[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Hi.

First: thanks a lot for this ROM!

Second: just my two cents suggestion.

What about removing all the google apps letting everyone free to choose between gapps pico, micro etc... from xda?

I think the result would be a cleaner rom.

Anyway this is great, so continue to support it!

Guest talenat92

will try the new update,but for me the rom was smooth even without it :)

how can i instal a newer version of nova launcher? can i use app like root uninstaler to remove the curent version and then instal new one/

Guest talenat92

when i try to instal a newer version of nova it says it is in conflict and wont install...

also,if somone could explain a bit more about setting the min values of ram if new tweak is enabled? and is there any befit of using swap dragon over using some other app to create swap partition? and last question,is there any real benefit on using swap? one obvious i can see is that a few games that wont run without swap do run whit it

sorry for all the qustions :)

EDIT: damn,i forgot a few :D is there any benefit if i instal zipaling,fstream scripts? or make this rom odexed? 

Edited by talenat92

What about removing all the google apps letting everyone free to choose between gapps pico, micro etc... from xda?

I mentioned this to moddingg33k the other night as I've actually been toying with the idea of doing a lite version of the ROM. I'd remove Android Firewall, Gmail, Google Search, Google Play Services, News & Weather, Shuttle, ViPER4Android FX and YouTube. They're all apps that can be downloaded and easily installed again, but they suck up a lot RAM at times.

I'm not sure how much interest people would have in a slimmed down version. Honestly though I've found that if you remove most of the Google apps that you can download via the Play Store then you can have over 200MB of free RAM. The biggest slowdown seems to come from Google Play Services and Google Search constantly taking 8MB+ of RAM.

@H3ros

Can we install the new update withoout wiping cache/dalvik just as the previous one?

The update will wipe the caches for you.

This is what i was looking for 1 year, this is a very nice surprise, thank you

It's better than it was that's for sure. I found what was causing it by accident too :P

Great improvement! I noticed there's a new framework-res.apk included, what are autobrightness values you used?

You can delete it. Update 8 includes update 7 since update 7 wasn't released all that long ago.

Is it possible to use these new tweaks on stock b209 rom?

Not without a lot of editing, which is something that I'm not going to do.

when i try to instal a newer version of nova it says it is in conflict and wont install...

also,if somone could explain a bit more about setting the min values of ram if new tweak is enabled? and is there any befit of using swap dragon over using some other app to create swap partition? and last question,is there any real benefit on using swap? one obvious i can see is that a few games that wont run without swap do run whit it

sorry for all the qustions :)

EDIT: damn,i forgot a few :D is there any benefit if i instal zipaling,fstream scripts? or make this rom odexed? 

You don't need to install zipalign or any TRIM scripts as the ROM already does it all. Often these performance boosting scripts you see on XDA are a load of crap. They're all just copying and pasting tweaks that were originally used for Froyo, Gingerbread or ICS.

If you odex the ROM then updates won't work for you anymore. There's also little to gain other than boot speed the first time you power on the phone.

SWAP can help a little but it depends on the speed of your SD card. It also depends on the size of the SWAP file.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest rgs_rgs

I mentioned this to moddingg33k the other night as I've actually been toying with the idea of doing a lite version of the ROM. I'd remove Android Firewall, Gmail, Google Search, Google Play Services, News & Weather, Shuttle, ViPER4Android FX and YouTube. They're all apps that can be downloaded and easily installed again, but they suck up a lot RAM at times.

I'm not sure how much interest people would have in a slimmed down version. Honestly though I've found that if you remove most of the Google apps that you can download via the Play Store then you can have over 200MB of free RAM. The biggest slowdown seems to come from Google Play Services and Google Search constantly taking 8MB+ of RAM.

H3ROS, I would be quite interested in this lite ROM. I think that it could be a great idea.

By the way I've got a question regarding other things. I know Antutu scores shouldn't be considered as a performance comparison. But I've been doing some test with other ROMS (CM10.1 by fonz and AOSPA by luca). The other ROMS score about 11000 while AOSP-MOD 9500. I have been looking the main difference and it's in the Storage I/O field. My question is, Which is the responsible for this performance? Are responsible I/O schedulers in the kernel or in the ROM side?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Antutu changed some things a little while back and now newer versions of Android get a score boost where as previously this ROM scored better than anything. So what did they change? I'm not sure.

I disabled an SD card tweak for class 10 cards a little while back so that the ROM would perform better for people without a class 10 card. The kernel of course can have an impact too, so I'd look at what IO scheduler CM10.1 uses.

moddingg33k is working on a kernel that's supposed to boost performance a little. I've not tested it in a benchmark yet though and he's still busy getting things just right.

Don't let the score discourage you by the way. Under actual usage it's not noticeable and games and codecs still perform best on stock.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest xxirioxx

I just tried the new update :) I don't believe I'm using a cheap 100€ Y300 smartphone :D It's amazing! :) Thank you :)

PS: I think you should consider using autobrightness values you compiled for me, maybe other users will prefer them :)

@H3ROS

I found a Google Keyboard update on one forum, should I update it by downloading from there or there will be an official update on Play Store?

post-1040382-14135377022941_thumb.jpg

Edited by krux3r

I think that the version you described would be sooooo good since we do not have so much ram!

With that rom you would satisfy everyone!!

Anyway, again, thanks for your time spent on this rom!

Guest sale385

I disable google services whit app disable services,and i can still download apps from play store,but i can't use gmail and youtube.

Sorry i freezy google play services whit sd maid.

Edited by sale385

Guest LotR656

You cant disable anything. You can disable one thing and everything could works fine. But suddenly you will want to find something in your phone quick and you will get some crash or something. You will be mad then bla bla.

Believe me, dont disable anything. You will lose a lot of features.

Edited by LotR656

@H3ROS

Is Google Play usable without Google Services?

The Play Store is usable without Google Play Services, but Gmail and YouTube require it. There's alternate software you can install to work around that problem though.