Continuation of IODAK's excellent work. [kernel] updated 14-09-02

Guest Mourta

Guest tool_king

The other thing that I prefer in CM over LS is (and this may seem strange) the excess of features that I actually don't use, like hover, pie, halo, and others that I don't even remember. I know I can disable them, but actually I prefer not having them.

If you prefer having less features, I can recommend you a brand new device which should please your wishes just perfectly, mate! ;)

http://tcrn.ch/1pIOOFL

Edited by tool_king

Guest greece4E

I know, no offence taken nor implied, I'm just saying that there are people who dislike you using open source software as you damn well please and want to restrict it.

I personally find this completely retarded, i won't work around it so you'll have to use another kernel if you want to use that ROM.

My newest kernel will include a very clean cpuquiet that works in conjunction with intelliplug, you can only use balanced, it's the default.

There may be another CM soon though, not even attempting to go for stable at EOL is ... well i don't know what i'd call that except that you can expect more of the same.

I'm producing one last 3.1.10 It's been stable for me for a week, it's good enough.

I want to move on to higher grounds but if i have to keep backporting and fixing i'll never get there so i'm excluding the big update from my 3.4 kernel and you'll get a kernel that will last you for about 4 days with a couple of hours of screen on or at least 3.5 hours of screen on without undervolting or underclocking.

I do this reluctantly because i have testers reaching five hours using a combo.

i have  decide to sold my phone because battery life but with your fantastic news ill keep it ... :D thnks soooooooo much 

Edited by greece4E

@Mourta, can you make us a flashable zip of the latest kernel (included in your latest rom)?

Why not just extract the boot.img from the rom zip? And use flashify Edited by Ben36

I don't think that's enough, there are other files within the zip.

Yeah, that won't work, there are init files for every ROM that the anykernel script applies, this does not happen when you just extract a boot.img.

If you do that it will only work on that ROM anyway so why not just flash the ROM as is.

Anyway, sorry for not responding much.

3.4 is sent to testing, so... there's that. ;)

Guest daniel.mota

Yeah, that won't work, there are init files for every ROM that the anykernel script applies, this does not happen when you just extract a boot.img.

If you do that it will only work on that ROM anyway so why not just flash the ROM as is.

Anyway, sorry for not responding much.

3.4 is sent to testing, so... there's that. ;)

Thanks for your work on 3.4 :)

Anyway, I found out that your 02/09/2014 kernel works perfectly in the CM11 snapshot-rom from 16/09/2014, and that's why I asked you earlier in this thread if you could make a flashable zip of the latest version (the one included in your rom).

I know you think that is not a proper rom, but I tried your latest LS and it turns out to be very slow and laggy after some using time, maybe because of poor ram management, or maybe for some other reason.

Thanks for your work on 3.4 :)

Anyway, I found out that your 02/09/2014 kernel works perfectly in the CM11 snapshot-rom from 16/09/2014, and that's why I asked you earlier in this thread if you could make a flashable zip of the latest version (the one included in your rom).

I know you think that is not a proper rom, but I tried your latest LS and it turns out to be very slow and laggy after some using time, maybe because of poor ram management, or maybe for some other reason.

I have some bad news on that, it's unlikely that the new kernel will work on anything that was not compiled with the headers for it.

It'll probably work for most people who don't use advanced features like the screen or calling or backlight or the lcd...

This is why my first version will be a completely vanilla version so people who like to use Open Source but hate me can use it without fear of having to put my name in their author list.

That is what Open Source is all about, if you see code that you can use, you use it.

I have NO problem if people find my contributions useful and want to use them.

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

I have some bad news on that, it's unlikely that the new kernel will work on anything that was not compiled with the headers for it.

It'll probably work for most people who don't use advanced features like the screen or calling or backlight or the lcd...

This is why my first version will be a completely vanilla version so people who like to use Open Source but hate me can use it without fear of having to put my name in their author list.

That is what Open Source is all about, if you see code that you can use, you use it.

I have NO problem if people find my contributions useful and want to use them.

Mmm, I asked lucaarx to flash the Vanilla kernel on a different ROM, using one of his p880..he flashed it on the top of cm snapshot, and it works freakin' fine!! :D

Guest daniel.mota

Mmm, I asked lucaarx to flash the Vanilla kernel on a different ROM, using one of his p880..he flashed it on the top of cm snapshot, and it works freakin' fine!! :D

That's great news!

I'm using the cm snapshot M10 at the moment.

I should clarify what i meant, it will work on this version but the next requires a ROM compiled with the sync framework and you have to add the header files since the originals are too different.

We have support for this framework now but as with most devices that go on to unsupported kernel versions you have to add headers to compile it proplerly.

It may even work without it but there are things that won't work and in general you will have a lot of hangups that are just dismissed but still drag down performance.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest daniel.mota

Hello Mourta, hello @Giuseppe.

Is there any news on updates?

I'm back on cm11 nightlies for a month now, can you guys share any updated kernel that I can use/test?

EDIT: Sorry, I've just seen that a new version is in anorher thread, will check it right now!

Edited by daniel.mota

• 4 months later...
Guest Big master D

Hi, at my phone deep sleep don't working and i can't overclocking gpu always when i try change frequency back to default 416mhz. I have latest cm11 and mourta kernel. Someone know how to fix it? 

Guest Mourta

Hi, at my phone deep sleep don't working and i can't overclocking gpu always when i try change frequency back to default 416mhz. I have latest cm11 and mourta kernel. Someone know how to fix it? 

Wrong thread for the kernel and wrong thread for the question.

This kernel is discontinued.