[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest thetonyxx

Can I ask about swap...

because I use SwapDragonX by infernape763, but can't use.

so I need to use this, or don't need use ?

Now ram is too low, run system is slow.

dont use swap, is slow...

prefer zram whit synopsi kernel

Guest H3ROS

I don't use bluetooth calls, so, what is the best kernel for this ROM? Stock, synopsis or cexstel?

In your case I'd try the very latest version of Synopsis.

Can I ask about swap...

because I use SwapDragonX by infernape763, but can't use.

so I need to use this, or don't need use ?

Now ram is too low, run system is slow.

If you want to use swap or zRAM then you'll need to install a kernel that supports it, but that will break bluetooth for calls. Huawei is to blame for that.

The ROM as I provide it shouldn't be slow, but if you modify memory settings or use large apps then you'll probably run into problems.

Our phones only have 512MB of memory and about 119MB of that goes to the GPU, so Android only has around 393MB to work with. You'll end up with anywhere between 150MB to 50MB of free RAM most of the time which is fine in most cases since the low memory killer will keep things running smooth. You'll start running into issues though when you install apps like Dropbox, Skype, Facebook, Facebook chat and other large apps that have background services. There's then apps such as Chrome which can exceed the dalvik heap size and that'll cause the garbage collection to run often, which will cause slowdowns. That can be improved by increasing the heap size, but then each app will take up more memory and the LMK (low memory killer) will have to work more to free memory which can also cause slowdowns.

If you have a good class 10 SD card then using swap can work well, but if you don't then it could actually worsen your performance. zRAM on the other hand can be good, but it'll have an impact on your battery life. The recommended setting for zRAM is around 64MB to 50MB. Anything more than that can impact your performance as well as your battery life as it'll take more time to compress the memory.

Edit: The CeXstel kernel can give you 14MB more free RAM, but it does that by taking away memory from your GPU. That can result in some games running worse, lower quality video streams and smoothness issues. That's why I used the stock memory setting (393MB) for my own kernel before I switched to the stock kernel to fix calls made over bluetooth.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

A few people have said it's much better since I switched to the stock kernel. It seems fine my end too.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Romagnolo1973

Which version would you suggest?

If I remember well the last Cexstel with 100% working ZRam is 0.57, if you are not interested in this features the best is the last 0.62

Choosing between 407 mb or 393 depending how you use your Y300 as H3ROS said if you play heavy games or wtch movies is better the 393mb version (even if I think using our budget phone for games is not is job), if you are not gaming the 407mb is the state of art and in fact last version is only 407mb

Guest thetonyxx

A few people have said it's much better since I switched to the stock kernel. It seems fine my end too.

on b200 i dont flash another kernel 

what kernel you speak?

Guest SaurabhRCk

anyone played any heavy games like asphalt 8(may be asking too much! :P ) or dead trigger or any gfx intensive games?? 

Guest matteussz_

i flahed cexstel 0.62, but how do i get in the menu?

and adjust options?

You need to install Performance Control from XDA.

Guest wator

kernel tuner is better

You need to install Performance Control from XDA.

thanks wil try some stuff!!

Installed, i like Performance Controle bether, but the option for zram is called SDread ahead? of really ZRAM??

I am new to using ZRAM, where can i find some info how to use ore install/ adjust? ZRAM.

greetings

Edited by wator

Guest Sportfreunde

I'm gonna try Performance Control or Kernel Tuner or whatever. For now I'm not using any CPU control app because I'm worried that it'll slow down the CPU while the amount of battery saving is fairly minimal.  Free memory is far too low though, usually less than 90ish even with the same apps installed as on other roms and most of them hibernated with Greenify.

One little problem I have with wifi though....it doesn't connect automatically to an open wifi network or to a network which I'm registered on normally. Is there anything I can do so that it automatically connects to networks which are saved rather than me having to open up wifi and connect it manually?

Guest H3ROS

I might release a minor update soon. It'll revert Huawei's OOM value loading, adds a minor translation fix, makes Viper unkillable and I might also make the default minimum CPU frequency 196 MHz. I've still not decided on that last one because it can cause the UI to lag a little as the CPU frequency goes up.

@ Sportfreunde

I covered the memory stuff in this post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom-411-b200-aosp-mod/page-29#entry2217853

The ROM will use slightly more memory than the stock since it has hardware acceleration enabled.

Android won't connect automatically to open WiFi networks for security reasons. There's apps to change this behaviour, but I wouldn't recommend using them as it's an easy way to get passwords or personal information stolen. As for it connecting to known registered networks I guess that would depend on how strong the signal is as by default it'll ignore poor connections. It should connect after a minute if you've got a good signal though.

@ wator

zRAM is called just that. You'll only get the option displayed in performance control once you flash the latest Synopsis kernel, although I don't know if the app works with it correctly.

Set the zRAM size to 50MB.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest thetonyxx

I've still not decided on that last one because it can cause the UI to lag a little as the CPU frequency goes up.

for mè is better min freq 96mhz

Guest H3ROS

The stock kernel can't go that low. Also if you go that low then it will cause UI slowdowns from time to time, which is something I want to avoid. The stock settings work great though as the battery is already performing very well.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest lolletto

I have a problem when I use the FM radio and other applications together. Radio emits a strange buzzing and I have to restart it to stop the noise.

Guest fabyo

I have a problem when I use the FM radio and other applications together. Radio emits a strange buzzing and I have to restart it to stop the noise.

same problem, when i play candy crush and listen radio fm

Guest H3ROS

When you say other apps can you specify what apps? With the stock kernel I'm able to open and send email, chat via sms, view images in the gallery and even browse this website via the browser.

Playing games while listening to the radio isn't possible. The game requesting to output audio should turn off the radio much like it does for the YouTube app. It does that because it can't output both audio channels at the same time. It also does it because the CPU needs to do other stuff, which could cause audio distortion.