[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest Romagnolo1973

My gravity is in italian so the name could be different but open gravity and scroll till the end there is a various setting, open it and the 2 first item are concernig recent apps and how to set the purge cleaner (i have set click to purge all except the on screen app, long presso to purge everything),  Now if in Gravity - Physical button setting the long press for home is set as default, when you press home button long, will appear recent app list and you can purge all of them using the purge button long press.

Guest Domino2115

I think your media scan service is not working or is not started the first time you instal the rom

Use this helpfull app Rescan Media Root https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.addz.mediascannerroot&hl=it

You can use it for stop but even enable media scan so open it and chose re-enable media scan, then restart your phone and wait some minuts and see if problem is solved. If solved and your media are indexed you can stop media scan using the app so you can have a little bust in battery life.

dont work :/

Guest Romagnolo1973

if your file manager correctly view your SD Card as SD0 and the internal memory as SD1 the rom is ok and the issue is something that deny MediaScan, are you using some tools ad Xprivacy, System CleanUp, Disable Service or Greenify pro? 

Guest Domino2115

if your file manager correctly view your SD Card as SD0 and the internal memory as SD1 the rom is ok and the issue is something that deny MediaScan, are you using some tools ad Xprivacy, System CleanUp, Disable Service or Greenify pro?

Nope just fb messenger,tapatalk,youtube and apps which are already installed

Guest torgo26

The hint in slimstock thread to change the sd read ahead settings helped me a lot. Since I changed it to 128k everything runs perfect. Even Chrome is stable. No more lags. Although I have a class 10 sd card. I thought this should be fast enough... 

You should put this in your faq. 

Edited by torgo26

Guest ZolaIII

It's not a hint & it will not help with big apss or anything else. He3ros just exaggerate with read ahead cache & that did narrow write performance to the ground especially random write. The values I really can recommend are 256 KB like Castle did use or 512 KB as I am using more than that will simply kill write performance & just a little bit rise block read performance. You can easily check this with Andro bench and using those values. This won't do any magic trick that you're phone suddenly starts to fly! Remember you need more that random performance be good then block and you need more read performance then write bat not at all cost! I won't go more technical.

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest H3ROS

Unrelated to the last few posts, but I think there's a bug in Huawei stock ROM's. Basically when you select to use a specific USB mode and then reboot the setting isn't reloaded. The function to save the preference to settings.secure is there but it's as if something else is setting it back to UMS. I've checked the whole framework and I can't see what's doing it, but I can see plenty of stuff in the kernels ramdisk that could cause it.

Edit: I checked the ramdisk and changed some settings but it still does it. So for that reason I give up on it for now as it's a waste of my time. MTP works, but you simply can't set it as the default. That's the behaviour of the Huawei stock ROM's too, so it's not really a fault with my ROM.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Romagnolo1973

O don't know, you are the only one with this issue 

Backup on TWRP your data folder, check this backup is on SD and not into internal memory, then made all wipe except sd, install rom, restore your data and made a wipe cache and wipe dalvik

Hoping was a problem in rom installation and this can solve

Guest H3ROS

@ Domino2115

That's a Huawei stock ROM, right? I can see the Huawei icons for everything which is something that this ROM doesn't use.

If the stock ROM isn't rescanning your media then your SD card might be the problem.

Guest Domino2115

@ Domino2115

That's a Huawei stock ROM, right? I can see the Huawei icons for everything which is something that this ROM doesn't use.

If the stock ROM isn't rescanning your media then your SD card might be the problem.

yea but it also happend me on your rom everything was okay on b200 but after you repack it on b209 it dont scan :/ any way to fix it?

edit: i tried cm11 and everything was okay, i could watch photos and listen music

Edited by Domino2115

Guest H3ROS

Between B200 and B209 there was no media related changes, so I'm not sure why you'd have any issues. Also if you restore a backup then everything to do with my ROM gets wiped away, so it should be working for you. If it's not then I can only guess that your SD card is either too full for stock based ROM's or that your recovery isn't correctly wiping all information away.

Guest Domino2115

Between B200 and B209 there was no media related changes, so I'm not sure why you'd have any issues. Also if you restore a backup then everything to do with my ROM gets wiped away, so it should be working for you. If it's not then I can only guess that your SD card is either too full for stock based ROM's or that your recovery isn't correctly wiping all information away.

Just stock gallery/music player dont wantto load files, with quickpic and poweramp no problems

Guest H3ROS

Hi, is it possible to have the apk of your dialer/call screen? thanks

It likely won't work on anything but my ROM. They're resigned and link to my SystemUI for the 2G/3G selection option to work. I think both APK's can be found from the smaller update pack.

@ Domino2115

Enable the file manager to display hidden files and delete any .nomedia files located in the same folder as your pictures or music. That's the only thing I can think of.

