Continuation of IODAK's excellent work. [kernel] updated 14-09-02

Guest Mourta

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

I did a rough repack of mourta kernel for stock LG rom 4.1.2, i hope it's useful. With permissions i'll publish here with full credits to iodak for script (from v10) and mourta for awesome kernel.

Guest Mourta

I did a rough repack of mourta kernel for stock LG rom 4.1.2, i hope it's useful. With permissions i'll publish here with full credits to iodak for script (from v10) and mourta for awesome kernel.

PM me and i'll add it to the OP with the text you write in and credits to you and IODAK of course.

I was thinking of just unpacking the stock boot.img, insert my zImage and then repack it, i'm kinda curious if that would have worked or if there is more to it.

Guest Mourta

@Mourta, since we soon will have 3.4 kernel, right? What are the main benefits, if you can describe in short? Few simple words :D

Updates that would require rewriting most of the kernel to implement. Backporting stuff is great but there are things i have to exclude to make it work properly becaue of "not implemented yet" functions.

Things like CPU util, the updated cpufreq, Abyssplug and most of my general code changes are taken from my 3.4 kernel. The baseband stuff was the last part i had to fix because that has been a problem for a long time.

I'll release one more version of 3.1 before i switch to a new testing category and then you'll see it when Guiseppe and his crew are happy about it. (a 3.4 kernel needs a ROM compiled with the updated headers to work flawlessly so from that moment on it switches from a general kernel to a ROM).

And of course, things like thumb2 and hardfp system wide configurations don't work with 3.1 but they do work with 3.4 so that should make a pretty big real world difference in performance (and thus battery time, the faster things get done, the faster you can return to idle).

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

PM me and i'll add it to the OP with the text you write in and credits to you and IODAK of course.

I was thinking of just unpacking the stock boot.img, insert my zImage and then repack it, i'm kinda curious if that would have worked or if there is more to it.

The curious thing is that iodak found the ramdisk.sh script working for stock so i just changed the zImage and all worked fine, i'm testing it right now.

The bad new is that with stock rom the cpu don't scale down properly to 51 mhz and this will affect heating and battery life for sure.

Guest Mourta

The curious thing is that iodak found the ramdisk.sh script working for stock so i just changed the zImage and all worked fine, i'm testing it right now.

The bad new is that with stock rom the cpu don't scale down properly to 51 mhz and this will affect heating and battery life for sure.

I know, but it does scale down to 102 and that is actually the lowest setting for tegra3, officially.

It should be a lot better than stock anyway.

Guest macdaferriera

First, thanks to all the devs who are working 4 this device. I wanted to report that, even with latest kernel modem/ril crashes. Dmesg attached. Relevant part:cpwatcher_irq_handler() <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.363] [CPW] cpwatcher_work_func() <3>[14:08:24 18:50:49.363] 2014-8-24 18:50:49.372852 * <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.363] [CPW] cpwatcher_work_func(), status: 0 <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.363] [CPW] CP Crash : input_report_key(): 194 <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.373] start lge_nvdata_read . <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.373] read NV size = 1, offset = 2704 <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.393] read NV ret = 1 <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.393] read NV offset = 2704, message = 0[0] <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.503] [CPW] CP Crash : lge_is_ril_recovery_mode_enabled() = 1 ...change to CP_USB mode <6>[14:08:24 18:50:49.503] [MUIC] dp3t_switch_ctrl, None is connected to MUIC UART <6>[14:08:24 18:50:49.503] [MUIC] dp3t_switch_ctrl(): dp3t_mode = 0 <6>[14:08:24 18:50:49.643] [MUIC] usif_switch_ctrl, CP UART is connected to AP <6>[14:08:24 18:50:49.653] [MUIC] usif_switch_ctrl(): usif_mode = 0 <6>[14:08:24 18:50:49.653]

2014-08-24_18.54.zip

Guest derders

Baseband is updated (and now built into the kernel, makes no sense having a vital function in a module), this should fix all and any problems with that, if there are new problems or if the problems persist i'll need logs of them.

first of course THANKS (again) for all your work for our device

I have baseband_xmm_power problems from first day.

"If you mean this should fix all and any problems" how is it meant?

the kernel wakelock would disappear or would be reduced ?

