[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest StewieTech

Awesome. Everything working fine, fast, good batery, portuguese status bar love. Well done, thanks.

edit: OP, in first post you mention a improved cextel kernel by you, but there is no download link; do you mean the kernel that comes with the rom is a improved version of cextel or...?

Edited by StewieTech

Originally it was, but I removed it so that I could give 100% stability. If you're looking for a custom kernel then I'd recommend the Synopsis kernel anyway as I don't plan on working on my own kernel at the moment.

It requires an edit to the framework-res apk file. Once decompiled the file you need is arrays.xml and you're looking for config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues and config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValuesDown.

The brightness is one of them things that people will have different opinions on. Some will say it's too dull and some will say that it's perfect. Previously it didn't go all the way down to the minimum and now it does, so it ends up saving even more power in the process. And of course I now find that it strains my eyes less if I'm sitting in a dark room.

Personally I'd just enable the statusbar brightness control option in GravityBox. A quick swipe left or right at the top of your screen will then always allow you to get the best brightness level for you.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest xxirioxx

Thank you! I know, now it's better ;) But it can reach the perfection XD I don't like gravitybox feature... I hate wasting time choosing the correct value :D

Guest xxirioxx

I installed lux meter and I can say your level regolation is perfect ;) It's a sensor problem. It misures only 7 lux levels: 10, 225, 320, 640, 1280, 2600, 10240. There is a big gap from 10 and 225 lux so a dark place and a place where there is a little bit of light are considered in the same way. Maybe we can increase "10 lux" value but I think it will be too bright in dark rooms :D Maybe I'll try it some day, but not now, as I said, is very difficult to improve your work :)

EDIT: Just tried two scenarios moving a lamp near brightness sensor:

1) 10 lux -> 225 lux -> 320 lux: at each step, brightness is increased perfectly. The inverse process doesn't change the brightness when there are 225 lux:

2) 320 lux (good brightness is set) -> 225 lux (the brightness remains the same, so it's a bit too high) -> 10 lux (brightness is set to minimal values, as expected)

So why 225 lux level is ignored when moving to a darker place? I hope to find a question after dinner :D

EDIT 2: I finally decompiled the apk and found the problem, I don't know why huawei uses two configurations: one when you move from a dark place to a bright place, another one when you move from a bright place to a dark place. The first is called config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues, the second is called config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValuesDown.

Dark to Bright     Bright to Dark
1                  1
54                 112
112                112
112                112
112                255
112                255
255                255

That's the answer to my previous question :D

I'll try my own values and I'll let you know ;)

Edited by xxirioxx

Guest xxirioxx

H3ROS, I don't know how to recompile :( Can you di it for me please? Here there are the values for a Samsung Galaxy S phone, you can see it has a more accurate sensor: https://android.googlesource.com/device/samsung/tuna/+/ceabccf60bbda319eba97059fcddb6df52484e45/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml. Here there are my changes.

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues">
        <item>10</item>
        <item>50</item>
        <item>70</item>
        <item>90</item>
        <item>110</item>
        <item>130</item>
        <item>220</item>
	<item>250</item>
    </integer-array>

I changed min value from 1 to 10 and changed the other values using Samsung-like values but lowered a bit ;)

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues">
        <item>100</item>
        <item>0</item>
        <item>0</item>
        <item>0</item>
        <item>0</item>
        <item>0</item>
        <item>0</item>
        <item>0</item>
    </integer-array>

I lowered key light too, from 255 to 100, I think 255 is too much :)

config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValuesDown is equal to config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues:

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValuesDown">
        <item>10</item>
        <item>50</item>
        <item>70</item>
        <item>90</item>
        <item>110</item>
        <item>130</item>
        <item>220</item>
	<item>250</item>
    </integer-array>

According to linked documentation, arrays should have size one greater than the size of the config_autoBrightnessLevels array.

Please can you apply the changes and compile it for me? Or, if you don't want to do it... can you tell me how to do? Thank you :)

Edited by xxirioxx

Guest Picvajzmen

Turn it of in the build prop, switch from 1 to 0.

Guys im having trouble with Gtavitybox, its giving me the Unfortunately Gravitybox has stoped message every time...

I did all the wipes ofcourse

Edited by Picvajzmen

Guest fonz93

Turn it of in the build prop, switch from 1 to 0.

Guys im having trouble with Gtavitybox, its giving me the Unfortunately Gravitybox has stoped message every time...

It's a problem of latest GravityBox version, H3ROS included the fixed one in latest ROM .zip, take it from there or from GravityBox thread on xda (LINK), the latest version shown in Xposed doesn't work with android 4.1

Is there a way to tirn off camera sound?

After update i have two camera apps, you too?

Search for this line in build.prop: "ro.camera.sound.force=1" and change it to "ro.camera.sound.forced=0"

Edited by fonz93

Guest Picvajzmen

Oh,now i know what i did. I reinstaled the gravitibox after flashing his rom and thats why its not working.. i reinstaled it because it didnt colour the clock the same colour as batery and other status bar icons..

thanks a lot fonz

Guest fonz93

@fonz93

So newest GravityBox(3.4.1) doesnt work with 4.1.1?

As mentioned 2 post before yours, no, follow the XDA link or extract from H3ROS full ROM .zip

Can you add the download icon animated ??

I'm pretty sure it's normal for AOSP not to have an animated icon. I just checked with a 4.1.1 and 4.2.2 virtual device and neither of them had an animated icon while downloading a file.