[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest rederik75

I tested modding kernel, both the "stock" and the "experimental" (GPU @325) versions. Everything's well at the beginning, really laggy after some time. Also, the lags don't come out while under heavy load, but when awakening the phone from sleep, it becomes unusable for at least a minute. No lags while playing games or listening to music.

Also, this morning I had a reboot as soon as I received a phone call; few minutes later, just after reboot the same person called, and I couldn't swipe right to answer. I had to wait a bit more to call back...

Guest H3ROS

A part of that may be due to a visual bug I've since fixed, but the reboot would be caused by the kernel. He did release a new kernel the other day that should be more stable though.

I might actually switch everyone over to the stock kernel in an update since that fixes lags, still produces a good benchmark score and it fixes bluetooth headsets when used in calls.

I'm currently waiting for Huawei to reply back to me about an updated kernel source.

Guest Sream

Could it be a bad SD card? You could take it out and use the internal storage for a while, just to see if that fixes things.

If your SD card is bad then it could cause lag or in some cases the phone might not boot correctly.

No more issues. Thanks man.  :D

EDIT:

It's not due to the SD card, it's just that this phone has some issue with SD cards. I've tested two SD cards, both of them working fine on a Nokia 501 Dual Sim, but on this phone they cause lag.

Edited by Sream

Guest rederik75

I might actually switch everyone over to the stock kernel in an update since that fixes lags, still produces a good benchmark score and it fixes bluetooth headsets when used in calls.

It would be wonderful!  

Guest thetonyxx
I only know that based on all the stock screenshot of the system is buggy? 
 sometimes takes 2 or 3 screen with a single command

Guest Sream

And update the Google Search app for the next update, if it's possible, and remove Hangouts/Talk. Just some suggestions. Other app I don't find very useful is the Android Firewall. And the ROM is missing a digital clock widget.

EDIT:

And Shuttle app has a new version too.

Edited by Sream

Guest fonz93

and remove Hangouts

Hangouts? are you sure that did you do full wipe? this ROM doesn't include Hangouts

Edited by fonz93

Guest rederik75

Hangouts? are you sure that did you do full wipe? this ROM doesn't include Hangouts

It has google talk. I'm not sure, but talk is automatically updated to hangouts...

Guest Sream

It has google talk. I'm not sure, but talk is automatically updated to hangouts...

Yes, that's it. I don't think that this app is useful at all. And at least if it's useful, it should be updated to Hangouts.

EDIT:

Bosnian language should be stripped from the languages. It's not even by a bit translated. It's the language from my country.

Edited by Sream

Guest H3ROS

@ thetonyxx

I've never had that problem. Nobody else has mentioned it so far either.

@ Sream

A lot of people use Talk/Hangouts though. Like I personally like Talk more than Hangouts, as do many others (just look at reviews) so I don't install the update.

When I release an update all system apps also get updated.

I've not included a digital clock because AOSP doesn't have one. To bring it up to date a person could just install Chronus.

If there's something a person doesn't like they could install Titanium Backup and uninstall the system app.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

@ Sream

Some languages are only partially translated. Like for example the notification menu is fine and the on and off toggles seem to be too, but a lot of it's missing. And that's actually how Google put out Android, although they've likely improved the translations over time with each version of Android. It's a little disappointing really, but I can understand that it must be a hard task to get all of the translations correct.

@ rederik75

The stock kernel with added init.d support is actually in post #2 if you'd like to try it out.

I had a reply from Huawei today informing me that they've forwarded my request to their technical department. So I don't know if or when I'll get a reply, but if enough people were to request the kernel update that fixes bluetooth audio output for headsets when in calls then it would benefit a lot of people. Currenly the CeXstel kernel, my own version of the CeXstel kernel and the Synopsis kernel all produce a bluetooth audio issue on B199 or B200.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest matteussz_

I'm not using this ROM currently, because I've had a few problems with its stability, but I miss a few features. Could you please tell me how can I add the 14 notification widget buttons with 2G and 3G selection to my notifications? What do I need to modify, or how do I replace Huawei's ugly settings?

Guest domenico76

Hi All, 

In the installation guide there is a 3rd passage

Setup the ROM and reboot (required for newer versions of Google Play Services to work correctly)

What does it mean to "setup" the ROM?

I thought it was enough to wipe /install/Configure  Google account to go....

The extra passage is strange to me...

Can anybody please explain better the need? Is performane control needed to get a stable and long lasting performance?

