[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

@H3ROS the problem is neither the facebook notifications nor the Alarm clock notification sounds return back to the Sd selected Tune after i unmount the SD... they change to the default sounds of system... and i have to again select the ringtone of my choice from Sd...and one request if its not too much to as could u add a better tweak of Auto brightness in the ROM cuz screen brightness remains high at night when high brightness is not needed i guess 
Thanks in advance...

Guest Romagnolo1973

I face the same issue, bright screen at night 

to tell the true Auto seems stay at 100%, I have last aosp version installed from zero

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest bazar90

@ h3ros

could you tell me what libs to remove to completely uninstall GoogleSearch.apk?

I'd like a more "AOSP" system ;)

also... why did you use GoogleGallery.apk insted of Gallery2.apk?

Edited by bazar90

Guest H3ROS

I know it doesn't stay at 100%, but I know that it doesn't go to zero. It'll currently behave exactly the same as a stock Huawei ROM, but if enough people want it to go darker then I can make it do that.

@ Nomm

I can sort of replicate a problem with the alarm app when using custom alarms. It'll cause a nullpointerexception after mounting as mass storage. Why? I've got no idea, but I'll try to fix it. It's just a little tricky because it's a backported app.

As a temporary workaround you could copy the files to internal memory instead. That's /system/media/audio/

@ bazar90

libgoogle_hotword_jni.so, libgoogle_recognizer_jni_l.so and libvcdecoder_jni.so.

It's called GoogleGallery (it should actually be GalleryGoogle but it's already set now) because it's not pure AOSP. It's based on Googles custom all in one camera and gallery app. So if you remove that APK then you also lose the camera.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Romagnolo1973

Just curious why for some people Nova use 15-20 mega and for others it stay at 60mb as in my case (and others) and I disable all the stuff and all possibly ram increase features Nova has. Could be if you have a lot of apps it use less ram and if there are free ram available it use for future needs?

About light sensor in stock rom, the sensor setting is poor in every stock based rom (old fusion too), the only stock rom with a good sensor setting is Slimrom by fonz1993 that modified it with better performance. Thats why I never stay in autobrightness and I use the gravitybox setting that increase/decrease light passing finger in the notification bar.

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest H3ROS

I talked with fonz about the values he set before. From what I've seen they're not totally optimized for the phone. The Huawei values should actually save some battery and have smoother transitions, but the brightness doesn't ever go very low. It's an easy enough fix anyway :)

I'll probably release an update including a brightness tweak once I've also fixed the minor alarm clock issue.

Update: I've fixed the force close, but the bug seems to go deeper and I think it might effect stock ROM's too.

If you set a custom ringtone for a contact, something from your SD card and then mount and unmount USB storage then media files from the USB appear missing so all apps with custom notifications, ringtones or alarms reset to a default tone.

Bug report: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=13413

Also: http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-maxx/264230-ringtone-issue-after-jb-update-usb-usage.html

After remounting the SD card it's as if Android breaks the links. If the stock ROM's do this too (I'm 99% sure they do) then I'll need to try to trackdown a fix. That might not be easy since someone merged some of the threads and then later changed the status to "WrongForum" <_<

Update: I've found a workaround that I want to try to make work a little better. More info on that soon.

Edited by H3ROS

I talked with fonz about the values he set before. From what I've seen they're not totally optimized for the phone. The Huawei values should actually save some battery and have smoother transitions, but the brightness doesn't ever go very low. It's an easy enough fix anyway :)

I'll probably release an update including a brightness tweak once I've also fixed the minor alarm clock issue.

Update: I've fixed the force close, but the bug seems to go deeper and I think it might effect stock ROM's too.

If you set a custom ringtone for a contact, something from your SD card and then mount and unmount USB storage then media files from the USB appear missing so all apps with custom notifications, ringtones or alarms reset to a default tone.

Bug report: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=13413

Also: http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-maxx/264230-ringtone-issue-after-jb-update-usb-usage.html

After remounting the SD card it's as if Android breaks the links. If the stock ROM's do this too (I'm 99% sure they do) then I'll need to try to trackdown a fix. That might not be easy since someone merged some of the threads and then later changed the status to "WrongForum" <_<

Update: I've found a workaround that I want to try to make work a little better. More info on that soon.

Thats great news buddy... looking forward to an update which includes auto brightness tweaks and Sd ringtone issue resolved  B)  ;)

Guest H3ROS

I was hoping to link the folders, but that seems to break things.

