[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest Romagnolo1973

I report here because can be usefull:

some italian users with the famous and misterious lag problem with aosp solved uninstalling Performance Control and using Trickstermod instead

Probably Performance Control goes in conflict with another app they use

So, if happens, the first thing to do is uninstall Performance Control (that is not included in the rom but everyone use to set kernel values)

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Hi H3ROS, your stock rom is the best i've had but it has some problems with vpn clients(Cyberghost, hotspot shield, spotflux...) they simply won't connect... they used to work fine in the Expert V4 Final(cm 10.1 - 4.2.2). what can i do?

i'm using your lastest rom, thanks :)

sorry 4 the bad english.

Guest Domstadt

Such a great rom!

Screen-on-time of 4h most of the time and fast as f*ck!

Too bad I'm getting a Moto G LTE or a LG G2 Mini soon. I'm gonna miss this rom a bit :D

Guys does anyone experiences long exiting out of apps? Im experiencinf that a few last days, someone knows whats the problem?

Low RAM available or high CPU usage

Edited by fonz93

Guest SIMONPRO

is there a way to flash stock dialer and message app. I dont know how android guys where thinking, its is to hard to differentiate between read and unread message color different is too close and conversation area is the same just one color for sent and receive messages its bad. if there is way to flash stock dialer and message app it will be great

Disabled AdAway, The Firewall and still the same =\

I'll check it out soon. It should work though if it's ever worked from a stock ROM.

@fonz93

I have about 90mb free ram, is that good or bad? And how do I check cpu usage?

Apps shouldn't lag when closed. It's when opening other apps that it might be slow as it's clearing memory in the background. So do you have any apps running in the background, like Facebook, Skype or any kind of anti virus?

is there a way to flash stock dialer and message app. I dont know how android guys where thinking, its is to hard to differentiate between read and unread message color different is too close and conversation area is the same just one color for sent and receive messages its bad. if there is way to flash stock dialer and message app it will be great

I've never really had a problem with read and unread messages. Unread messages are bold with a white background and they're always at the top of the list. There's also a notification that'll tell you how many new messages a person sent. Also if you switch to the dark theme then the text colour is white and each area has a different background colour.

There's actually many other messaging apps you could use. All you need to do is disable the stock one in the apps list.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.thoughtcrime.securesms

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.klinker.android.evolve_sms

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-yaata-sms-mms-replacment-app-t2835295

The dialer can be changed too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.kamma.kitkatdialer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.modoohut.dialer

Of course I can give you the stock apps, but IMO there's better alternatives than the Huawei bloat.

Guest xxirioxx

I disabled some google play services using "Disable Service" app but does anyone know why AnalyticsService automatically reactivates 1-2 days later? Now it's running again... I managed to have Google Play Service running for only 15-20 minutes per day but now I'm afraid this strange "resurrection" will keep me awake for many nights XD

Guest xxirioxx

Yes, you're right, it's just curiosity ;) I'm just doing some tests trying to disable as many service as possible. It doesn't cause wakelocks directly but I think it does calling other services such as Event Log Service, AlarmManager or similar.

Yes, you're right, it's just curiosity ;) I'm just doing some tests trying to disable as many service as possible. It doesn't cause wakelocks directly but I think it does calling other services such as Event Log Service, AlarmManager or similar.

AlarmManager is a wakelock needed to call single applications for push notifications (WhatsApp for example)

Don't disable too many services, you can have problems like these: 

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom411b209-aosp-mod-02102014/?p=2232022

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom411b209-aosp-mod-02102014/?p=2232336

They keep recalling disabled services and drain battery

Edited by fonz93

Guest xxirioxx

I know what I do ;)

I just disabled few services:

- AnalyticsService (now is active again)

- PlayLogBrokerService

- UserPresenceService

- WearableService

These services were already disabled: ProxyGTalkService, SyncService

Edited by xxirioxx

@krux3r

Your running apps looks fine.

You probably won't want to change the minfree's. It's just that you can free up RAM that way, but it can also cause slowdowns because Android can then constantly be busy killing processes to free up memory. That'll use more CPU which will reduce your battery life too.

I've come up with 1 tweak that seems to slightly improve the smoothness of the notification menu when on the home screen. It'll make the up and down animation a little less choppy. Basically what you need to do is go to Nova's settings, select desktop, wallpaper scrolling and set that to force. That'll bypass the slow wallpaper rendering in older AOSP ROM's which is what causes some of the animation choppiness.

Update: I just found out how to make the whole ROM buttery smooth (use GPU the same as CM). The issue is it takes up even more RAM, which is something there's not a lot of already. I'm going to look into limiting what processes can have hardware acceleration before I even consider releasing anything.

Edited by H3ROS

Update: I just found out how to make the whole ROM buttery smooth (use GPU the same as CM). The issue is it takes up even more RAM, which is something there's not a lot of already. I'm going to look into limiting what processes can have hardware acceleration before I even consider releasing anything.

How? Did you find the limitation applied by Huawei?

How? Did you find the limitation applied by Huawei?

Actually it wasn't Huawei's fault. It's a limitation set within AOSP and I found what I needed to change to allow it to work :) I'll probably backport a build.prop setting so that it can be enabled and disabled, but I might make the SystemUI have GPU rendering enabled all of the time if I can as nothing else really needs the extra effects anyway.

Enabling GPU rendering without an option just isn't a good solution due to the lack of free RAM the Y300/G510 has. I'm currently testing it against the medium minfree preset in performance control though and it seems to manage okay with my selection of apps, but that may differ from person to person.

@krux3r

Weird. I've not had it do that while testing. It's not too important now that I've figured out how to get the GPU to render the SystemUI anyway :)

Edited by H3ROS

@H3ROS

The screen was bugged for few seconds, it works now. And keep the good work, Im really looking forward to this what are you working on.

Edited by krux3r

Currently it's using the GPU for everything that requires it, so right now it's running with extra animations and everything. So it's got the buttery smooth notification menu and even the launcher is a little smoother, not that it was bad before with Nova. I'd like to disable it by default system wide though simply to save RAM.