Guest E-Wald

This rom really rocks... i have it running for 2 days now (switched from Carbon 4.4.4), and it´s fantastic. Stable, excellent performance and no battery drains.

Just some thoughts... would it be possible to include KK (aosp) SMS messaging app? I really miss the new emojis. I use hangouts now for SMS messaging, but the original SMS app is much more lightweight in my opinion. The other thing I am missing is the possibility to change the colour and the frequency of the messaging led light. I have discovered a setting in GravityBox but it is only for the paid version. Is there another way to change the messaging led colour and frequency as comfortable like it is in the Carbon/AOSB based 4.4. Roms?

And the last thing, can I somehow change the vibration intensity for keyboard and navigation? Carbon has a nice feature to reduce the vibration intensity. Is there any way to reduce the intensity in the B209 AOSP MOD?

But beside that, thanks for a really great Rom for this device. It´s really great. :wub:

Guest fonz93

@ E-Wald

Features:
- Messaging (Android 4.4.2)

I have all the features you mentioned (led colour and frequency of led light)

Guest H3ROS

Jelly Bean doesn't actually include them coloured emoji's unfortunately as they're new to Android 4.3. You can get them newer emojis in specific apps that support it, so in this case it'd be Hangouts or maybe something like EvolveSMS.

As fonz93 pointed out, the messaging app has been upgraded to the Android 4.4.2 version and that allows you to change the LED colour and it's timing. There's also a setting for emojis, although they're not the Google set seen in Hangouts.

In AOSP there's no vibration intensity option, although I'll take a look later to see if the option can be added to the ROM. I can't make any promises though as it might require changes that can't be made to the ROM.

Guest E-Wald

Forget about the emojis. Don´t know why, now I have them in the standard SMS app. I am stupid. *goes into corner of the room and puts on donkey hat* :blush:

I think the emojis i can use in the original SMS app came with hangouts. Those are the same I knew from any 4.4. based rom.

It´s really the best ROM for Y300. Thank you again for this fantastic rom!

Edited by E-Wald

Guest E-Wald

In AOSP there's no vibration intensity option, although I'll take a look later to see if the option can be added to the ROM. I can't make any promises though as it might require changes that can't be made to the ROM.

Thank you so much. In Carbon there was an option under Device Tweaks in the Settings.

Edited by E-Wald

Guest E-Wald

@ E-Wald

I have all the features you mentioned (led colour and frequency of led light)

I am ashamed. You are absolutely right. I will return to the corner with donkey hat on. thank you for the hint.

Guest Romagnolo1973
I made some speed test with my SD (take note that Sd Smartphone performance are poor if compared whit SD test on PC card reader)
SD Tested: 32GB Ultra by Sandisk one of the best seller class 10 in the market http://www.sandisk.it/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-with-adapter/?capacity=32GB
Test Device: Huawei Y300 Rom AOSP last build, Kernel Synopsys but I think kernel not affect the test so will be the same with stock kernel or cexstel.
Metodology: Switch between read ahead value using Performance Control, reboot device, check if the new value is set and then made 3 test (or more) for every read ahead value. 
128 KB --> Average Write 6,3 - Read 19,4 MB/s
256 KB --> Average W 5,5 - R 21,4
512 KB --> Average W 5,3 - R 24,7
1024 KB --> Average W 6,1 - R 29
2048 KB --> Average W 6,9 - R 29,3 I have made more than 10 test with solid results min 28 and max point of 31 in one case
3072 KB --> Awerage W 6,7 - R 29 It seems the best in some case but is not costant, sometimes Read is 30,8 and sometimes 26, write range between 6 and 7,6, delta from a test to another is too hight
4096 KB --> Awerage W 6 - R 28

Conclusion: for my SD the best performance peack is reached sometimes at 3072 kb setting but is not so constant, so the winner is 2048 kb, because give me a solid result and often better than 3072 set. 
But one thing is sure, change from 128 KB cache to a bigger value improove SD speed read but we have to test our SD because result vary for sure changing class, brand or producer and even the size of the SD ( Sandisk Ultra 8 giga is faster than 16 that is faster than 32, this appens in SSD disk too) so everyone have to test his SD card, but IMHO 2048 setting is in general a good value for every sd.
Edited by Romagnolo1973

3072 KB --> Awerage W 6,7 - R 29 It seems the best in some case but is not costant, sometimes Read is 30,8 and sometimes 26, write range between 6 and 7,6, delta from a test to another is too hight

There were ppl on XDA doing the same tests you just did. The result was the same: 3072 KB seems to be the "best" value for an Class 10 external SDcard cool.png

Guest thetonyxx

( Sandisk Ultra 8 giga is faster than 16 that is faster than 32, this appens in SSD disk too)

i have ever known that  morelarger = more faster

not you confused?