[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest xxirioxx

Thank you! This works :D

It's strange... Mine has the same size too but it doesn't install...

Problem solved :)

This is the one with brightness control, easy, light, free and without ads, simply the best.

The torch embedded in gravitybox is good too but the brightness is fixed.

Guest rederik75

There are a dozens of music player apps that are based on its code. Some are only same compiled code, some have just minor changes (like UI) & some have lots of changes (additional futures, UI...). For instance try Vanilla music (even it's not actually bug free).

I tried dozens of players, and by now my favourite is Omich Player, it's lightweight and full featured, it's worth a try...

Guest krux3r

I tried dozens of players, and by now my favourite is Omich Player, it's lightweight and full featured, it's worth a try...

Woah nice one mate, rly nice app, both smooth working and nice UI.

Must say that this is one of few I tried that is based on that Vanilla Music.

Guest matteussz_

I've tried Omich Player. It's UI is nice, it supports gestures while playing. When I first started it, I went through the settings, played some music, then stopped the app. But now if I start it, the phone becomes unresponsive, and the app closes itself after a while. So I guess I'll stick with PlayerPro.

Guest krux3r

I've tried Omich Player. It's UI is nice, it supports gestures while playing. When I first started it, I went through the settings, played some music, then stopped the app. But now if I start it, the phone becomes unresponsive, and the app closes itself after a while. So I guess I'll stick with PlayerPro.

Hmm, thats strange, for me on stock rom it works with no problems.

Guest matteussz_

Thanks.

This ROM uses the external SD as default, is there a way to change it to the internal SD? I can't change it in Settings -> Storage.

Guest fonz93

data/property there is a file that set persistent storage, change the content from "external_sd" to "internal_sd" or change the build prop line with the same values

Guest onimorza

Of the 6 different ROMs (stocks & CMs) I installed on my GF's Y300 I must say this is the greatest! Congratulations and thank you!

She encounters only one problem and that is that the phone doesn't always wake up when pressing the power button. Sometimes the screen stays black even after several minutes and there is nothing else to do than pull the batery..

Is there any way I can log what causes that? Or a known cause & sollution?

I didn't touch the min frequency, so that one should still be at 320MHz.

Guest luca020400

In the huawei b209 browser the microphone and "Web Search" work correctly without google search or similar

Can you include this in the aosp mod browser ??

Thanks

Guest luca020400

Of the 6 different ROMs (stocks & CMs) I installed on my GF's Y300 I must say this is the greatest! Congratulations and thank you!

She encounters only one problem and that is that the phone doesn't always wake up when pressing the power button. Sometimes the screen stays black even after several minutes and there is nothing else to do than pull the batery..

Is there any way I can log what causes that? Or a known cause & sollution?

I didn't touch the min frequency, so that one should still be at 320MHz.

Which kernel are you using ??

The kernel included in this ROM or other ??

Guest milangfx

I'm using CeXstel v0.62 and I also have the problem of the screen staying turned off even after pressing the power button several times. Usually it works for the 3rd-4th press and it doesn't happen often so it really doesn't bother me. I didn't have this problem with CM10.1 tho.

Guest fonz93

Your problem might be related to the low ram available and many apps running in background, with the kernel included in the ROM there isn't any issue, the cextel is not recommended at the moment, it's old and not longer supported

Edited by fonz93

Guest milangfx

Onimorza has this same issue while using the ROM's default kernel, so it's not because of CeXstel I guess.

Edit. I usually only have 1 or 2 apps running in the bg, and have plenty of free RAM (thanks to cexstel kernel), so it's not because of that either.

Edited by milangfx

Guest fonz93

You are two, There are many users that are using this ROM without touching anything and now they don't have any issue, it depends on your configuration, you just touched something that you didn't have to, if you don't like that bug, wait for H3ROS, if he can help you, it will, if not, stay with that bug or change the ROM, there are so much non-existent bugs described in CM and SlimKat thread that i am really tired of peoples that blames the ROM instead of their mistakes, now i am done.

Edited by fonz93

In the huawei b209 browser the microphone and "Web Search" work correctly without google search or similar

Can you include this in the aosp mod browser ??

Thanks

Are you sure? Pretty much every ROM I've looked at so far has some kind of search app since that menu isn't handled by the web browser. That menu comes from the framework-res and has functions that link to framework.jar.

I'll do a basic check, but I don't want to go digging around only to find that it's handled by a search app again.

@ onimorza

If you press the button hard enough then it should always load on the first try. Sometimes it can be a little slow if the memory is low though.

I've currently not adjusted the minfree's, settings or kernel in any way that would effect deep sleep so I'd suggest you check out what apps she's actually got running. You could then uninstall or freeze each of the apps she's installed to see if that helps with waking up the phone.

Guest matteussz_

@H3ROS: In the changelog, there's this line: "- Locked the SystemUI and Phone services in memory". How did you do that? I want to use an automatizer called E-Robot (it's a really good Tasker alternative), and I want to prevent it from being cleared from the memory.