[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

The good news is that my bluetooth headphones were delivered today. The bad news is that they work perfectly in calls and with audio in general. I thought for sure that me buying a cheapish (£11.90) pair with the same spec would have the same issue, but they actually sound good once I've changed some settings in Viper.

Spec: Stereo, v2.1 + EDR, 10m operating distance and 20 hours usage time with 400 hours standby.

Now I've got a pair I can actually debug some settings, but it's a shame that I can't actually test the issue.

Guest painteramit

The good news is that my bluetooth headphones were delivered today. The bad news is that they work perfectly in calls and with audio in general. I thought for sure that me buying a cheapish (£11.90) pair with the same spec would have the same issue, but they actually sound good once I've changed some settings in Viper.

Spec: Stereo, v2.1 + EDR, 10m operating distance and 20 hours usage time with 400 hours standby.

Now I've got a pair I can actually debug some settings, but it's a shame that I can't actually test the issue.

bad news for me. but I believe you may figure out the issue and will fix it for sure.  ;)  :D

Guest H3ROS

I dropped you a private message too. Hopefully you can do some tests that'll help me out? :)

I figured out the cause. Earlier today I had the stock B200 kernel with init.d support still installed and it worked then, but I just restored my kernel and suddenly audio wasn't being output through the headset for calls. So it's a kernel issue and if Synopsis has the problem too then it's due to Huawei not releasing an updated kernel source that includes the bluetooth fix.

Install the kernel from this post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom-411-b200-aosp-mod/#entry2214992

You'll lose the CPU and GPU overclock, but it fixes bluetooth call issues and people have said that it also fixes lags.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest painteramit

I dropped you a private message too. Hopefully you can do some tests that'll help me out? :)

I figured out the cause. Earlier today I had the stock B200 kernel with init.d support still installed and it worked then, but I just restored my kernel and suddenly audio wasn't being output through the headset for calls. So it's a kernel issue and if Synopsis has the problem too then it's due to Huawei not releasing an updated kernel source that includes the bluetooth fix.

Install the kernel from this post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom-411-b200-aosp-mod/#entry2214992

You'll lose the CPU and GPU overclock, but it fixes bluetooth call issues and people have said that it also fixes lags.

Hi, just tried the stock B200 Kernel and yes, you are right, bluetooth works fine.

not sure about the lags, but will report later.

sorry, I didn't see that private message.

anyway, I am downloading the stock ROM as well, just in case needed. ;)  :D

Guest Sream

Facing a lot of lag with Facebook app on latest version and heavy battery drain. Y300-100. Other apps installed are common: Facebook Messenger and Viber.

EDIT:

If you install the ROM and after it do the factory reset with TWRP you loose gravitybox and framework. Why's that happening?

Edited by Sream

Guest H3ROS

That happens because they're not system apps. It'll also reset things like the launcher and then it's hard to get back the correct colours.

If you've got lag with facebook then try flashing the stock B200 kernel in post #2. Also if your SD card is low on space then free some space and run check disk on the SD card when it's mounted in Windows.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Sream

That happens because they're not system apps. It'll also reset things like the launcher and then it's hard to get back the correct colours.

If you've got lag with facebook then try flashing the stock B200 kernel in post #2. Also if your SD card is low on space then free some space and run check disk on the SD card when it's mounted in Windows.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

Added that kernel, will test it now. Other issue I was facing if I turn if off sometimes after usage, it doesn't want to turn on the first time, it gets stuck on the boot logo.

EDIT:

Facebook working fine with stock kernel and no more issue with turning on.

Edited by Sream

Guest gregySK

Can you put here link for huawei stock camera apk?Thanks in advance..

Edit: nevermind,I find it.

Edited by gregySK

Guest barnir

I noticed that lag with facebook also, i will test with stock kernel, do we only loose the OC, frandom and that stuff, should we install that stuff after flashing?

Edited by barnir

Guest H3ROS

You can't get frandom or the overclock stuff back. We're currently trying to get the bluetooth issue solved though and then you'll be able to have everything back.

Guest porozex

You can't get frandom or the overclock stuff back. We're currently trying to get the bluetooth issue solved though and then you'll be able to have everything back.

you mean the low volume? after the rom is flashed i enabled the expandable volume panel and there i see the "voice volume assisstent" or something like that to be set almost on lowest level. maybe this cause the issue

Guest H3ROS

Low volume isn't an issue. It's bluetooth headsets when in calls that are the issue. Basically Huawei fixed the problem in a firmware release, but they didn't release an updated kernel source containing the fix.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest porozex

Low volume isn't an issue. It's bluetooth headsets when in calls that are the issue. Basically Huawei fixed the problem in a firmware release, but they didn't release an updated kernel source containing the fix.

try to ask them :D. maybe they send it to you

Guest Tommy21

I've uninstalled fb and fb messenger,phone works a little smoother now.

