[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest Craig846

I've been using this ROM on my G510 for about a week having tried sticking with the various Kitkat ROM's over the last year. I've got to say, I'm definitely impressed! The speed & battery life are fantastic & (with several of the Apps updated to look like Kitkat versions) I haven't found anything that I'm missing (apart from coloured Kitkat emojis - but I can live without them!).

This is definitely a vast improvement over the Kitkat ROMs for our phone & I've already swapped over my wife & daughter's Y300's as well after they saw how much more responsive my phone was!

With regards the extra installed Apps, I think it's good to have ES File Explorer, but I could do without Android Firewall & Google News & Weather (I'm still getting used to shuttle, but like it so far).

Thanks H3ROS for an excellent ROM.

Guest LotR656

Hi,

Can anyone play this game on this ROM? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninjakiwi.sasza4&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dsas+4&pcampaignid=APPU_BPBgVJ-ICamS7Aau5ICoBA

I only get black screen with sound in background. This game works on kitkat ROMs, but not on this. I tried with GLtools, but when I enable it I miss some important features.

Also I tried synopsis and caextel kernel and nothing. Is it kernel related or something else? Will chill360's kernel be able to play this game?

Edit: fixed.

Edited by LotR656

Guest TheFixerMED

I have noticed that the battery percentage, after a heavy use of the phone, it calibrate itself. Like is in 28% and after a while it goes back to 46%

Its part of the rom or its because i havent used battery calibration?

Guest LotR656

I have noticed that the battery percentage, after a heavy use of the phone, it calibrate itself. Like is in 28% and after a while it goes back to 46%

Its part of the rom or its because i havent used battery calibration?

I have that thing when I put charger in phone and restart it. But it is ok for me, not a big deal.

Why i can't update my apps in play store???

Clear data and try again.

I have did clear data on google play service and google play store but still can't update apps

Error pop up like this

Clear all entries on the hosts file. It can be found on /etc/hosts. You can also try deleting that file.

Guest matteussz_

Clear all entries on the hosts file. It can be found on /etc/hosts. You can also try deleting that file.

It has nothing to do with this error, luca's solution is the correct one.

Hi guys. I just figured out something. Someone said that there is no download animation in status bar, but, it is only when the download icon is on the far left of the status bar, if it is not, it will be animated. Look:

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-11-09-12-15-38.png

@krux3r Are you using an older version of Facebook Messenger?

How many people think that Android Firewall, ES File Explorer, Shuttle and maybe YouTube should be installed as easily uninstallable apps by default rather than system apps? I think going forward I'll remove Google News & Weather and Google Search since both of these apps aren't important and can be downloaded from the Play Store.

Keep in mind that apps that aren't installed as system apps will go missing if you reset your device or wipe your data via recovery. That's why it's sometimes better to always have a file manager on the system partition, but of course everyone has their preferred file manager so it's not possible to please everyone.

@H3ROS

Actually I uninstall Youtube, Shuttle, Google Search and News apps because they are useless for me.

I use Mixplorer as Root Explorer (very light file manager), but I keep ES File Explorer because it has a GIF Viewer and AOSP's Gallery doesn't support animated GIF :(

@farfix

Yes I am. Because two reasons, it works better and its smaller, and uses little less ram. And it looks better for me.

Oh, that's good :)

@krux3r Can you provide me a link for your version?

Or can you tell me which version is? :)

Oh, that's good :)

@krux3r Can you provide me a link for your version?

Or can you tell me which version is? :)

Youre the 4th person asking me for that version xD

So, its 2.7.2, here is a link: dw5.en.uptodown.com/dw/1415734832/5b40927a25006057ef3f23d46db0109360b16161/facebook-messenger-2-7-2-release-es-en-br-fr-de-it-jp-android.apk

Enjoy:)

Edited by krux3r

Guest pepeelectronico00

Hi, sorry for my english

i flash whit this ROM, but now i can´t conect to PC like a Masive USB, only can connect like MTP or Camera,

anyone can tell me if is a Setting problem o driver problem???

thank's for the support.

BTW, is amazing this ROM, fast and stable

edit.

sorry

i found the problem

Edited by pepeelectronico00

I've released the revised version of the ROM. There's no fixes as everything works, so there's little point in anyone applying update 10 unless you speak Italian.

Edited by H3ROS

After the update( fresh install) the soft touch keys are not backlit

They're not supposed to be if there's enough light around you. If you're in the dark then they'll light up. You can test for youself my turning off the screen, coverting the light sensor (top left of the phone) and then powering the screen back on and unlocking the phone.

@H3ROS Would fresh installing wipe all of my partition especially /data?

Yes. It wipes everything.

@killadroid

Go to Nova settings and enable hotword detection.