I have latest LS installed with ART  and in BBS or WLD I have baseband_xmm_power wakelocks

tried over night wlan/mobile/location off  and it is listed on top (as always)

I don't know which log you need (see attachements)

P.S. or is it relevant from now which baseband we use? I mean I had (more) problems with V20b-EUR and flashed V20d-AME months ago

BetterBatteryStats-2014-08-25_130553237.txt

dmesg-2014-08-25_131939356.txt

logcat-2014-08-25_131939154.txt

Guest Mourta

Awesome work guys. It's exactly this I need, proper logs and information.

Don't feel ignored just because I don't reply immediately, I'm working on it. :)

Guest Mourta

First, thanks to all the devs who are working 4 this device. I wanted to report that, even with latest kernel modem/ril crashes. Dmesg attached. Relevant part:cpwatcher_irq_handler() <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.363] [CPW] cpwatcher_work_func() <3>[14:08:24 18:50:49.363] 2014-8-24 18:50:49.372852 * <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.363] [CPW] cpwatcher_work_func(), status: 0 <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.363] [CPW] CP Crash : input_report_key(): 194 <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.373] start lge_nvdata_read . <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.373] read NV size = 1, offset = 2704 <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.393] read NV ret = 1 <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.393] read NV offset = 2704, message = 0[0] <4>[14:08:24 18:50:49.503] [CPW] CP Crash : lge_is_ril_recovery_mode_enabled() = 1 ...change to CP_USB mode <6>[14:08:24 18:50:49.503] [MUIC] dp3t_switch_ctrl, None is connected to MUIC UART <6>[14:08:24 18:50:49.503] [MUIC] dp3t_switch_ctrl(): dp3t_mode = 0 <6>[14:08:24 18:50:49.643] [MUIC] usif_switch_ctrl, CP UART is connected to AP <6>[14:08:24 18:50:49.653] [MUIC] usif_switch_ctrl(): usif_mode = 0 <6>[14:08:24 18:50:49.653]

This should be fixed in new version.

Guest Mourta

first of course THANKS (again) for all your work for our device

I have baseband_xmm_power problems from first day.

"If you mean this should fix all and any problems" how is it meant?

the kernel wakelock would disappear or would be reduced ?

I have latest LS installed with ART  and in BBS or WLD I have baseband_xmm_power wakelocks

tried over night wlan/mobile/location off  and it is listed on top (as always)

I don't know which log you need (see attachements)

P.S. or is it relevant from now which baseband we use? I mean I had (more) problems with V20b-EUR and flashed V20d-AME months ago

Guest Mourta

New version is up, if you want to make a stock boot.img for it. :)

Guest Marek Wasik

New version so far so good. No deaths under charger. Smooth, fast. Ty Mourta.

Edit. Damn. After full charging, all seemed ok. I couldnt wake up my phone but someone could call me. I heard a ringer but couldnt answer. Black screen.

Edited by Marek Wasik

Guest hesami

tnx mourta for update... no freeze untill now(i had many hangs with old version)

two question:

1- why in first post you tell that:

NOTE TO ALL! You have to set your governor to ondemand before you reboot and flash this kernel, after that you can set it to abyssplugV2.

i do this first time in old versions but is it necessary for every kernel update to set governer first ondemand and then abyssplug? or its for the first time?

is wiping cache or dalvic or both necessary for every kernel update?

2-whats best config in trickster mod (all fields) with good battery / average performance ? can you or anyone make screenshots from all pages of trickster?

Edited by hesami

Guest ottomanhero

tnx mourta for update... no freeze untill now(i had many hangs with old version)

two question:

1- why in first post you tell that:

NOTE TO ALL! You have to set your governor to ondemand before you reboot and flash this kernel, after that you can set it to abyssplugV2.

i do this first time in old versions but is it necessary for every kernel update to set governer first ondemand and then abyssplug? or its for the first time?

is wiping cache or dalvic or both necessary for every kernel update?

2-whats best config in trickster mod (all fields) with good battery / average performance ? can you or anyone make screenshots from all pages of trickster?

1_) That is if you're switching from 0801 version to 0812.You don't need to do that in the future updates.

2_) Mourta recommends ROW io scheduler, abyssplugv2.

