How to restore original software without microSD?

Guest GaBBren

Guest GaBBren

Somehow the phone does not see the sd card. Something went wrong or i don't know. The current software is JellyBlade by gkalen. So i have CWM but i can't flash anything from sd card. I tried several sd cards. How  could i flash the stock ROM?

Guest gkalen

Somehow the phone does not see the sd card. Something went wrong or i don't know. The current software is JellyBlade by gkalen. So i have CWM but i can't flash anything from sd card. I tried several sd cards. How could i flash the stock ROM?

Try to flash it from internal sd card , maybe it will work.

Or if you have a cwm backup with stock rom , you can restore it through internal sd.

Edited by gkalen

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hello there,

You'll have to do it by firstly installing your phone's original stock recovery via the Android Debug Bridge (ADB). This installs from your computer (assuming you have one), to your phone, without the need for an sd card. You need to have the phone's stock rom recovery file (an .img file usually) in the same folder as adb.exe. You also need to know what partition your recovery partition is.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest gkalen

He can change cwm recovery with stock recovery much easier with terminal emulator than adb , but i think that Gabbren knows how to do it.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

He can change cwm recovery with stock recovery much easier with terminal emulator than adb , but i think that Gabbren knows how to do it.

Only problem with that is, he needs access to the recovery image, which, if I'm not mistaken - is on his sdcard! He can't go flashing stock recovery from CWM. He *could* copy it to his internal partitions, but that'll take adb anyway - at which point you may as well just flash it :wacko:

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest GaBBren

I know how to do that but how to do it if you can't use the microSD? I have your JellyBlade ROM installed and you know that microSD and the internal SD is swaped.

su
dd
if=/sdcard/recovery-cwm6036-8225.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.3/by-num/p16

This is the same command that i need?

Guest GaBBren

So i need a step by step guide guys. I download the stock recovery img from the Stock ROM thread then flash the stock ROM from internal sd card?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I know how to do that but how to do it if you can't use the microSD? I have your JellyBlade ROM installed and you know that microSD and the internal SD is swaped.

su

dd if=/sdcard/recovery-cwm6036-8225.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.3/by-num/p16

This is the same command that i need?

Well... That would flash CWM over itself again - assuming you have the right internal partition (my phone is dev/block/mmcblk0p17), which I'm sure you do, then you just need to change the .img file to the one from the stock ROM, and yep - should be good to go!

@gkalen Perhaps you know the shell command that shows all these partitions? Is it:

cat /proc/mnt

It's been a while...

Guest GaBBren

Well... That would flash CWM over itself again - assuming you have the right internal partition (my phone is dev/block/mmcblk0p17), which I'm sure you do, then you just need to change the .img file to the one from the stock ROM, and yep - should be good to go!

@gkalen Perhaps you know the shell command that shows all these partitions? Is it:

cat /proc/mnt

It's been a while...

yeah i forgot to change that. thanks i will try that.

Guest gkalen

Try to swap cards through settings and use the command that you said , but with the stock recovery.img not the cwm img.

If it didn't work you must do it with adb.

Or else , finally i can make for you a stock rom to flash it through cwm from your internal sd.

Just tell me which basebrand you have in stock rom.

Edited by gkalen

Guest GaBBren

Try to swap cards through settings and use the command that you said , but with the stock recovery.img.

If it didn't work you must do it with adb.

Or else , finally i can make for you a stock rom to flash it through cwm from your internal sd.

Just tell me which basebrand you have in stock rom.

That would be awesome. I have UK: (Virgin).

Guest gkalen

That would be awesome. I have UK: (Virgin).

Try the command that you said but in the place of cwm recovery img put the name of your stock recovery.

If it didn't work i will prepare the rom tonight and i will give you the link tomorrow.

Guest GaBBren

Try the command that you said but in the place of cwm recovery img put the name of your stock recovery.

If it didn't work i will prepare the rom tonight and i will give you the link tomorrow.

I will try on wednesday because i don't have the phone now. I hope it works but if i can restore the stock recovery will i able to flash the stock ROM from internal sd?

Guest gkalen

I will try on wednesday because i don't have the phone now. I hope it works but if i can restore the stock recovery will i able to flash the stock ROM from internal sd?

Well , i'm not sure that you can flash stock rom from internal sd.

Anyway you must wait until tomorrow and i will tell you if i can make the stock rom flashable with stock recovery included , to flash it through cwm.

@ MjonModaco

You're right on what you said.

Edited by gkalen

Guest gkalen

well , i hope it works.

VIG_UK

http://d-h.st/Xi2

this rom is completely stock , added stock VIG UK recovery.img , changed the updater script to be flashable with CWM and add the command line ( /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.3/by-num/p16 ) in it , so i think now you can flash the stock rom along with stock recovery from internal sd.

NOTE

i didn't try the rom so i don't know if everything goes well or not , actually the rom will gonna work but i really don't know what it will be going on with recovery.

as you can understand you must take the decision to flash it or not , because i never try it.

but be sure that in your case if i was you ,  i will be risking to flash it easily ... your case is very weird 

did you try to swapped cards through settings or did you try to flash rom again just in case  ??? ( just to see if it stills not recognize sd )

Edited by gkalen

Guest GaBBren

Thanks. I just did a wipe data/cache nothing else. I will flash this. I need to because if it is a hardware problem then i have to send it to repair it.