[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest sgspluss

Dont want to use gravitiybox or xposed or else.
Would nice to know if there any option in the settings or maybe any build.prop entry...

Guest xxirioxx

Great update!

Google play services don't consume battery and there is no more lag using facebook.

If it could help you, I just installed Performance control and changed a few things:

Set min CPU freq from 320MHz to 196MHz

Changed Android's default taskkiller values in order to have a better responsive phone: 6MB, 12MB, 16MB, 56MB, 65MB, 75MB

Guest rgs_rgs

Where can we find the old version of this rom and update 1 and 2?

First, I want to say thank you to H3ros. This ROM is amazing. No lag, battery life is wonderful... 

If you want previous versions of ROM or updates you should go to revision history at google docs. (I don't now menu bar how it's in english, but should be: File-->See Revision). I'll put direct link.

AOSP_MOD version (22 june):

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzpRBylyuvsXWC1veHZCS2daRzQ&export=download&revid=0BzpRBylyuvsXODhWb0NZeWJ4dEliZnIxcFk1T2N6T0p3Y1VvPQ

Update 2 (22 june):

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzpRBylyuvsXUzl5MVhpdkQ5SDg&export=download&revid=0BzpRBylyuvsXUExjR2paN3duZ0lQUzRmaDlCZW8ySnlESlcwPQ

Guest H3ROS

@ sgspluss

There's no easy way to do it since apps can ignore a systems setting and display a light anyway. Often the only way around it is to use an app that controls the lights.

@ xxirioxx

The reason I've not dropped the min CPU frequency is because that could delay the phone from waking from deep sleep. That plus battery gain isn't much better, so what I'm really hoping for is a new kernel source from Huawei. If they gave us that then an optimized kernel would be worth it.

I'm curious as to how many people actually use the firewall by the way. I do use as it's a perfect way to save data and block adverts in games, but I'd like to know how others feel about it.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest barnir

i have no rly idea how to use firefwall xd i just activate everything for wi-fi and activate what its free for my mobile data

Guest POmniac

First, I want to say thank you to H3ros. This ROM is amazing. No lag, battery life is wonderful... 

If you want previous versions of ROM or updates you should go to revision history at google docs. (I don't now menu bar how it's in english, but should be: File-->See Revision). I'll put direct link.

AOSP_MOD version (22 june):

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzpRBylyuvsXWC1veHZCS2daRzQ&export=download&revid=0BzpRBylyuvsXODhWb0NZeWJ4dEliZnIxcFk1T2N6T0p3Y1VvPQ

Update 2 (22 june):

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzpRBylyuvsXUzl5MVhpdkQ5SDg&export=download&revid=0BzpRBylyuvsXUExjR2paN3duZ0lQUzRmaDlCZW8ySnlESlcwPQ

Thanks!

Guest H3ROS

i have no rly idea how to use firefwall xd i just activate everything for wi-fi and activate what its free for my mobile data

I use it in blacklist mode rather than whitelist mode. Doing it that way I can block exactly what I want, which is often games if I'm out and about and don't want it using a lot of data.

Guest barnir

I use it in blacklist mode rather than whitelist mode. Doing it that way I can block exactly what I want, which is often games if I'm out and about and don't want it using a lot of data.

that actually be a better idea

Guest Romagnolo1973

I use it in the same way (black list with app blocked ticked) and is works perfectly. No more ads in some free apps (I don't play game) and no more problem for apps going in the web without my permission.

Even AdAway can help a lot removing ads in web browsing.

This 2 apps are for me a must have in every rom I use

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest xxirioxx

@ sgspluss

There's no easy way to do it since apps can ignore a systems setting and display a light anyway. Often the only way around it is to use an app that controls the lights.

@ xxirioxx

The reason I've not dropped the min CPU frequency is because that could delay the phone from waking from deep sleep. That plus battery gain isn't much better, so what I'm really hoping for is a new kernel source from Huawei. If they gave us that then an optimized kernel would be worth it.

