[ROM] [ALL] [4.2.2] CarbonRom [05/10/14]

Guest luca020400

Guest noobSU

Rom is really working well. Enjoying Halo with lots of customizations. Its pretty complete. The best thing is, I didn't find 3gpp videos working with the defaut video player. Even the trim feature was not working with Expertv4 & Cm 10.1. But Everything is working here. Kudos luca.

Edited by noobSU

Guest luca020400

New build is coming 

But without terminal emulator

EDIT : Testing the build

EDIT 2 : Uploading the build

Edited by luca020400

Guest luca020400

Rom is really working well. Enjoying Halo with lots of customizations. Its pretty complete. The best thing is, I didn't find 3gpp videos working with the defaut video player. Even the trim feature was not working with Expertv4 & Cm 10.1. But Everything is working here. Kudos luca.

Now 3gp video and audio is working !!

DONE : Rom online

Edited by luca020400

Guest noobSU

Luca can you add, Floating windows option into the long click of the notification in notification panel? I know it was a halo option which carbon didn't merge i think. It should be one of the commits in Halo source.

Guest LotR656

Hi

@luca020400 can you add something like devs from SlimKat add? When you receive message you get a small notification, like pop-up. Theu call it "heads up notofication".

Guest luca020400

I think no because is a KK function

@noob i will see if i can do something

Can you give me a rom with this working please

Edited by luca020400

Guest Y300-0100

Luca can you add, Floating windows option into the long click of the notification in notification panel? I know it was a halo option which carbon didn't merge i think. It should be one of the commits in Halo source.

Actually two or three commits. Two in framework base and one in setting I think.

Guest gergospy

My experiences so far.

I'm using version 09/07 with stock kernel. Phone is Y300-100. Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

• Generally it is working stable and smoothly.
  • The battery life is ok.

Some weird thing happens though.

• After a while CRT animation disappears with other animations too.
  • Skype video call crashes the skype app or causes hangs.
  • Once I had my call sounds stuck on loudspeakers.
  • On some startups the statusbar didn't show up.
  • It starts up with non default launcher sometimes.
  • To fix some of the above problems one reboot wasn't enought. Usually after the second reboot the problem was gone for a while.
Edited by gergospy

Guest luca020400

Thanks for the feedback

I haven't all these bufs except tge animation bit after a reboot it resolve

I don't sue skype so i can't test it

Guest SH3H1

Is there 'Pocket Mode' available in this ROM?

Ps: It's long since i left here ! since my phone was broken and i get it to repair , they said they did everything they can but no use but i get it back and no cost since didn't repair !

But i charged it and the phone booted O.o !!!!!!!!

They cleaned it well but due to out of charge those fools didn't knew it was repaired,lucky me :D

Guest noobSU

Very lucky :D :D

I think that Pocket Mode isn't here

Restored Expertv4 back :( After 12 hrs of use. Alot of hiccups & Hangs :( Serious Ram issues. Swap partition was always full after 10 to 12 hrs of usage. On Expertv4 sometimes i don't reboot even for a week & performance is just fine. I seriously like the carbon rom but these issues are deal breaking :(

Guest luca020400

Already here go to Settings > Carbon > interface and check Menu UI overflow

Guest luca020400

Restored Expertv4 back :( After 12 hrs of use. Alot of hiccups & Hangs :( Serious Ram issues. Swap partition was always full after 10 to 12 hrs of usage. On Expertv4 sometimes i don't reboot even for a week & performance is just fine. I seriously like the carbon rom but these issues are deal breaking :(

I'm using this rom with swap for 2 days and the swap used is always less than 20 Mb

Guest SH3H1

Been running it almost last 8 hours and here is my feedback :)

+Battery life - Best i've found among 4.2.2 :O

+Rich features - Yeah i lub it <3

+Damn Stable - Most stable 4.2.2 i would say ;)

+No Bugs found - i usually get atleast 1 bug when trying a ROM , My nature :P

+OMX is fixed :huh: ? - Video playback works as in stock..,yay i remember CM10.1s didn't play high res videos in even MxPlayer !

+Still finding :)

-After installing my apps i found that it's not as fast and smooth as CM10.1 (that's really bad :( )

-Lock screen control is confusing

-Status bar pulldown is laggy (hm...)

Btw- Did you guys made any changes to sources that made the battery life this awesome?(and video playback?)

All in all a very great ROM,well worth your work if it was fast and smooth as CM10.1..,or can you guys mix up and do the changes to CM10.1 and get a latest cleaned up CyanogenMod 10.1 build? , just wondering :P

Gracias Luca and Y300-0100 :)

Keep it going

Guest luca020400

Thanks for the feedback !!

The ROM is compiled without any "hack" for the battery

We have only added a custom codec for the video playback

And for the lockacreen is a carbonrom problem ( the same in aokp 4.2.2 )

What ia OMX ??

For the other negative i font know ;-)

For the cm10.1 build i cant do it because is the carbonrom that have this fantastic battery life

I can only create a flashable zip for the videoplayback

Edited by luca020400