I also recommend you to set cache (above io scheduler option) to 2048 if it isn't.

You can also undervolt to save more juice.Check your tegra variant via /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/tegravariant (file name can also be variant)

If it's 1 or above 1, then undervolt MPU by -135 mV.Undervolt low power core by -75 mV.This should delay heating while playing games and also save some battery in general.

Finding out that my professor has invented

the tcp westwood is wonderful.

I have noticed that there are new congestion

control, what is the best for 2g 3g

connections?

Why since I put the 23 agoust kernel, the phone is

slow to start charging the pages?

Now i try latest

Guest dimi89

New version so far so good. No deaths under charger. Smooth, fast. Ty Mourta.

Edit. Damn. After full charging, all seemed ok. I couldnt wake up my phone but someone could call me. I heard a ringer but couldnt answer. Black screen.

Logs,logs mourta is demanding logs :D

Guest daniel.mota

1_) That is if you're switching from 0801 version to 0812.You don't need to do that in the future updates.

2_) Mourta recommends ROW io scheduler, abyssplugv2.

I also recommend you to set cache (above io scheduler option) to 2048 if it isn't.

You can also undervolt to save more juice.Check your tegra variant via /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/tegravariant (file name can also be variant)

If it's 1 or above 1, then undervolt MPU by -135 mV.Undervolt low power core by -75 mV.This should delay heating while playing games and also save some battery in general.

How do you undervolt the LP core?

Kernel Tweaker doesn't allow it, do you use trickster mod?

Guest derders

new logs after flashing new kernel update

I loose more battery while doing nothing with newer kernel(s) (or ROM?) (I always flash when you release)

BetterBatteryStats-2014-08-27_121128844.txt

logcat-2014-08-27_121109319.txt

BetterBatteryStats-2014-08-25_130553237.txt

logcat-2014-08-25_131939154.txt

dmesg-2014-08-27_121128960.txt

Edited by derders

Guest Fladder72

I have short question: Why do the latest versions have no kernel modules in the flashable zip file?

Edited by Fladder72

I´m using this kernel together with LiquidSmooth Rom since the day Mourta posted the Rom here on MoDaCo.

I tried all versions of his kernels and updates of Rom, but with all versions, I have very slow boot (about 30 times on/off boot animation before Desktop appears and another 2 Minutes until Launcher has started all Apps, Widgets and Icons.

If I use more Apps and dont kill them allways after using, P880 lags more and more until there are 5 seconds and more without reaction. Tried other kernel versions (even Iodak V10-CM) but it seems Rom related?!

What Rom´s do you prefer, who uses another Rom with this kernel(s) without lagging? I would like to try some other Roms (e.q. vanir 4.4.), cause in this form, the phone is not really smooth and fast (only after Boot and without using more Apps at the the time).

Before you tell me "factory reset and install again", I did a factory reset and a complete new install after changing from Vanir 4.3.1 to LiquidSmooth, so I dont think, thats the problem. Some wrote, xposed may be a problem, but I need xposed for Greenify and some other modules, so if thats the problem, I need a Rom, which dont have this problem. 

Thanks for your proposals...

Guest tool_king

I´m using this kernel together with LiquidSmooth Rom since the day Mourta posted the Rom here on MoDaCo.

I tried all versions of his kernels and updates of Rom, but with all versions, I have very slow boot (about 30 times on/off boot animation before Desktop appears and another 2 Minutes until Launcher has started all Apps, Widgets and Icons.

If I use more Apps and dont kill them allways after using, P880 lags more and more until there are 5 seconds and more without reaction. Tried other kernel versions (even Iodak V10-CM) but it seems Rom related?!

What Rom´s do you prefer, who uses another Rom with this kernel(s) without lagging? I would like to try some other Roms (e.q. vanir 4.4.), cause in this form, the phone is not really smooth and fast (only after Boot and without using more Apps at the the time).

Before you tell me "factory reset and install again", I did a factory reset and a complete new install after changing from Vanir 4.3.1 to LiquidSmooth, so I dont think, thats the problem. Some wrote, xposed may be a problem, but I need xposed for Greenify and some other modules, so if thats the problem, I need a Rom, which dont have this problem. 

Thanks for your proposals...

1. Nobody NEEDS Greenify.

2. ART or Dalvik?