[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest matteussz_

I have AdAway and I update the hosts regularly. It's strange, because I can't log in until I reinstall the app (I get a "Cannot create account" message when I want to log in, I guess it's an android account like in the settings), but after that it works like a charm.

Guest fonz93

@H3ROS, what do you think about this new prop: "ro.enable.smart_trim=true"?, did you find some related changes in the framework?

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

@H3ROS, what do you think about this new prop: "ro.enable.smart_trim=true"?, did you find some related changes in the framework?

It already existed but wasn't previously used. Now it is but I've not noticed any differences.

On a different subject I think I'm going to have to do a bit of work to get USB connection modes saving and loading. I'll need to double check the USB behaviour with my other phone tomorrow, but I think the problem is that Huawei has made changes to the framework. The stock Huawei ROM will save and load your last used setting, but it automatically mounts the SD card to your PC. It has less notifications displayed too, which I don't think is the default Jelly Bean behaviour.

Guest H3ROS

It's definitely different. It mounting MTP on it's own I think is normal, but Huawei also mounts mass storage automatically which is a little dangerous. You're supposed to have the connect screen displayed that you currently see in this ROM, but Huawei have removed that so it's going to be a little tricky to fix it all.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Market88

Hi, i'm facing a bug, i connect the phone with USB cable to the PC, i tap on the screen to activate USB archive, system UI gives my an error and crashes. I'm using this rom (b209) and synopsis kernel 15/07

Guest H3ROS

Did you do a fresh install, all wipes and the double reboot? Also if you restored any data you didn't restore the apk too, right?

USB storage mounting shouldn't be a bug as it's the type of thing that would effect everyone.

Guest Market88

Hi, i'm facing a bug, i connect the phone with USB cable to the PC, i tap on the screen to activate USB archive, system UI gives my an error and crashes. I'm using this rom (b209) and synopsis kernel 15/07

Everything solved with a second reboot

[...] I'll need to double check the USB behaviour with my other phone tomorrow, but I think the problem is that Huawei has made changes to the framework. [...]

... not only to the framework *cough* rolleyes.gif

The kernel's USB & Android Gadget drivers are ... "customized" ... a lot, too sleep.png

Guest H3ROS

Yeah, I've noticed. That's not really a surprise with Huawei is it? They seem to change a lot and a lot of the time the changes don't make any sense.

Huawei made their own USB receiver that displays a screen with MTP, PTP and mass storage when you plug in a USB cable. The problem with that is that it's not the AOSP behaviour, so I don't want to copy Huawei's changes into my AOSP settings. I also don't like how if you last used mass storage then it'll automatically mount it again without warning the user to correctly unmont the partition in Windows, Linux or Mac. It's just very poorly done.

My options right now are to copy Huawei's changes and then fix the behaviour or to strip out everything and get the code from CM10.

Guest sueboy

Have I question about partition?

partition: system, data, cache, sd card (inside),  sd card ext

This rom use "sd card ext " to "sdcard0", sd card (inside) to "sdcard1", so question is :

1、usually inside rom is faster than sd card ext ? If Yes, use sd card ext to sdcard0 is not good idea. Because now my app install on sd card ext by default, so become slow.... Before use other rom, use sd card (inside) to sdcard0, so app can open quickly. Movie, pictures put on sd card ext.

2、cache have some space, If not swap (I check nver use),  why can not free space for other partition(data、sdcard0) ?

3、I install this rom finish, now install some app, general use. ram less than 5x~6x MB....   I use cm11, ram can 1xx mb, this problem is for stock ? I think maybe install too much app. But when I use cm11 change this rom, then install same apps. So now feel very slow....sometime click one app, need wait very long time....or halt......

some question hope get answer. Thank you.

Guest H3ROS

1. I made a partition change with the last update due to a suggestion from fonz93. ro.emmc.sdcard.partition=18 got changed to ro.emmc.sdcard.partition=19, but I've not checked what impact this has as a whole. I believe his own ROM has been using it and nobody reported any issues, so I used his suggestion. Maybe fonz93 can better explain the reason why it's changed.

2. You can't adjust the size of the partitions. You can link partitions, but it's not recommended to do it.

3. It depends on the number of background services you have running. Keep in mind that KitKat can run on devices with 512MB of RAM, but Jelly Bean has been squeezed on by OEM's. And we actually have less than 512MB of ram since over 100MB of it's given to the GPU. So the only way to boost things is by using zRAM or SWAP.