Create this folder layout on your SD card:

/sdcard/media/audio/alarms/

/sdcard/media/audio/notifications/

/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones/

Any files you put in these folders will remain working even after mounting the SD card as a mass storage device.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest wator

Ola,

DAMMM class 4 :-(   8gb.

A new sd-card class 10 8gb is about  €10,- but a 16gb is about €13,-

But can the phone read 16gb?, and do i notice a faster sd-card?

Rom works great, keep up the good WORK H3ROS     i only hate :-) google voice search!!! i have disable it, because i conflict whit spotify!

Guest Romagnolo1973

Ola,

DAMMM class 4 :-(   8gb.

A new sd-card class 10 8gb is about  €10,- but a 16gb is about €13,-

But can the phone read 16gb?, and do i notice a faster sd-card?

Rom works great, keep up the good WORK H3ROS     i only hate :-) google voice search!!! i have disable it, because i conflict whit spotify!

I use a 32 gb SD card so, yes Y300 can support this size too. if you don't use so much mp3 or video 16gb class 10 will be perfect

I am having the google keyboard typing double letters issue.

installed TouchPal from play store and issue resolved.

The best keyboard for our device is 

Multiling Keyboard called Beta but is the stable release https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kl.ime.oh

It does not pass 13 mb ram usage, it is complete and fast, but could be too much complicated due something like 1000 available possible settings (you can create your keyboard mapping keys, colors , dimensions) and it is only 1 mega in size. Incredible.

But if you want something complete, light and easy touchpal is the second choice, works great and use only 17-20 mb ram, the only negative side is that compared to Multiling is bigger (25 mb size installed) and miss a lot of settings Multiling has

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest ZolaIII

There are two versions of Multi Lang beta & stable beta is a beta & stripped down (core only). It have a minimal size & ram usage & its free, down sides are: bad dictionary's, some problems related to prediction & separation & settings that you really must dig in.

Guest rederik75

The best keyboard for our device is 

Multiling Keyboard called Beta but is the stable release https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kl.ime.oh

It does not pass 13 mb ram usage, it is complete and fast, but could be too much complicated due something like 1000 available possible settings (you can create your keyboard mapping keys, colors , dimensions) and it is only 1 mega in size. Incredible.

I totally agree: it's a wonderful app! 

Guest Romagnolo1973

I totally agree: it's a wonderful app! 

I have tried your suggested launcher ATOM

Very light (15-20mb) and full feature but it looks so different that user can be lost, plus his design is not in armony with the rest of AOSP rom imho

I was hoping to link the folders, but that seems to break things.

Create this folder layout on your SD card:

/sdcard/media/audio/alarms/

/sdcard/media/audio/notifications/

/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones/

Any files you put in these folders will remain working even after mounting the SD card as a mass storage device.

I created the folders and when went to Clock app to set alarm and choose alarm sound it Force closed  :unsure:

Guest rederik75

I have tried your suggested launcher ATOM

Very light (15-20mb) and full feature but it looks so different that user can be lost, plus his design is not in armony with the rest of AOSP rom imho

What I like most is the folder management in the app drawer. While in edit mode you can create folders just by moving an app icon onto another, and you can arrange folders as you like, moving them. In Nova you have to go through the menus, create the folder, and populate it by ticking apps in a list... plus, they're put in alphabetical order: I had to rename them with a prefix number to obtain the order I wanted..

Guest H3ROS

I am having the google keyboard typing double letters issue.

installed TouchPal from play store and issue resolved.

I'm not sure why it would do that honestly. Language or conflicting app maybe?

I created the folders and when went to Clock app to set alarm and choose alarm sound it Force closed  :unsure:

Delete the old alarm and then create a new one with a stock alarm sound. Next with the file manager open up the sound you'd like to use in ES media player and from it's options menu select to set the ringtone. Go back to the alarm app and then select the newly listed file. It should remain now remain working after you unmount the mass storage device.

The force close is something I've fixed already, but the above is how you work around that until I release the update.

Guest SH3H1

The Camera AutoFocus isn't properly functional on this ROM :wacko: ?

The best Camera and AutoFocus i had was with CM10 and GamerROMv3X !!

i send it to repair once because of water damage..,so i wanna know am i the only one?

Guest Han-Droid

just to be on the safe side: is this the correct checksum? MD5

"c6b323b9eef23032e560c15aa9de18af *AOSP_MOD_(22072014).zip"

I am tempted to install this rom on my wife's g510 - it really sounds good :-)