I'm curious as to how many people actually use the firewall by the way. I do use as it's a perfect way to save data and block adverts in games, but I'd like to know how others feel about it.

I can confirm that I have no problem using 196MHz as min value :) Phone wakes up as soon as I press the power button :)

I deleted firewall apk, so I can't help you :D

Guest luca020400

Yes the 196 frequency is perfect

If i connect my dock to phone the microphone doesn't work

Edited by luca020400

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

I experienced 3 random reboots today (soft reboots). Two while installing APK's and one while editing a text file. I have absolutely no clue what is causing this. :blink: It all worked fine yesterday. The last random reboots I've experienced before today were with your Cextel kernel and with moddings kernel on your ROM, but now I'm getting random reboots with the stock kernel? Really strange.

Guest H3ROS

I've never had any random reboots so it's hard to say for sure what's causing them. They're also difficult to log since they're random.

I'd suggest trying to output the log to a text file on your SD card via terminal emulator and then uninstall and reinstall whatever app you installed before that triggered the reboot.

Guest Tommy21

Luckily,i've had no random reboots with stock kernel,at least for now.

Phone works pretty much smoothly,i don't know about games because i don't play them.

One problem is that i sometimes lose 3g connection,network bar becomes grey.Maybe it's my network's carrier fault,because my friends who are on the same network had these problems,even with calls.

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

I think I'm now able to reproduce the reboots by uninstalling any app. Logs are full of warnings from ResourceType  saying "No package identifier when getting for resource number 0x00000000" but those are probably not related to the reboots. At the end of the log some errors in ActivityManager and ApplicationsProvider appeared which could possibly be the reason for the reboot. I'll send you the log in a moment so you can see yourself.

Guest croshad

Just wanted to chime in and say excellent job with the rom, works very good. Only thing i noticed is that after a soft reboot my wifi stops working and needs a reset but other than that great job. I can't drain the battery even after trying :)

Guest H3ROS

That WiFi issue would definitely be related to Huawei and the stock ROM would do the same thing. I believe they've not released the source for the WiFi lib either, so it's a little difficult to fix. I know moddingg33k has some source code he found online, but that's got even worse issues.

Thanks for the kind words though. I've put a lot of time into undoing what Huawei did while also fixing some bugs along the way :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest rederik75

Actually, I'm too lazy to configure each app in the firewall... I rather prefer to use AdAway...

Guest Picvajzmen

Luckily,i've had no random reboots with stock kernel,at least for now.

Phone works pretty much smoothly,i don't know about games because i don't play them.

One problem is that i sometimes lose 3g connection,network bar becomes grey.Maybe it's my network's carrier fault,because my friends who are on the same network had these problems,even with calls.

I somethimes have the same problem with 3g..

Guest rederik75

I've made a clean install of the last version, with the stock kernel and the last fixes.

Everything seems good, very smooth...

Regarding the huge lags I had in the last days with every possible kernel, I think I'm sorting out something.

The rom was ok for a day and 1/2, then it began to have problems just after I started whatsapp for the first time after flash/restore.

While starting whatsapp I saw a message about Exchange forceclosing, so now I'm testing the rom with whatsapp enabled but with exchange services frozen with TB.

It seems better, but I want to test it more, will keep you informed...

Guest H3ROS

@ Tommy21

Sounds like it's network related. Basically whenever you lose a data connection your icons will turn grey.

@ rederik75

Advert blocking is okay, but a lot of apps have access to your contacts or other private information and AdAway wouldn't block transfer of that data. That's why I blacklist specific apps with the firewall.

I use exchange and I've never had a problem with it, but I don't use WhatsApp so I can't verify that.

@ luca020400

It's not possible unfortunately and if you change the kernel for extra features such as zRAM or SWAP then you also introduce possible unexpected performance issues. That plus it will break calls made over bluetooth devices.

Edited by H3ROS