirioxx

You can install the update in the first post. It'll work for you :)

Guest H3ROS

I tested it before I posted. It works.

If you flashed the B200 kernel then that's why it doesn't work, since it needs init.d fixing.

Guest luca020400

I currently using your kernel ( cextel )

Tried build.prop tweaks and init.d tweaks but doesn't work

In slimstock for set mtp I use setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb && setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb in init.d script but here doesn't work

Guest H3ROS

Are you sure the changes are being saved? It's just that if you hold down on the home screen, select shortcuts, activities and then go to Settings and select USB computer connection (UsbSettings) you'll get access to the options. With that setting applied to 01extra it'll check MTP every time, even after a full reboot.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest xxirioxx

Add the following line to the end of the 01extra init.d script

setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb

@ xxirioxx

You can install the update in the first post. It'll work for you :)

Thank you! It works :)

Guest H3ROS

I guess that for some reason it's triggering too early sometimes, so add it to the end of init.qcom.post_boot.sh in /system/etc/ instead.

@ Y300-0100

I fixed init.d for the stock B200 kernel. It's using the same link as before on the previous page.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom-411-b200-aosp-mod/page-20#entry2216662

When using the stock kernel there should be absolutely no lag since it's been compiled by Huawei.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest kl4us

@ kl4us

It probably needs a language pack from the Play Store as I don't think the Google keyboard lists any asian languages.

yes i know that you can install an asian keyboard app... the question is if the font that is used in this rom is a unicode font which can also display asian characters by default. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by kl4us

Guest H3ROS

I just tested a few websites and installed one of the keyboards and it seems to display the characters fine.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest barnir

Having FC with MEO Drive (gps from portuguese company) just after opening it :\

after this the device becomes slower :\

Edited by barnir

Guest kl4us

I just tested a few websites and installed one of the keyboards and it seems to display the characters fine.

ok, thanks again ;)

Guest H3ROS

Having FC with MEO Drive (gps from portuguese company) just after opening it :\

after this the device becomes slower :\

I'll see if I can get an error log once I've finished up my frandom module for the stock B200 kernel.

Did I overlook the link to something like GIT? huh.png  (... because if you release the modified version to the public in some way, the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the program's users rolleyes.gif )

Guest H3ROS

The ROM? Can't be done since I've converted the stock B200 ROM back to AOSP and Huawei doesn't even provide the source for that. Everything I've done I've done by compiling AOSP and then copying smali changes over to remove Huawei code. So it's still built by Huawei, but I've simply undone some of their changes.

When it comes to the kernel it's the same CeXstel kernel with a few fixes. He'll be releasing an update when he's got some time (he contacted me and I told him what I'd done). I can't upload my source as I built it in a VM which I've since deleted. That's why I'm not pushing kernel updates, since I've got to start over on it.

@ barnir

The app requires a data connection to work. If you don't have one then it'll error because they've got poor error handling.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest barnir

@ barnir

The app requires a data connection to work. If you don't have one then it'll error because they've got poor error handling.

wierd cause i used it before without even connection to mobile internet or wi-fi and it worked, and now it just doesnt run and makes the phone run slow :\ any recomendation for gps use? this one was free :(

EDIT: idk why but i had kaspersky installed, removed it and the app runs now.

Edit2: it looks to be running well so the problem was with kaspersky :\

Edited by barnir

Guest H3ROS

If I compile another I'll be sure to do mirror my changes to github. Right now though I'm looking at compiling just the frandom.ko module for the stock kernel, but that's a little tricky. I've got the vermagic matching, but the config must be different because it gives a module_layout disagreement error. So it looks like the only option right now would be to compile the whole kernel and the whole set of modules via the 4.6.x-google 20120106 toolchain.

I've not actually checked, but I think that Huawei changes the kernel with each build. That would mean that the kernel sources for both the Y300 and G510 are out of date. Like for example the Y300 kernel is dated as the 19th of November 2013, yet the G510 got a whole new ROM version on the 13th May 2014. The kernel source for the G510 is dated as the 26th of June 2013 though, which can't be right.

@ barnir

Have you used it since May though as that's when it last got an update. Also keep in mind that a different Android version might trigger a bug in the app since most devs will target the latest version of Android.

I don't really use GPS, but Google Maps has navigation. Obviously you'd probably need to save the map for offline use prior to going out though.

Untested:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navfree.android.OSM.ALL

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mapfactor.navigator

Edit: I'm glad you figured it out. I guess maybe Kaspersky was doing something in the background. It would suck up memory for sure.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest torgo26

About lag: for me everything is working fine, except Chrome. Especially with 3g it stops working for about 10s. Doesn't react at all. This site is fast with stock browser but very slow with chrome. 

Thx for your work, I will stay on this rom.

Guest fonz93

i installed today this rom, is very reactive but i dont understand because reached olny around 7000 point on antutu

Which kernel do you use?

Guest thetonyxx

With H3ROS kernel i reached about 7800 in antutu

solved using ondemand governator

Edited by thetonyxx