More on memory: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom-411-b200-aosp-mod/page-29#entry2217853

Guest Vule991

Google play services prevents the phone to go into deep sleep. I wipe cache for all apps (dalvik, cache partition), but it has big impact on battery drain - `11h 45 min in 21h on battery time.

Guest H3ROS

For me it's currently sleeping correctly, so I'll make one suggestion. If you have anything to do with GPS enabled then disable it.

Google Play Services seems to constantly be an issue across various devices lately. It also sucks up a lot of RAM, but it's required for most of the Google apps to even function <_<

Guest fonz93

The ROM is using sd card ext as sd card0 because the prop of sd primary is set to "external_sd", that's means that the ROM uses sd ext as primary.

The change i suggested to H3ROS is to fix an Huawei bug, if you check the partition table the sd internal is the n°19, but for the prop Huawei uses the n°18, but the n°18 is /data

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

Ah yes, that's something else. It's set to use the external_sd for most things because that's what most people seem to want. They want more storage for their apps and for everything to default to the SD card, so that's what happens. Of course most apps are installed to the system memory though, but the user has the option to move apps that support it to their SD. That can impact performance a little, but that totally depends on how good a users SD card is.

Guest Romagnolo1973

Just a suggestion for people that need more free ram, use this launcher APUS

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apusapps.launcher

I sue AOSP in a "slim" mode so I have some apps disabled but ... at the moment i have 230mb ram free, i have never seen this value.

Compared to Nova I think it use 50% less ram.

if i can describe it: is what EmotionUI shold be and is not :-)

As EmotionUI all the apps are displayed in the home page

As EmotionUI they are not icons but is the application showed so if you put a program in the recyclebin it will be uninstalled.

I have disableb Nova and I continue testing this new launcher.

I inform people here just in case someone would try something light and partially solve the ram issue.

Guest fonz93

Does it have an APP-Drawer?

As EmotionUI all the apps are displayed in the home page

As Romagnolo1973 said, it doesn't have an app-drawer

Guest wator

Ola.

phone gets a bit laggy, i think too much ram is used,

normal i have like 55mb/ 75mb left.

don't have any games installed.

I notice google.service have 3 process, is that normal?

does a cache swap helps? ore is that something else?

(if i do a cache swap, in TWRP? do i lose apps?, data? or is it save to do?)

)Screenshot_2014-07-18-09-30-45.png

Guest Domino2115

Hi, I have problem, I cant watch my photos or listen music because it cant load it from sd card or i dont know what happend.post-1030873-14056715183254_thumb.jpg

Guest Romagnolo1973

Hi, I have problem, I cant watch my photos or listen music because it cant load it from sd card or i dont know what happend.attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-07-18-10-17-03.png

I think your media scan service is not working or is not started the first time you instal the rom

Use this helpfull app Rescan Media Root https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.addz.mediascannerroot&hl=it

You can use it for stop but even enable media scan so open it and chose re-enable media scan, then restart your phone and wait some minuts and see if problem is solved. If solved and your media are indexed you can stop media scan using the app so you can have a little bust in battery life.

Ola.

phone gets a bit laggy, i think too much ram is used,

normal i have like 55mb/ 75mb left.

don't have any games installed.

I notice google.service have 3 process, is that normal?

does a cache swap helps? ore is that something else?

(if i do a cache swap, in TWRP? do i lose apps?, data? or is it save to do?)

)Screenshot_2014-07-18-09-30-45.png

You are using so much app and problably heavy apps as skype, facebook, whatsapp ...

I have a slim AOSP with some apps and service disabled and I have 200-150 mb ram free.

For example you don't need Recent App Cleaner because is integrated in the gravity box setting, just use it and it cost zero ram

Guest wator

You are using so much app and problably heavy apps as skype, facebook, whatsapp ...

I have a slim AOSP with some apps and service disabled and I have 200-150 mb ram free.

For example you don't need Recent App Cleaner because is integrated in the gravity box setting, just use it and it cost zero ram

ola, thanks for the quick answer

i have installed, whatsapp, dropbox and instagram, 9gag 

don't have facebook and skype.

where can i find the recent app cleaner in gravity box, i now use 1 from xposed installer!