Thanks 

Edited by domenico76

Guest H3ROS

@ matteussz_

That's totally reverted to AOSP and then patched. I don't think it can be replaced on stock due to Huawei already having changes of their own.

I might post an update tonight that addresses some stability issues, but a part of that is done by using the B200 kernel. At least then the ROM's 100% stable and everything works though.

@ domenico76

When you first boot you'll get the usual Google info that you need to enter or skip. After that screen you need to perform a reboot, otherwise Google Play Services causes issues.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

I've uploaded the ROM and ROM update. It's probably best to start from fresh, but the update should be fine.

Everything should work perfectly with this update. Things will feel smoother and calls made or received over bluetooth will work as it now uses the stock B200 kernel, but you won't have access to zRAM or SWAP. If you need either of these things then just install Synopsis, but keep in mind that changing the kernel might break things. It will break calls made via bluetooth without any doubt.

If I can get an updated kernel source from Huawei or if moddingg33k and myself can figure out what Huawei changed when it comes to bluetooth audio then I'll eventually post another update with a custom kernel again. For now though 100% functionality by default is a must and the only way I can give everyone that is by using the stock B200 kernel.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Sream

I've uploaded the ROM and ROM update. It's probably best to start from fresh, but the update should be fine.

Everything should work perfectly with this update. Things will feel smoother and calls made or received over bluetooth will work as it now uses the stock B200 kernel, but you won't have access to zRAM or SWAP. If you need either of these things then just install Synopsis, but keep in mind that changing the kernel might break things. It will break calls made via bluetooth without any doubt.

If I can get an updated kernel source from Huawei or if moddingg33k and myself can figure out what Huawei changed when it comes to bluetooth audio then I'll eventually post another update with a custom kernel again. For now though 100% functionality by default is a must and the only way I can give everyone that is by using the stock B200 kernel.

Thanks, been waiting for the new version.  :) Updated it with my apps, will use this ROM for now.

Guest sgspluss

Can anyone make an screenshot from notificationbar please? Would like to see how it looks, or does it look same as in AOSP (like CM10)?

Guest thetonyxx

Is performane control needed to get a stable and long lasting performance?

no, i use kernel tuner, is a better

Guest painteramit

It's just me or someone also having issues with the Bluetooth headset.

it was working fine with the old ROM and B200 stock kernel. It stops working after I've installed update_3.zip today.  :(

Guest PetKos94

I´ve been using this ROM for two days, with stock kernel and today I updated it. All I have to say that this is one of, if not the best ROM I´ve used since I have this phone (and trust me I´ve tried lots of ROMs). Smooth, no lag in normal usage. Of course there is a bit lag if you have Chrome and some other app opened, but chrome is a heavy, "specs hungry" app for this phone, just as Facebook. You really can´t expect this phone to work like some higher end handsets. This is low-end device, but still does the job pretty well. But everything works. I use Performance Control and I changed governor to performance, still has decent battery life.
I can´t tell if bluetooth headset is working though.
Thanks H3ROS for making this awesome ROM :D

Guest thetonyxx

I changed governor to performance, still has decent battery life.

is not a good idea, does not allow frequency reduction at low load

for mé the best is ondemand for nice performace whitout waste battery and lulzactive for optimal autonomy while being penalized only in benchmarks

my antutu record whit before 1 july version is 7970, not update it to update 3

Edited by thetonyxx

Guest H3ROS

@ sgspluss

It's the same as AOSP/CM10, not 10.1 or 10.2.

post-954400-0-19782600-1404221129_thumb.

When I've got some time to kill I do plan on making another ROM based off of this ROM. One of the changes I've been thinking about is to backport the actual statusbar and notification menu from 4.2.

@ painteramit

It's still working fine here. Update 3 simply contains everything from update 1 and 2, but with updated APK's and the stock kernel.

@ PetKos94

Thank you :)

@ thetonyxx

Stock may score slightly less in benchmarks, but it'll be smoother in actual usage and it's the only way to have a 100% working ROM.

The kernel:

This ROM uses the stock B200 kernel with added init.d support. It uses this kernel because Huawei hasn't released an updated kernel source and without an updated kernel calls made over bluetooth won't be routed correctly.

You can install the CeXstel, Synopsis or my own improved version of the CeXstel kernel but you might run into unexpected bugs caused by these kernels. Huawei is to blame for most of these bugs as the kernel source they provide doesn't match what they've used in their newer firmware updates.

So if you care about your benchmark score install the latest Synopsis kernel after installing update 3, but that will break calls made over bluetooth.

Edited by H3ROS