I've had issues with system ui getting killed on stock roms,as i understand you've patched it on this rom,will it happen again if i install stock b200 kernel?

Guest StewieTech

Hi there,

How is the rom in terms of bugs? I haven´t tested it during a long period but i found it rather good. I´m a bit tired of switching roms so i´m looking for a smooth bug-free rom to settle in that doesnt give me problems. This rom, cm 10.1 or slimkat are my favorites. I finded some annoyance in cm and slimkat but not aosp mod. So how´s the rom working for you?

Guest H3ROS

Hey,

The only bug is with calls when using bluetooth, but that's fixed by using the B200 kernel in post #2.

If I get the kernel sorted then there will be one minor update that'll add .75x as a possible animation speed without the need for GravityBox. I've also corrected some minor visual issue wih the call answering screen, but other than that it's pretty much rock solid.

There must be an app or something that some of you have got installed that's having an impact on your performance because this should perform better than all other stock ROM's. And for me there's no lag with anything. The launchers smooth, menus are smooth, apps seem fine and even the browsers good. Like just for a performance example; FusionX scores less in the benchmarks, it's not zipaligned so it wastes memory, it's SystemUI gets killed when it's low on memory, it doesn't make use of frandom which can cause the UI to be laggy, it logs a ton of error messages and it passes through many Huawei code changes which all reduce performance.

So where is the "lag" that a few of you say you have? It's certainly not constant because more people would notice it. And if you're restoring data or modifying the ROM in any way then that could very well be why there's lag for you.

Here's a few tests you can do. If one of them doesn't work then try the next.

1. Go to /system/etc/init.d/ and cut 01extra and paste it to your SD card and then reboot. Is that any better?

2. Try the stock B200 kernel. I've only added init.d support, so you'll lose overclocking, frandom and more.

3. Wipe every partition apart from your SD card and then install the ROM like you normally would, but rather than rebooting go back to the main screen and format the cust partition and the data partition (it's important to do both) and then reboot.

If you do #3 then you'll be missing Xposed and GravityBox, but the phone will also skip the Huawei cust partition. That'll mean that it's setup exactly the same as FusionX would be.

So if you say you have lag then I need to know the following.

• What phone are you using (Y300-0100, Y300-0151 or G510)
  • What recovery do you have installed (TWRP or CWM)
  • What apps you've installed
  • What were you doing on the phone when it started to lag
  • How much free RAM does it say you've got while you're lagging
  • Did the lag stop if you held down the home button and then pressed the button at the top right

There's also a setting under the developer options that will display the CPU usage and expose what's making things slow. So if someone could provide me with actual info then I might know how to fix your problem.

Hi H3EOS,

Thanks for all your awesome work!

I've been using your rom for about a week and have had heavy lag. I've moved the 01extra file as step 1 above and now have no lag problems at all. However prior to doing this fix I noticed the lag would occur when whatsapp, foursquare, EZ weather and particularly Facebook was running, even as a background process (but not cached). Seemed to me that these programs would systematically restart and the lag would kick in, or at least be worse. Uninstalling facebook improved the situation, but when the other programs restarted it still caused a lag albeit smaller.

After moving 01extra, these programs still restart (so I'm not sure if this is a normal process) but now it doesn't cause any lag at all.

Of course, even without the optimizations in the 01extra file and reduction in my AnTuTu score, my experience is still much better and smoother over the stock system I was using before, so props to you!  :D

I'm using a Y300-0151 with TWRP, can't remember how much ram was remaining but it was somewhere between 20 to 60 meg. 

Well everything is working fine now but I agree, FB is only just bearable. Using FB through the stock browser is actually faster and more responsive! On that point, like others, I do find the stock browser to be more responsive then chrome. But anyway thanks, I'll look into Fast for Facebook - as long as I get notifications for fb messages and events, then I'll probably go with it.

Only just got this phone as my HTC phone bricked on me, and managed to get the y300 for 47 AUD brand new, plus another 4 to unlock the network! With this rom, I feel like its performing at phone double or triple the price.

Guest Sream

I'm facing a problem with my Huawei Y300-0100. Sometimes it works very good, stable and fast, then comes a time where it can't open a single app normally. I've switched thru few ROMs so far. I do Advanced Reset with TWRP (clean all system folders) before inserting a new ROM. Could it be that I've damaged it in some way or is it a harware issue that my phone had from the beginning?

In comparison I've a second Huawei which never lags a bit. That phone went only with stock ROMs. Not a single Custom.

Guest H3ROS

Could it be a bad SD card? You could take it out and use the internal storage for a while, just to see if that fixes things.

If your SD card is bad then it could cause lag or in some cases the phone might not boot correctly.